Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Modern, Medium Class - First Build

• 3 Replies

SweetDisaster

• Cyare Shu’shuk
Modern, Medium Class - First Build
« on: Jan 09, 2021, 07:24 PM »
This is going to be my first build kit, so I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible while still getting the image I have in my head.  I'm going for a modern style mando, medium class.  I'm looking into getting a 3D printer (for this and other projects), and hope to be able to print at least my own bucket.  If I get everything figured out and I'm not totally horrible at it, I'll try my hand at printing the chest plates (I heard they can be a little hard to get the right shape for female armor?)  and maybe vambraces. 

As far as color scheme- I'm going for a semi-dark blue base color with light gray sections, and a yellow/gold accent throughout.  Maybe a few white highlights so it's not too dark overall.  I plan to have a decent bit of black/dark brown weathering and grit, and maybe a few scratched silver parts.  The entire kit will pretty much go along with this.  I'm trying to find a reasonable Star Wars beast to model some slight claw and bite marks after, but I haven't decided on one yet, or if I still want to do that.  I really like different shades of gray, so for the flight suit I'd like to use a dark gray material. I'm almost certainly going to rework the design of the yellow in the picture, before it's all said and done.

I'd like to eventually add in some type of weapon; most likely a blade.  I think a retractable blade on the bracer would be cool, but I'd probably have to buy that (which is fine).

Areth

Re: Modern, Medium Class - First Build
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2021, 02:28 PM »
That line pattern is very cool.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2021, 10:47 PM »
I dig the colours and the concept, very interesting line pattern! I did notice you mentioned a retractable gauntlet blade, and unfortunately any kind of retractable or spring loaded device is not permitted as per the CRLs. I think it would be fine if its in a fixed position as long as its not a possible hazard eg. sharp, pointy etc... 

Celtkhan

• Want some soup?
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2021, 11:04 PM »
Retractible/extensible is allowed; spring-loaded is not. As long as it is hand-operated, it’s ok.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!