Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mercs Invade Snowcon 2010 (ME)

• 5 Replies

Arden Fisk

• I R MANDO IRL
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Sistine Chest Plate - Official Member with most intricate paint job Open Seasons Death Watch Brigade MEmber Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Mercs Invade Snowcon 2010 (ME)
« on: Jan 18, 2010, 09:36 AM »

January 16th, 2010 - Orono, Maine

The Mandalorian Mercs Wampa Squad and members of the newly formed Firaxan Squad were on hand to patrol the halls of SnowCon 2010, and help SnowCon celebrate it's second year of table top gaming madness!

This marked the largest gathering of Mandalorians north of New York State. Firaxan Squad members arrived all the way from Rhode Island to join up with Maine's Wampa Squad, and spend the day intimidating all who happened by. SnowCon caters to table top gamers, including players of Dungeons and Dragons, Warhammer 40K, and other card and miniature strategy games. This marks the second time Snowcon has been held, the first one being held last year in 2009, which was also attended by the Wampa Squad.

The occasion also marked the forging of a new alliance for Wampa Squad, who had the chance to open relations with the local Star Trek fan group, the USS Don Aucoin. The Mercs had a great time securing the area with their crew members, and were even extended membership in their fan group, which not only caters to Trek, but other sci/fantasy genre's as well. Wampa Squad looks forward to sharing events with the USS Don Aucoin in the future.

Discussion and more pictures from the event can be found HERE

« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2010, 09:42 AM by Taglar Dreskk » Logged
-Abby Lusk (MMCC Official Member #81)
Quartermaster for the MMCC 2009-May 2013

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Mercs Invade Snowcon 2010 (ME)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2010, 09:44 AM »
Nice way to start up some new relations!

Udesla Kyramud

• "Eloquence belongs to the Conqueror"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2010, 10:26 AM »
Awesome, I'm a major "Trekkie"  and that's way cool!  ;D

Solus Kyr

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2010, 10:40 AM »
Great job guys!

Aramys Strael

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2010, 10:51 AM »
Well done! One of my clan mates is a big-time Trekkie. I think he is working on some sort of Trek fanfilm???

I know there is a local Trek fanbase around here. Might not be a bad idea to extend the olive branch out to them, as well.

Bill Kohlleppel
250th Mandalorian Merc Member
MAJIC operative #009
MAAM #001
ORB ORS009
Ewok Relocation Agent #002
HORSEMAN: PESTILENCE
Kote at ner aliit, kote at an ner vode!

Riv Serulius

• Yub Yub
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:24 PM »
That's a pretty sweet boomstick you got there, Tal.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!