Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mercs invade Seattle Jingle Bell 5k run/walk

• 7 Replies
Mercs invade Seattle Jingle Bell 5k run/walk
« on: Dec 13, 2009, 09:36 PM »

The NWC Ver'alor, Bes'kad Prudii conducted a one man invasion of the Seattle Jingle Bell 5k run/walk to benefit the Arthritis Foundation on Sunday, Dec. 13th 2009.  Every year people dress up in festive costumes and regular street clothes to run or walk the five kilometers.  This year, the Mercs took to the streets, much to the delight of the entire 12,000 person crowd.

Although it was a timed run/walk.  I was stopped far to often to pose for pictures to have my time be taken serious!  The important thing was that the Jingle Bell run raised a little more than $500,000 in total.

As strange as it was to see a Merc walking the streets of Seattle, the public transit system acted like it was just a normal Sunday morning in Seattle.

« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2009, 07:28 PM by Bes'kad Prudii » Logged
This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.
Re: Mercs invade Seattle Jingle Bell 5k run/walk
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2009, 09:37 PM »
Since it was a one man invasion, not much for pictures.  I am waiting to find more on various media outlets and flickr since I was filmed and photographed ALOT.  Here is the only other picture I have, post run (and looking a mess since I just finished!):

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Aramys Strael

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2009, 12:38 PM »
Well done, my friend!

Bill Kohlleppel
250th Mandalorian Merc Member
MAJIC operative #009
MAAM #001
ORB ORS009
Ewok Relocation Agent #002
HORSEMAN: PESTILENCE
Kote at ner aliit, kote at an ner vode!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2009, 07:51 PM »
Good job!

This user was brought to you through Star Wars empowerment and life enrichment.

Aramys Strael

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2009, 12:18 PM »
Very nicely done, man!

Bill Kohlleppel
250th Mandalorian Merc Member
MAJIC operative #009
MAAM #001
ORB ORS009
Ewok Relocation Agent #002
HORSEMAN: PESTILENCE
Kote at ner aliit, kote at an ner vode!

Geber Teg

• My other car is a Firespray-class
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2009, 03:34 PM »
Nice that you got a quick cameo on the news!

Solus Kyr

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2009, 01:45 PM »
GREAT JOB! I love one man invasions!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!