Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Practical Props (for walking impaired.)

• 7 Replies
Practical Props (for walking impaired.)
« on: Aug 29, 2021, 08:20 PM »
So this time next year with Dragon Con coming up I maybe having a surgery on my ankle and knee, I was planning on going to the con and donning the fully assembled mando kit.

Here is the thing, I  may need to use a walking stick or similar to help get around whilst I'm at the con.
The first thoughts were the Beskar Spear and the Amban phase-pulse blaster (the blaster would need a bit more work to make it one solid piece inside rather than parts.)

My question for you all: What other items do you think would work well as a walking stick but keeping to the theme?  :like:

Finally picked a Mandalorian Name: Dush Nuhun

Desago

• Keep your wits sharp, and your blade sharper.
  • Awards 200 troops 150 troops 267th Rapid Assault 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Chicago
Re: Practical Props (for walking impaired.)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2021, 08:57 PM »
I would avoid using a spear (the aluminum spear is not allowed by ths club) as a walking stick. The last thing we would want is for you to lose your balance and accidentally impale yourself.
Medical assistance devices are allowed by the club, even wheel chairs. So a good old fashion walking cane would suffice and have been seen in Star Wars media.
Reinforcement of the pulse rifle to make it a suitable walking device will add some substantial weight to it.
Something to keep in mind if you are going that route.

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."
L.O.B # 22 | M.A.J.I.C # 166 |M.A.D. # 72 | M.T.S (Mando-Tough) # 89 | S.P.A.R.C.K. # 19 | M.A.C.K # 37| O.O.P.S.! # 27

Arminius

« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2021, 09:18 PM »
Maybe a reinforced blaster rifle prop could work. During the mission to Rugosa Yoda combines two blasters to make a crutch for an injured clone.

The strongest stars have hearts of kyber, but the strongest warriors have hearts of beskar.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2021, 10:08 PM »
Honestly if I went the spear route I would replace the head with something soft, but point taken.

It just feels like an opportunity to play with the costume somewhat.

Finally picked a Mandalorian Name: Dush Nuhun

rlobrecht

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2021, 08:43 AM »
Gaffi stick would be a cool cane.

Kotep Dral | Arqet Clan | MMCC #2677 | The OT Guard #63 | B.O.M.B #96

Helmet build - SWJFH-A7R pepakura | Soft parts WIP | Armor WIP | Sniper upgrades

Arkham

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2021, 04:13 PM »
Lando used a cane in Rise of Skywalker so they are definitely canon.

I would suggest getting/making a cane that you can use, and then try to make is Swarzy. This way at the end of the day, you have cane that you can rely on and put your weight on, rather than something else that you are trying top make work as a cane.

When all is said and done, if you need to rely on a can to keep your balance, use the right tool for the job.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #6 on: Aug 30, 2021, 05:51 PM »
Leia was using a walking stick at the end, nice pale number with a shiny headknocker on top.

Tal Choruk

• I'll appear from the shadows...as an OM....
« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2021, 03:36 PM »
Why not make Enfyss Nests' staff or maybe the old (or New) Imperial guard staff from wood/sintra (FORCE PIKE)
or

« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2021, 10:45 AM by Tal Choruk » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!