Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My delima

• 3 Replies
My delima
« on: Dec 31, 2009, 12:45 PM »
I haven't quite decided which way to go as to choosing my helmet.  I would like to make one from scratch, but I'm not sure if I have the time.  I've seen the two piece Jango helmet, and was wondering if that would be acceptable.  I would modify the color scheme and the visor.  What do you think?

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: My delima
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2009, 12:48 PM »
As long as the two piece would fit your head and body frame in armor, they are great helmets. Definatly better than the 1 piece offerings from Rubies. The main question is will it fit your frame? They are most commonly used by women and children however, slighter framed men can use them as well.

The key with the 2 piece helmet is to fuse it into one piece and hide the seam on the exterior of the helmet. There are several WIP's and tutorial threads on how to do this. Once that's done, if you get a #5 dark green welding visor for about 5.00 from the store provided in the "LInks" area of he forums or from a local hardware store, you can trace the old visor onto it with a crayon, cut it our with scissors and glue it into the helmet.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2010, 04:35 PM »
As far as scratch building, I built mine in 4 hours last night. all i have left is to bondo the holes in the skate helmet, and put in the visor then paint it. Im also going to be adding an antenna, and a light pod to mine. So it shouldn't take you that long to do.

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2010, 07:57 PM »
I got the Jango 2pc for Christmas and can say for myself I need to do a lot of modding to make it fit correctly.  I'm a rather husky guy so it looks good with my frame, but I have to put in a bit of foam padding the front above the t-visor so it stays in place as well as on the sides.  I would suggest trying to find someone that has one and trying it on before you commit $30 to it.

Those who wander aren't always lost.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!