Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Clone commander blaster conversion!!!

• 14 Replies

Gra Drashlyar

• Gra Drashlyar Dragon Hunter
Clone commander blaster conversion!!!
« on: Dec 12, 2009, 04:49 PM »
Ok, here is the plan

1) get the Hasbro Clon commander Blaster
2) get supplies to convert a 30 inch Dc-15 A to  55 inch Dc-15 A

The problem is I have no idea how to do this. Now I know the smarter Idea would be just mod it into a different gun but I really like the Dc-15 long. Here is where I need your help. What would be the best supplies to get?

PentharNull

Re: Clone commander blaster conversion!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2009, 06:11 PM »

Par'jilaad you bring up a valid question here so let me just give you my too cents on this.

well some time back for the clone war premier me and some buds made Dc-15's for our clones that we had made' now are Dc-15's  were 40 inch i don't know if any one in the 501st is using 55 inch and I'm not going to get into a debate with them over it .

just saying that the 40 inch was a big -censored- gun as it was .

so if your making this weapon for your custom Mando i think you can get away with it being a custom weapon almost like a combat shot-gun is a scaled down custom version of the original .

I'm not relay sure how to start this part but i would say from the peaces that you are starting with lengthen the neck of the stock' also the Barrel  and you may have to Build up the square body section of it in front of the trigger assembly.

if you could put up some pic' we mite all be able to give you a better expansion'

Gra Drashlyar

« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2009, 06:30 PM »
Yea, sure I can't belive I didn't do that.

The Dc-15 a long

the hasbro one

« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2009, 08:23 PM »
the hasbro one

Okay, I hate to even momentarily derail this, but what is up with that person in the picture? Where is their upper half?

I mean you can clearly see the lower half, and the hands holding the box, but there is no way that lady looking off to the left is the upper half of that person, she would be way out of proportion. What kind of smoke and mirrors are afoot here?

Gra Drashlyar

« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2009, 08:25 PM »
Okay, I hate to even momentarily derail this, but what is up with that person in the picture? Where is their upper half?

I mean you can clearly see the lower half, and the hands holding the box, but there is no way that lady looking off to the left is the upper half of that person, she would be way out of proportion. What kind of smoke and mirrors are afoot here?

Lightsaber accident

Ca-Senaar

« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2009, 08:40 PM »

XD Oh gosh, I love you.

It's a kid.

Gra Drashlyar

« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2009, 08:43 PM »
that it is. you pass your eye test. lol Joking

Ca-Senaar

« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2009, 08:45 PM »
Yeehaw~

;D

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2009, 09:36 PM »
My wife just picked up one of these.  What most clone-costume wearers seem to not get is that if they're NOT 6'1", the movie scale gun looks stupidly huge.  She's about 5'5" and it's almost perfectly to scale.  Just barely too short to scale.

We're calling it the DC-15/m Interchangeable Combat Weapon System. (Like the DC-17/m RepCom gun)

PentharNull

« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2009, 03:45 PM »

hey' Par'jilaad

ok ive bin to my local Toy's R' us to take a look at this thing' and this is the best that i can come up with.

find a second one as cheep as you can  :rolleyes:

and use those extra peaces to lengthen the neck of the stock' and also the Barrel .

if it still dose not look right see about expanding the main body section

sorry  :( but that's the best i can come up with with out building one from scratch'

Gra Drashlyar

« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2009, 04:52 PM »
How would I go about building one from scratch if this doesn't work? I don't want to buy an airsoft or spend more  than a $100.

PentharNull

« Reply #11 on: Dec 13, 2009, 06:32 PM »

ok just wondering whats your time table here when do you need this Dc-15 long by'

Gra Drashlyar

« Reply #12 on: Dec 13, 2009, 06:42 PM »
I would like to have it done by the time cv rolls around. I have nothing to do EVER.

PentharNull

« Reply #13 on: Dec 13, 2009, 07:15 PM »

ok if you can give me some time i can probably come with a DC-15 by late February but I'm not sure'

i would suggest to use the peaces that you have now to peace some thing together if i cant pull it off' you would still have time 5 months i believe'

so use this time to finish your very cool  Dragon" hunter armor ;)

Gra Drashlyar

« Reply #14 on: Dec 13, 2009, 07:17 PM »
workin on it. have to sand and paint the armor and finish the soft parts.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!