Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Comments/Quesions on CRL's

• 148 Replies

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda and TDE#388
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017
Re: Comments/Quesions on CRL's
« Reply #135 on: Mar 25, 2019, 09:46 AM »
Looking at the CRL it says ab plate is required, was told it needs to be a hard ab plate like metal or bone unlike to chest plate which could be either. Is this accurate?

Can I have a hard leather chest and a hard leather ab?

Throw up a picture of what you are referencing to help us know.  "bone" sounds more like EC era.

Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 58
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100

Rook Beroya

• I adhere to the Resolínare
« Reply #136 on: Jun 25, 2019, 03:25 PM »
Hello!!

I very much wish to Build a version of the Charismatic Mandalorian armor from SWOTOR.  Iíve done a lot of research and posted my full concept in my Rookís WIP thread (Adapted Charismatic Mandalorian from SWOTOR) Thread.  I found a picture set that seems very similar in the Neo Crusader Reference Pix for Builds thread. As these pics do not seem to match the CRLS for Neo Crusaders (no Cowls), it makes me wonder if I am permitted to use these reference pictures to build just a Crusader era armor? If I can, the helmet seems to match all the CRLS from the normal Crusader - it is heavily based upon a picture, it has the T visor, it is not a modern helm. The body armor also seems to match Neo Crusader pictures better than anything else.

Here is a reference pic for my concept art:

Collages with pics from the Reference Pix Thread:

My WIP thread has a lot more detail, lol. I just didnít think you would want this thread cluttered up with a full repost. If Iím wrong and youíd like it all in here Iím happy to modify my post.

Thank you!
Rook

« Reply #137 on: Dec 04, 2019, 10:50 PM »
Newbie here, plan on building a Neo and currently have some parts and an idea of how I plan to build it etc but noticed that silver isn't listed in the colours in the costume requirements for them though I've seen mentions of silver being used by front line vets, curious if possibly it was just missed or if there's any way to have silver approved as I've really like to go with silver as the main armour colour for my Neo.

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #138 on: Dec 05, 2019, 07:57 AM »
I would suggest reaching out to the Application Team, as they may be willing to work with you. With that being said to date only one person as successfully completed a Neo-Crusader kit, so it is a rough road to go down. So no matter what I would highly suggest you get in contact with your local Ruus'alor Sol'yc as well as the Application Team. So you can get as much help as you can.

« Reply #139 on: Jan 10, 2020, 02:43 PM »
I am working on a late Crusader swtor mmo era build and the armor i want to go with fits in the guidelines. This is the Helm i want to use however. this shop on esty has the exact style but it is a cold cast.  https://www.etsy.com/listing/739104831/mandalorian-enforcer-helmet-swtor-raw?ref=user_profile&frs=1

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #140 on: Mar 31, 2020, 10:30 AM »
Hey! Im looking to start a new late crusader build I was wondering if a realitevly unmodified snow trooper chest-plate/pack combo would be allowed for a late crusader build. From what I remember it doesn't violate any of the crls (I'm not uptodate exactly but that's why I'm asking). As for in universe examples there are lots of variants of the snow trooper chest armor seen throughout most starwars eras, a couple appear in SWTOR and you see very similar looking chests come up in SWTOR era comics. If you hadn't guessed I have one lying around and would love to use it in a build! Thanks in advance!

MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2020, 08:56 AM »
I would say that you would need to modify it enough that it doesn't look like a Snow Trooper Chest, as well those are from a different era of time. With that being said with some work I don't see why you could make it into something workable for a Crusader Era kit.

Odran Krayt

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din (Family is more than blood)
« Reply #142 on: Jul 03, 2020, 10:56 PM »
Would this crest, if carved to look like spines mounted in metal, work for Late Crusader? I'm hoping to us it to cover the seam on the faceplate for opening the helmet to get my head inside.

B.O.M.B.  #85|L.O.B. #41|M.A. #180|MAJIC #184|B.o.B.B #028
New Death Watch Order #44|O.O.P.S! #44
ALUMINATI #053 | V.B.V #7
Odran Krayt WIP
Nexan Armories (Sales thread)
I've been doin' this since I was 10!
« Reply #143 on: Nov 12, 2020, 11:18 PM »
Hello!

Im new and ive read the CRL's and saw ni mention of a slit visor, i did see another post with someone asking about Revans mask style for a helmet but it was met with more of an unsure answer so i thought id seek a definitive answer myself. Would a modified slit visor thats been customized by color and an added rangefinder/antenna be acceptable for a Late crusader considering its origins?

-Valigrimm

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
« Reply #144 on: Nov 13, 2020, 06:58 AM »
@Odran Krayt

I don't see any issue with that crest for a Crusader helmet. But I would suggest reaching out to the App Team via their Q&A board just to be safe.

@ Valigrimm
So short answer No, for of two reasons:

1) Revan style masks aren't allowed in the Crusader era the only era that allows masks is Early Crusader.

2) The only visors that are allowed for the Crusader era are the following: "T, TT, or +" with that being said if you can find three images form a Legends sources that is Mandalorian you can submit that to the App Team and they can look at it and decide.

With the Revan style mask, yes he took it from a Mandalorian, but it pretty much has been decided that mask is a one off last time I hear anything about it and because the Revan style is iconic to Revan and not to Mandalorians it isn't really a usable design.

NOW with all that being said if you wanted to make a helmet that was inspired by that design you could, but it would need to be a full on helmet not a mask and it would need to have one of the visor shapes from the above list.

Also a minor note with Crusader era if you do want to use a rangefinder make sure it is different from the classic Fett style as those don't appear in that era as well.

The full CRLs for the Crusader Era are located here- http://mandalorianmercs.org/get-involved/costume-requirements/

Also in the War College there are image reference threads here- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=153455.0

The key to a successful Crusader build is finding a reference image and building from that as the era is so widespread in the look of Mandalorians that you really need some grounding point in the Legends material.

I hope this is helpful :)

« Reply #145 on: Jun 25, 2021, 01:32 PM »
Hey! I would like to know if certain pieces (backplate, color plate, chest armor) can be held together via a leather cord or sinew cord? I enclose a summary image of what I would like make.

For early armor ^^

« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2021, 01:37 PM by Manakala » Logged

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
« Reply #146 on: Jun 26, 2021, 10:29 AM »
Stitching is generally disallowed on kits as a way to "attach plates" but I would suggest reaching out to the App Team to confirm in this case.

« Reply #147 on: Jun 26, 2021, 12:42 PM »
  Naran

okay I take note. do you know the way so that i can contact them?

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
« Reply #148 on: Jun 28, 2021, 04:08 AM »
Yep, just use the Mandalorian Q&A board and submit a question via the form at the end of this post: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=202849.0

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!