Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Concepts for Modern Armour 2021

• 5 Replies

Moxin

• "This is the way."
Concepts for Modern Armour 2021
« on: Nov 13, 2021, 02:05 PM »
Hey, I'm working on making Modern armour that is Boba/Jango fett styled in a way, and so far I've come up with some designs, and an Eva Foam Prototype for what I want it to be like, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I know Eva foam is not an approvable building material, which is why I'm keeping it as a design reference, but I will not be using it for my kit, however I still really adore my foam helmet, as it's one of my first things I've made. What do you guys think? I was planning on using the 5 gallon bucket method after it was suggested to me previously. 

https://imgur.com/a/40o5A4X

-Moxin
Re: Concepts for Modern Armour 2021
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2021, 08:12 PM »
love the design  :like:
are you planning on keeping it to almost all white for the armor or will it have green design elements as well?

"the most important step of a journey is the first"

"I know that my blaster loaded, and my knife is sharp, everything  after that is a toss of the die"

Moxin

• "This is the way."
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2021, 11:38 AM »
thankyou, I was planning on keeping the armour mostly white, but I think I might consider adding more green details. 

-Moxin
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2021, 09:53 PM »
nice  :like:

"the most important step of a journey is the first"

"I know that my blaster loaded, and my knife is sharp, everything  after that is a toss of the die"

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2021, 07:58 PM »
I like the concept.  Nice colors, I personally would like to see a few more green stripes on some of the other pieces or maybe some green triangles?  It looks good the way it is too!

Have you seen The Bearded Mando's tutorials on bucket making?  Good stuff if your looking to do a scratch build bucket.  Mine is also scratch built and I love it.  You're welcome to poke around in my helmet thread so you can avoid some of the mistakes I made.

Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened. -Dr. Seuss

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet
WIP Weapons Post Imperial Build
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2021, 06:34 PM »
This is a bold and striking color scheme with strong potential, and I like it.  I second the vote for a bit more color - maybe a green stripe, it seems to be in vogue but your color choice would make it stand out in a good way.
I think that green for the gauntlets applied to the mostly-white kit would also be a good direction.
Full respect for planning a scratch-build helmet, I frankly lack the patience for such an endeavor.

Careful with dark flak and flightsuit builds, weathering is a pain to get right, as I'm finding on my own vest...plus a bit more contrast between layers will help it read better. Not a whole different color, just a slightly bigger step in the shades of black/deep gray that you've laid out.
Strong design work, looking forward to your WIP.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!