Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Work in progress

• 2 Replies
Work in progress
« on: Nov 14, 2021, 10:22 PM »
Please tell me how it is and what I need to do to it, the last picture is where I'm at with it now.

Re: Work in progress
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2021, 04:49 AM »
I see what youve done and its not bad, bit still looks *VERY* nerfy to me. Even with the barrel extension the yellow plates on the muzzle (now painted) are a very distinct giveaway, the area forward of the carry handle is the biggest nerf part. You might consider trying something like a water cooled machine gun barrel or something ww2-like to go there instead, you could knock it out without much trouble from pvc pipe and parts. The main box of the blaster is still pretty nerf like but im not really sure what else you might be able to do to combat that, unless you used some more greeblies and built onto it. Magazines, power cells, etc to break up that silhouette. This can also give you some more dimensional details as while the structure of many nerf blasters is interesting, at the end of the day its all one piece of plastic so having things with overhangs like bolts or conduits that can catch some paint when detailing can really help disguise the original nerf vulcan.

Thats just my two cents though. Im not official at all Ive just got a fondness for chopping up random thrift store toys and making props from them.

I hit hot metal with heavy metal to make sharp metal.
Re: Work in progress
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2021, 12:26 PM »
 :like: follow

spesso sei come una foglia in balia degli elementi, ti muovi seguendo il vento ma non sai mai che succede, e perché succede, segui solo il vento.

The child who plays grows, the adult who stops playing ages (E. Montale)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!