Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

nite owl

• 4 Replies
nite owl
« on: Jan 13, 2021, 09:27 PM »
Stupid question.
I have not started a build but wanted to know what everyone thinks about a male night owl. they are sleek cool and Bo
Katan is a bad -censored- so she would be someone I would follow in battle.  I know it is usually female but did not see that there was anything saying there were not any guys.

Re: nite owl
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2021, 10:08 AM »
I don’t think there is anything that says there can’t be a male nite owl. In Rebels, Bo-Katan travels with a male and female, the female wearing the nite owl symbol. I’m sure the male is at least an equivalent, if not a male nite owl. Before then, in the times of Death Watch, the Nite Owls were simply a group of elite warriors led by Bo-Katan.  Nothing about that means there couldn’t be males.  Hope that helps!

jethroskull

• “Ruug'la bal o'r te ara.”
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2021, 12:18 PM »
The language of the Mandalorians is very gender-neutral for a reason; a warrior is a warrior.

Depending on era you can use existing images to create your build. First question; which era? This will be important. Then look for CRLs for canon Nite Owls (I know there is a TCW one) and build to your shape. Keep all the colours and materials the same and you should be good to go.

I would run it past your clan Ruus'alors and get a more official take.

A'den Syngh; Desert Rat
LBK/Pilot
Cabur Akaata - Grey Brigade/OT Guard  F&AMM - Wrangalor - QMU - Desert Wolves
Wolves of Mandalore Clan

Celtkhan

• Want some soup?
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2021, 02:41 PM »
The official app team stance is that there is no gender restriction on the Nite Owl design helmet (or any helmet, I believe); you can search the Q&A forums for the exact thread.

I don’t believe we’ve seen any male Mandos wearing a Nite Owl helm; Axe Woves runs with Bo and even though his armor is painted in the same color scheme, he has a barbute style helm instead.

That said, the Nite Owl design is a very aesthetically pleasing design, and I doubt anyone would object to your using it. And if they do, you’re a Mandalorian. Blast them.

jethroskull

• “Ruug'la bal o'r te ara.”
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2021, 03:18 PM »
There are a lot of "males" in "cat-eyed" helmets. I was using one for my WIP until I realized my chin stuck out. I have another that is for my WIP #2.

A'den Syngh; Desert Rat
LBK/Pilot
Cabur Akaata - Grey Brigade/OT Guard  F&AMM - Wrangalor - QMU - Desert Wolves
Wolves of Mandalore Clan

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!