Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bo Katan Live Action build (photo heavy)

• 5 Replies

Reika

Bo Katan Live Action build (photo heavy)
« on: Mar 10, 2021, 05:37 AM »
Hi All

I have been very slowly working on Bo Katan and doing kits for my kids. I realised I havent put anything in here since being approved on my other kit.
Today we completed the helmet, so I will go ahead an attach some photos. I basically prepared the helmet for paint and hubby took over the painting as he is abit of a perfectionist and would get it better than I ever could. Thank god for him!

We followed a tutorial on you tube by the welding geek on how to paint the helmet, very handy. this involved several layers and toothpaste for damage, along with a black wash and some airbrushing.

These are the paints we ended up using and as Im in Australia they will be different elsewhere. I didnt get a picture of the matte black or silver.

Squirts - satin silver (bunnings)
Lak - Yankee (officeworks)
Rustoleum- satin granite (bunnings)

These 4 from Montana Au (ordered online)
Matte black -94 Mtn
Freedom blue -94 Mtn
Electric blue - Madmaxx mtn
Matte white - Hardcore Mtn

Here is the link with more photos and video so I dont over load this. 😊

http://imgur.com/a/iGVZOSe

Thats it for now..

« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2021, 05:45 AM by Reika » Logged

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
Re: Bo Katan Live Action build (photo heavy)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2021, 03:08 PM »
Good start - following!  :like:

Ally93

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2021, 07:35 PM »
So excited to see this kit finished.
It looks so amazing so far.

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam - A warrior is more than his armor
« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2021, 12:32 PM »
Hi, my friend, it looks really beautiful, I would like to see this life) I also tried to make something like this with my own hands about five years ago, but unfortunately, my hands are not so perfect to make such beautiful things. I basically always ask my friend when I need to rework a picture or something like that, he turns to https://photorelive.com/services/product-photo-editing and he personally brings me home. Of course, I always treat him to a cold glass of beer and some snacks that I bought near the house at a stall.

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2021, 05:23 PM by LRachel » Logged

Reika

« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2021, 01:23 AM »
I havent posted for so long. Sorry to those following.

I have made alot of progress. I will link photos

I am going to be commissioning my flightsuit and vest as I cannot sew. I have link photos of me wearing what I have made so far however it is in the skycostumes flightsuit.

The belt and holster I had made by Delta Leatherworks. Its does need slight modify and the buckle was made from sintra which snapped and broke unfortunately.  I have replaced it with the one that came with the skycostume for now.

In regards to the photo of me wearing the build so far:
I do have the hand plates but not attached
The cod was to small so need to remake.
Haven't made the backplate as I want to only do that when I have lose the kgs.
Jetpack in progress
Boots and bootcovers still to make (these are what I had in the closet)
I also think I need to shorten the holsters

http://imgur.com/a/3PGJWzt
http://imgur.com/a/LyQ5eSA

« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2021, 06:03 PM »
awesome build. how did you attach the knee armor? and where did you get the belt?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!