Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

"Dragon" hunter armor started

• 41 Replies

Gra Drashlyar

• Gra Drashlyar Dragon Hunter
"Dragon" hunter armor started
« on: Dec 07, 2009, 07:43 PM »
Ok, for those who have seen my thread on my Krayt Dragon hunter concept, I got some progress done. I have made a fem Mods to my origanl design and have included  clone style hand guards. But all the pictures are what I have done so far. Thanks for looking and please, Please comment.

The hand guard on the glove I am going to use. It is a first gen, it is just to get an idea on how it is going to look. I will glass it with some help.

Sorry for the picture. I will try to take a better on eventually.

Here is a front picture of the lip of the hand plate. It is almost impossible to find as this one is covered with electrical tape, witch is also black. Again sorry.

also I have started on my jetpack and will post a thread on my progress for that. NAd if wanted I will link it here.

Re: "Dragon" hunter armor started
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2009, 11:36 AM »
do you have a color scheme? i'll sketch 1 up for you if you wan't

Gra Drashlyar

« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2009, 09:09 AM »
I do have a color scheme, but I'm not sure if I am entirley happy with it.

Corr Ordo

• I'm a bad person. Just plain awful.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2009, 09:52 AM »
I do have a color scheme, but I'm not sure if I am entirley happy with it.

Then post something and we'll give you a few ehjookated suggestions. ;)

What? Is this thing on? Oh, uh, death upon your head and such.

Gra Drashlyar

« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2009, 03:30 AM »
this is the orignal concept but I moved from the scales to darth dom's  body armor concept

this
although the helmet will stay the same from the first pic. The horns might get placed differently and I might to a bone design if I can contact Ijaat.

also this is my pack idea. I still am going to do a Jango stubby but will use this for hotter conditions or stronger foes.

« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2009, 03:33 AM by Par'jilaad » Logged

Gra Drashlyar

« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2009, 05:21 PM »
made a dent it making my armor. Since nobody bought my V1 armor I'm scrapping the paint job and redoing it. here is what it looks like so far.

that is it for now. thanks and comments and questions are helpful.

Gra Drashlyar

« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2009, 09:28 PM »

This is the final concept for my Dragon slayer armor. The verd'ika helmet has a backstory that will come later. I have upturned the horns and placed them on the dome rather than on the ears. I have added a kama,black with green trim. As for the chest detail, those are two crossbone style sythes.

« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2009, 08:02 AM by Par'jilaad » Logged
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2009, 09:54 PM »
Not seein a pic vod'ika.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Gra Drashlyar

« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2009, 08:02 AM »
Fixed the link

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:45 PM »
Great drawing. I wish I had some artistic skills.

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Gra Drashlyar

« Reply #10 on: Jan 01, 2010, 04:24 AM »
Great drawing. I wish I had some artistic skills.

Thanks but this isn't really the best artwork around. Artistic "skills" are not that hard to obtain, in fact you might already have them and just take them for  granted as youu use them daily. Any thing can become art. You just have to have a little imagantion

Gra Drashlyar

« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2010, 04:16 PM »
Update!!! I have gone through out the processes of buying  a bucket, cuutting the armor out and painting. Right now as I am typing the last coat of paint is drying. But suilly me forgot to take pictures and I will post pics of the remaining buucket, the armor as it dries and the final product. However due to muy lack of insight, I thought I could get every piece of armor out of one bucket. I am missing one knee and the back plate. Those I will take pics of. RIght now enjoy this long update and pics will be on their way soon.

Xyon Koreen

• Nayc tok'kad, Nayc dinuir laam
« Reply #12 on: Jan 03, 2010, 06:47 PM »
nice concept.  looks very viking.  i like vikings

MMCC #51
MiB #10
Cabur Akaata #58
Grey Brigade #23
B.O.M.B. #68
M.A.B.E.L. #61

Kora

• Queen of the Winter Harvest
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #13 on: Jan 03, 2010, 09:31 PM »
Psst. Parj. Still need a measurement for the kama. ;)

We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
- Mal, "Firefly"

Kora Solusar/Tiika Ruslin/Vaya Sinar Mendrosè

Gra Drashlyar

« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2010, 11:45 PM »
Kora: pm'd

Xyon: I have had many people tell me that, and the fact that my school's mascot is a viking has nothing to do with it. wink wink :-)

without further ado here is my partially finished dragon slayer armor....

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #15 on: Jan 10, 2010, 12:09 AM »
looking great! make sure you get some spats or have boot and shin armor to cover those boot laces. might think about thinning out the cod some, make it narrower, for comfort.

Skudt

• Profile image is property of Brian Matyas
« Reply #16 on: Jan 10, 2010, 12:59 AM »
Diggin it so far. Also giving me some ideas for mine. Ever thought of maybe getting your grubby little paws on some faux alligator leather or croc leather? Just an idea. I'll be doing something with it in my kit. Once I get some I let you know and maybe we can work out a trade or some such thing.

"Don't make me work"
- Skudt

Kora

• Queen of the Winter Harvest
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #17 on: Jan 10, 2010, 01:02 AM »
Really likin' what you have so far Parj. :D

(Btw- haven't gotten that PM yet. <_< >_> Buut, I have an idea for the coloring on the leather. Didn't know if you wanted me to spray some green on it, kind of like I did with the green and gold on my brother's kama . .I'll try to find a good pic of it to show you want I mean. Might give the leather some "oof" to set it off. Might not though. lol It's up to you.)

We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
- Mal, "Firefly"

Kora Solusar/Tiika Ruslin/Vaya Sinar Mendrosè

Gra Drashlyar

« Reply #18 on: Jan 10, 2010, 04:27 PM »
Aden: already working on that :-). I  have designed a two part system. Lower boot and laces are covered\

Kora: hmmm.....curious. I'll pm you again to see if iut works.

Skudt: Glad i could help. As far as faux leather goes in the way of "dragons" of today, I would much like it iuf you could point me it the direction of some. Trades are always possible.

Glad you all like it. Get ready for some seriouus upgrades soon. Wink, Wink......tune in next week.

Ka'len Bes'uliik

• Aliit ori'shya taldin
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #19 on: Jan 10, 2010, 05:34 PM »
Great looking armor ner'vod!

"Rage is one hell of an anesthetic."

Gra Drashlyar

« Reply #20 on: Jan 11, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Thanks, Phax. Btw how's your set coming? I am overhaauling it now as I want to get some things done and get a test fit although I might have to rework the neck armor. It feels alittle to small. Also I am planning on getting a DSB helmet for this kit. We'll see how that pans out. Wish me luck. As for the Boot armor I am working on getting my second boot cut out. as far as attaching it I am at a loss. If any one can help please do so. Thanks. As far as my kness go a the new Crl's could anyone help on hiding the straps?

Ka'len Bes'uliik

• Aliit ori'shya taldin
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #21 on: Jan 11, 2010, 08:44 PM »
Thanks, Phax. Btw how's your set coming? I am overhaauling it now as I want to get some things done and get a test fit although I might have to rework the neck armor. It feels alittle to small. Also I am planning on getting a DSB helmet for this kit. We'll see how that pans out. Wish me luck. As for the Boot armor I am working on getting my second boot cut out. as far as attaching it I am at a loss. If any one can help please do so. Thanks. As far as my kness go a the new Crl's could anyone help on hiding the straps?
Cool, thanks for asking, it's pretty much on hold tell summer when I will hopefully be purchasing a sintra kit now that I've done some research...so I expect to be finished by Christmas next year.

"Rage is one hell of an anesthetic."

Sinclair Reau

• Big Damn Heroes, sir
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: Jan 12, 2010, 04:41 PM »
Alll those photos look good! Excited to see it all come together!  :)

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

Gra Drashlyar

« Reply #23 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:33 PM »
Thanks guys. I am really glad on how it is coming out so far.

« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2010, 07:25 PM by Par'jilaad » Logged

Buurenaar Morran

• clan over all
« Reply #24 on: Jan 13, 2010, 06:13 PM »
really nice work here, ner vod! looking good thus far!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!