Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

CS-6 Long Strike

• 16 Replies
CS-6 Long Strike
« on: Dec 15, 2009, 09:41 PM »
I'm considering buying one as a primary weapon for my first Mando. Is this a good starting gun?

Burc'ya Ca

Merric Dar'veyn

• D.A.S. #4 - Q.M.U. #45
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: CS-6 Long Strike
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2009, 09:51 PM »
You mean Long Shot? ;D Well, I would recomend a recon more, but it is all up to you.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2009, 09:57 PM »
No, actually. I can't find one of those to save my life. Apparently, they've been replaced by this newer model.

Burc'ya Ca

Johan Kordav

• i just realized, im madalorian i dont need to care
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2009, 10:10 PM »
they have come out with a new one for some reason but if you remove the front barrel then i think it'll look good

i shall follow mandalore in to battle and should he fall i will take his blaster his bucket and his name and fight on.

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2009, 10:04 AM »
i have one of both the recon and long shot... it really depends on what you want... the recon w/o the stock looks like a e-11 and the long shot well w/ the barrel is a sniper and w/o it looks like a shotgun of sorts

" OOPS! I thought the contract said DEAD!!! Sorry."

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2009, 10:59 AM »
I would just suggest modifyng it heavily. Take the NERF look out of it and give it a more swarzy look. Unfortunatly, NERF's are almost becoming too recognizable these days and a simple repainted NERF isn't going to be good enough anymore.

« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2009, 11:58 AM »
Found this on another forum, just to clear things up.

Nerf N-Strike CS-6 Longstrike

Minus Barrel extenxion

« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2009, 11:59 AM by Athin Ordo » Logged
"...go go go!  Oya!" - Ordo

Nayc vericoaan a'mhi. Nayc kar'galan, a'mhi. Nayc tor; Shi Mhi

There is no hope, but us.  There is no mercy, but us.  There is no justice;  there's just us.

Zevlar Rayco

• MMCC197 M.A.J.I.C 59
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2009, 02:58 PM »
you'll have to wait until spring 2010 for that one

"Let your woes become your deadliest weapons."

Jare Hasan

• Clan Murraan PR Officer
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2009, 03:03 PM »
I would just suggest modifyng it heavily. Take the NERF look out of it and give it a more swarzy look. Unfortunatly, NERF's are almost becoming too recognizable these days and a simple repainted NERF isn't going to be good enough anymore.

Amen.  no offese, but there a re a zillion alternatives to Nerf guns that look a ton more swarzy,  I am so sick of Nerf guns with SW costumes.  IMHO, Nerf looks more Halo than SW.

SW weapons are WWII surplus with scopes and crazy crap glued to them.  Mausers, Sterlings, Webleys, big honkin' MGs...hecks, a Sten or a Grease Gun or a MP-40 airsoft wuld look a ton better (with some mods) than a Nerf.

Sorry, that was a rant.

There's always free cheese in a mousetrap.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2009, 03:10 PM »
most of the newer guns like these i've seen are listed as "in game only" for the new wii game.  there are several really hot guns in the group i saw but none of them are scheduled for real world release.  anybody heard differently?  imo the stempede rev-12 could come close to looking like an EE-3 but again, from what i've seen it's only an "in game" weapon.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2009, 03:33 PM »
On ething to consider when looking for your Star Wars weapons, is to check the Trading Station. You may need to go through 2 or 3 pages but, we have several makers of in universe weapons that can be easily personalized. Most of these weapons are quite affordable. Most cost about what it costs to get a Nerf and mod it to make it useable.

Jare Hasan

• Clan Murraan PR Officer
« Reply #11 on: Dec 16, 2009, 03:41 PM »
*coughnewrunofEE-1andEE2sintheTradingStationcough*

;)

There's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

Geber Teg

• My other car is a Firespray-class
« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2009, 04:12 PM »
Amen.  no offese, but there a re a zillion alternatives to Nerf guns that look a ton more swarzy,  I am so sick of Nerf guns with SW costumes.  IMHO, Nerf looks more Halo than SW.

SW weapons are WWII surplus with scopes and crazy crap glued to them.  Mausers, Sterlings, Webleys, big honkin' MGs...hecks, a Sten or a Grease Gun or a MP-40 airsoft wuld look a ton better (with some mods) than a Nerf.

Sorry, that was a rant.

That's my favorite type of Swarsy blaster! Take just about anything from the first half of the 20th century and add some mods. It's a tried & true formula that's easy to accomplish and results in a very right-looking blaster.

« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2009, 05:36 PM »
*coughnewrunofEE-1andEE2sintheTradingStationcough*

;)

read and understood   :rolleyes:  lol

« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2009, 05:43 PM »
main reason i think i'll stick with nerf is that i'm opening them up and adding lighting.  hard to do with most of the prop guns that are out there.  i'll keep an eye out in the trading station though.

« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2009, 05:45 PM »
main reason i think i'll stick with nerf is that i'm opening them up and adding lighting.  hard to do with most of the prop guns that are out there.  i'll keep an eye out in the trading station though.

Airsoft guns, like MP-40's and the like can be found on ebay for under $10 shipped.. Open them up, remove the guts, and add lights and sealed back up then add greeblies.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Corvax

« Reply #16 on: Dec 17, 2009, 04:21 PM »
I am an avid Nerfherder... but I am personally very tired of seeing them with custom Mandos.  No offense, it's just more thing to make fun of. 

However, seeing as I found out the Longstrike is a real toy to come out... I want one! 

- Founder and Supreme Leader of the "Legion Of Snarky Troopers", LOST. -
"If  you whine long enough, someone will eventually hear you. If you keep whining after you're heard, someone will eventually shoot you."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!