Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Boba Fett Armor Versions - Canon Vs Mando

• 6 Replies

Kabur Be'Ade

• Haat Ner vode Gar serim (Only Truth with Comrades)
Boba Fett Armor Versions - Canon Vs Mando
« on: Oct 14, 2021, 01:25 AM »

I have a question about boba fett armor versions. I see on the template section of the website that there are a few armor templates available that follow after boba fett. I presume these templates follow after the armor as shown in ANH and in ESB. Can someone confirm or deny this observation for me? Since my nostalgia for Star Wars stems from these movies, I am inclined to build my kit off of this version.

The templates are 2D flat files. Since I am skilled at working in 3D and with STLs; I am finding working with 3D files helps me understand sizing, how pieces fit together, and scaling pieces correcty to me.

But seeing there are no 3D files in the template section, I moved to supply depot. Once here, I found it difficult to identify sellers that had 3D Print files for sale, so I moved to search for 3D print files on the web.

In my search for 3D print files of boba fett armor on-line, specifically on ETSY website, there are 3D print files of boba fett armor but following after what was worn on the Disney Mandalorian TV series.

Question 1: Is there any difference between the two armors? Are gauntlets the same? Are jet packs the same? I think maybe the torso armor are. Perhaps the backplate is different to accomodate a different jet pack?

Questino 2: If there are differences, is the Mando version of Boba Fett armor approvable for OM with the MMCC? Is there one set of boba fett armor deemed more legit than the other? I guess the one shown on the Disney channel is the latest screen version.

« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2021, 01:35 AM by MandoServe247 » Logged

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
Re: Boba Fett Armor Versions - Canon Vs Mando
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2021, 02:14 AM »
The only real difference in Fett’s armor between the movies and the show is primarily his soft goods, not the plates, except for the codpiece, which he doesn’t have in the series. All of the other hard armor components are the ones he wore in the movies, though they do get a new paint job. His soft goods ( flight suit, vest, boots, belts, etc.) however, are completely different, both in color and cut.

Arkham

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2021, 10:38 AM »
Are you looking to build a canon Boba Fett, or a custom Mando?

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49

Kabur Be'Ade

« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2021, 12:22 PM »
The only real difference in Fett’s armor between the movies and the show is primarily his soft goods ...

Thanks a bunch Tramp Graphics! - your response really clears things up to me and extremely helpful  :)

Kabur Be'Ade

« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2021, 12:35 PM »
Are you looking to build a canon Boba Fett, or a custom Mando?

Hi Arkham. I'm building a custom Mando. The armor will be light leading to pre-approval and final OM application submission so no jet-pack, shin / thigh / boot plates. But in thinking ahead, I will definitely incorporate some of these heavier kit items as time progresses.

Given the freedom we have for custom Mando's - As I think this out - So long as we abide to the CRL, in my case, for the modern era, we have the freedom to have our gauntlets and whatever armor piece to look any which way we want - correct?

... just finished studying the CRL - incredible we can apply left or right gauntlets on different arms? Now that's custimization freedom!!

« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2021, 01:08 PM by MandoServe247 » Logged

Arkham

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2021, 04:13 PM »
Given the freedom we have for custom Mando's - As I think this out - So long as we abide to the CRL, in my case, for the modern era, we have the freedom to have our gauntlets and whatever armor piece to look any which way we want - correct?

Absolutely!

As long as your kits meet the minimum CRL requirements, the sky is the limit.

If you're going for custom, then any of the Fett templates will work for you. Or build your own template! Or for modern, you can also look at Legacy or Galaxies armor types. Or mix and match (within reason). As long as you meet the CRL requirements and have the proper spacing, you should be good to go!

Want plain gauntlets?   Go for it!
Heavily weaponed gauntlets?   Have at it!
One of each?   Why not!

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49

Kabur Be'Ade

« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2021, 01:32 PM »
... Or build your own template! Want plain gauntlets? Go for it! Heavily weaponed gauntlets? Have at it! One of each? Why not! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Man Arkham - you've been a point of inspiration. I was working within the confines of what's been done in the past, thinking I have to stick with official canon details but now, my mind is wide open. So wide, In contemplating exactly the kind of mando I will be. How I will serve fellow comrades in the battlefield - my vision for my mando kit is unpacking and damn! it's exciting!! It's exciting thinking about how your gear will further your vision and purpose - thinking what's going to be in my pouches, what's going to be part of my backpack, what kind of weapons, what kind of equipment to further my purpose in the battle field - crazy!! I will doodle design after design and put together a build plan. I will say, I will not stray from my goal of submitting OM application for a light armored, modern era mando. You've helped me flush out my future plans and how to tailor the present plans - thanks a bunch Arkham!!!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!