Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mesh'la Armor*Update*1/14/10

• 17 Replies
Mesh'la Armor*Update*1/14/10
« on: Jan 12, 2010, 05:30 PM »
Hey, this is my first time doing a mandalorian armor. I'm excited and cant wait for the outcome of my armor.  I have decided to use the plastic bin method for my armor. Doing the front part of my armor was hard, but I'm happy how it came out. I just need to trim it and cover the cracks in between with epoxy or possibly bondo. Ill be posting the rest of my armor soon. ^_^

i would love to hear your comments or thoughts about the armor. Thanks

Up close of my armor

Brand new Gut plate and shin plate. Tell me your thought about it.

Shin Plate

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2010, 01:20 PM by Mesh'la Ka'rta » Logged

Tal Falco

• The jack of all trades Merc.
Re: Mesh'la Armor
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2010, 05:35 PM »
Welcome hun and good start!. =D

Aliit ori'shya tal'din - "Family is more than bloodline."

Sinclair Reau

• Big Damn Heroes, sir
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:45 PM »
I like your chest plate pattern. Its different, in a great way!   ;D

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:52 PM »
First and foremost I Love your beginning design. =) Its so difficult to do female armor and its even more fun to see the different designs everyone comes up with. I do think your collar piece is a bit too wide. You look petite and you don't want your armor enveloping you when you get it all put together.  I love the design on your chest pieces. I don't know what you have in mind for a chest diamond but I just did a quick sketch over your pic with paint. ( I dont have a steady hand with a mouse so bear with me) The shapes I drew aren't proper but just giving a basic design idea. I hope you like it. =)

and like A'denla said, Welcome! =)

I don't wanna change the world... I just want to leave it Colder.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:57 PM »
First and foremost I Love your beginning design. =) Its so difficult to do female armor and its even more fun to see the different designs everyone comes up with. I do think your collar piece is a bit too wide. You look petite and you don't want your armor enveloping you when you get it all put together.  I love the design on your chest pieces. I don't know what you have in mind for a chest diamond but I just did a quick sketch over your pic with paint. ( I dont have a steady hand with a mouse so bear with me) The shapes I drew aren't proper but just giving a basic design idea. I hope you like it. =)

and like A'denla said, Welcome! =)

i was planning to put that type of design like that for the chest diamond. Thank you for you ideas, its very helpful. Even for the collar piece.  ^_^

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2010, 07:06 PM »
Awesome! =)

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2010, 07:42 PM »
I would also look at shortening up your stomach plate.  You have a small frame, so you really don't need anything that big around you.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2010, 07:46 PM »
I might offer a word of caution with that plate shape. Remember you'll want to bend over most likely, or move around comfortably. With that shape, you could end up puncturing a lung. :D

Shak-ti 4 Him

• Dessert is NOT a treat... It's a necesscity!!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2010, 07:47 PM »
ooo.. i like it!
(and welcome to the mercs!)
i think you have a great start! Do you have any design for your armor drawn up yet? cause if you do, i would love to see it!

"The difference between people who do things and people who DO things is that the people who DO things do things..."

Try and figure that one out...

Atin Verd

• Veteran Ranger Recon
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2010, 08:02 PM »
I like the idea and with the information from around the boards I see this coming out real great welcome aboard

I'm not fluent in the language of violence but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken
Where life had no value, death, sometimes, had its price.
That is why the bouny killers appeared.
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2010, 08:09 PM »
I might offer a word of caution with that plate shape. Remember you'll want to bend over most likely, or move around comfortably. With that shape, you could end up puncturing a lung. :D

Coming from a females point of view I don't think its likely she'll puncture a lung lol. Having a very unique shape to my chest plates as well it's easy to say that this design will work. If the pieces are formed properly and spaced correctly then it shouldn't be any problem. =)

« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2010, 08:28 PM »
Thanks everyone. Ill keep in mind not to hurt my lungs with the armor. I'm still thinking of the designs for the armor. ^_^

Solus Kyr

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2010, 01:38 PM »
Nice! Great start keep up the good work!

Len'ya Sarsk

• Big Damn Hero
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2010, 03:44 PM »
I'm liking this so far. I, too, like the shape of your chest plates. I will echo what a few others have said, and suggest that you trim down your collar plate considerably, and make the stomach plate a bit smaller.

As far as that goes, I don't really think that you'll have a problem of this sort with your design. My chest plates, as well as stomach plate, have a very sharp, angular design to them as well, and I haven't run across that problem yet.

Looking forward to seeing more done on this!

« Reply #14 on: Jan 14, 2010, 11:37 AM »
I made a new update on the first post. Added new pics on a new change of the gut plate. Tell what you think about it. I have even add the shin plate.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #15 on: Jan 14, 2010, 11:40 AM »
that looks better, and i like your shin design, good start. ;)

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #16 on: Jan 14, 2010, 12:08 PM »
Gut plate does look more fitting for you.  Doing great work, keep it up!

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*
Re: Mesh'la Armor*Update*1/14/10
« Reply #17 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:21 PM »
That new gut plate looks good.  You might want to trim it up a bit, it still seems a little long.  Boba's armor was designed along an older bodyline, and the belly plate sits right around the belly button.  At the very least, you'll give yourself a bit more flexability.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!