Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Fenn Shysa's canon appearance?

• 80 Replies

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Fenn Shysa's canon appearance?
« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2009, 05:39 PM »
As for the first pic posted... I would assume that's mission specific soft body armor. Like a bullet proof vest if you will. However, that design wouldn't pass CRL's. It'd be cool for an auxillary set of armor but, not approvable for the primary.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2009, 05:39 PM »
I always enjoyed Fenn's "Mandalore" armor

but ya the image you see from the book in the OP is the same from the comics that he wore. It's his flightsuit underneath his Mando chestplate

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Corvax

« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2009, 05:44 PM »
It'd be cool for an auxillary set of armor but, not approvable for the primary.

While I defer to your role in costume approval, not all costumes have to be  "canon". 

(which is pretty ironic for a group of custom costumers and sounds a bit like the Tupperboys)

Sometimes you just have to wear a costume for yourself.

- Founder and Supreme Leader of the "Legion Of Snarky Troopers", LOST. -
"If  you whine long enough, someone will eventually hear you. If you keep whining after you're heard, someone will eventually shoot you."

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2009, 05:48 PM »
I agree Corvax. Not saying it's canon or not canon as in a custom club that has no bearing on a costume here. All of our kits fit a canon style but our characters etc. aren't canon.

That being said, I was just laying out that if s new member were to build this and submit it for approval, they should know ahead of time that it doesn't meet the CRL's for armor as it's well under armored for current Modern Era CRL's. That's not meant to be a deterant at all, just passing along info. Also, if a kit is not approved, it can't be worn to Official Mercs Events, only open events.

McCoy: I love the style of his Mandalore armor but the colors are too Yukon Cornelius to me lol!

Ka'ox Veed

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2009, 05:54 PM »
Sorry I confused myself.

Corvax

« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 2009, 05:55 PM »
From Marvel Star Wars issue 68

http://www.nukecd.com/cayce/mandcomix/Marvel%20Comics%20-%20Star%20Wars%20%23068/Marvel%20Star%20Wars%20068-13.JPG

It looks very "soft" here.  But isn't just an undersuit since we never see him take off over-armor and he still has his jetpack on.

Although it could just be "stylized"

"If  you whine long enough, someone will eventually hear you. If you keep whining after you're heard, someone will eventually shoot you."

Mar'eyce

• Ma-ray-shay
« Reply #21 on: Dec 21, 2009, 05:59 PM »
Just having old comic books for reference creates a real challenge. In the early comics Fenn was wearing all green, but then again so was Boba Fett Spar.

Fenn is on the left, and at the time the comic was published, the guy in the middle was supposed to be Boba. His armor looks very different than in the films though. The bright green suits are awful, but we do have to remember that this is the same comic that had Dengar wearing blue and purple.

One thing that does stand out on Fenn's kit is the gauntlet blasters. And his jetpack appears to be different too.

I always enjoyed Fenn's "Mandalore" armor

It goes so well with his bright yellow hair!  :D

I guess it could be re-interpreted with a slighly more subdued shade for the soft parts. He looks like he stole his flightsuit from an X-wing pilot.

« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2009, 06:01 PM by Mar'eyce » Logged

Corvax

« Reply #22 on: Dec 21, 2009, 06:01 PM »
If I recall... the orange jumpsuit with white armor comes from an issue where Fenn was training on X-wings with the Rebel Alliance.

Venn Tosa

• Verd Ori'shya Beskar'gam
« Reply #23 on: Dec 21, 2009, 06:08 PM »
So I did a Google image search for Mr. Shysa and came up with pics of an action figure that was put out by Hasbro. It was one of their two-figure packs that they've been doing for awhile now. In it Fenn is side-by-side with Dengar.

How come Fenn has Jango's blasters?

You know what they say about a Mando'ad who starts removing his earings right? - Venn Tosa about to give some di'kut a kick in the shebs

Mar'eyce

• Ma-ray-shay
« Reply #24 on: Dec 21, 2009, 06:10 PM »
How come Fenn has Jango's blasters?

Because his action figure is just a repainted Jango with a new head. :P  

Oooh, look at pretty purple Dengar!

Corvax

« Reply #25 on: Dec 21, 2009, 06:11 PM »
Yeah, just like Tobi  is a repainted Evolutions Boba.

I'm assuming Fenn and Tobi's armor are retconned to be like their action figures.

Mar'eyce

• Ma-ray-shay
« Reply #26 on: Dec 21, 2009, 06:14 PM »
I have both the Fenn and Tobi figures. At least Fenn's head looks like him, but Tobi's figure has hair when he was clearly bald in the comics.

That orange ammo belt is just scary though.

Corvax

« Reply #27 on: Dec 21, 2009, 06:17 PM »
The Tobi reminds me of Jason Statham.  I interpret it to be closely shaved, "stubble" hair.

Venn Tosa

• Verd Ori'shya Beskar'gam
« Reply #28 on: Dec 21, 2009, 06:25 PM »
So... could someone use a Jango holster rig, two westars, and a belt with Boba style pounches as part of a Fenn Shysa costume?

You know what they say about a Mando'ad who starts removing his earings right? - Venn Tosa about to give some di'kut a kick in the shebs

Ghez Hokan

• War is about applying your brains.
« Reply #29 on: Dec 21, 2009, 06:31 PM »
The Tobi reminds me of Jason Statham.  I interpret it to be closely shaved, "stubble" hair.

I was thinking the exact same thing just now lol

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!