Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

"Help a Verd'ika Fund" gets it's own bank account!

• 22 Replies

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
"Help a Verd'ika Fund" gets it's own bank account!
« on: Jan 23, 2010, 09:46 AM »

"Help a Verd'ika Fund" which started in 2007 has helped children and families across the United States.  Last year the fund raised $1300 to go towards helping underprivileged and sick children receive a present filled Christmas they may not have received otherwise.  By administering it's own charity funds, Mandalorian Mercs ensures that 100% of all charity money goes directly to those that need it.  

With the charity fund growing to such a large proportion, it has become necessary to separate those funds from the operating funds of Mandalorian Mercs (which is donated by it's membership and supporters).  Also, starting in 2010 the Mandalorian Mercs will be taking the "Help a Verd'ika Fund" international!  That means Clans and Squads stationed around the world will be able to apply for fund sponsorship.

We can never forget that children are the world's most valuable resource.  Our job is not to change lives, but inspire children to work at overcoming their adversities and giving back to their communities.

« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2010, 10:57 AM by Taglar Dreskk » Logged
I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Kyramud Cabur

• We are born to die. We live to be remembered.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: "Help a Verd'ika Fund" gets it's own bank account!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2010, 10:06 AM »
This is awesome, Mand'alor!!!!!
Ori'kandosii!!!!
I don't know any other group who makes it this way!

OYAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Kyramud Cabur

Saberan Vhette

• No Retreat! No Surrender!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2010, 10:13 AM »
Mand'alor,

If you could, would you pm me details on making a donation to the Verd'ika Fund. Thanks! This new announcment is great news!!!!!

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2010, 11:00 AM »
Mand'alor,

If you could, would you pm me details on making a donation to the Verd'ika Fund. Thanks! This new announcment is great news!!!!!

Donations will be opening up soon (in a week or so) and will be accessible from the menu on the left side of the main page.

Jagen Ordo

• Chirp-chirp-chirp...KABLOEY!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2010, 12:14 PM »
This is great. I can only imagine the glowing eyes of the children...

We can never forget that children are the world's most valuable resource.
I totally agree. Hope this year's Verd'ika Fund becomes even bigger than last year's.

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2010, 01:50 PM »
This is great news, boss! ;D

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2010, 02:21 PM »
If every clan went out and ran at least 1 Bounty Hunt (Jail and Bail) a year, then the fund would be over flowing.  ;D

Jagen Ordo

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2010, 03:12 PM »
Well, I can run this past my guys. We're not a clan yet, but we're more than enough people and have an event in June.

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2010, 03:34 PM »
If every clan went out and ran at least 1 Bounty Hunt (Jail and Bail) a year, then the fund would be over flowing.  ;D

Call me clueless, but what exactly is a Jail and Bail Bounty Hunt?  Is there a thread that lists the different "events" we do?

Totally awesome stuff about the Verd'ika Fun!  Good words Mand'alor.   :)

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2010, 03:41 PM »
Where did the funds end up going to last year? I don't remember seeing an annoucement. I know it was divided up to two clans, but I don't remember seeing a post or any pics from the families that it went to like the years before last.

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2010, 03:51 PM »
Because we did something new and split it up this year it's caused a bit of delay in some things.   Falco clan has the other half and should actually be doing their event this weekend.  Naast clan received one half and a news article was posted talking about it.

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2010, 03:53 PM »
Because we did something new and split it up this year it's caused a bit of delay in some things.   Falco clan has the other half and should actually be doing their event this weekend.  Naast clan received one half and a news article was posted talking about it.

Oh cool. Can't wait to see it. :D

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Jan 23, 2010, 04:41 PM »
Call me clueless, but what exactly is a Jail and Bail Bounty Hunt?  Is there a thread that lists the different "events" we do?

Totally awesome stuff about the Verd'ika Fun!  Good words Mand'alor.   :)

From what I understand, it's like a ransom. Whatever event you are doing, like a convention with a booth, or a comic book store, or even a movie theater or store, you get a lot of PR about it first. Then you "kidnap" one of the important people, like the store manager, and then try to get the patrons to "bail them out" by donating or pledging to donate. It's all legit and for fun. Usually, from what I hear, those who get kidnapped have the most fun begging people for donations.

I'd love to do this if the BVC had a jail set up.

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2010, 05:54 PM »
The Bounty Hunt game goes like this:  People pay to set up bounty contracts on their friends or family.  A bounty hunting team is dispatched to find the bounty, cuff them then bring them back to the jail cell.  The bounty can either pay of their bounty (which is 1/2 of what was paid to jail them) or serve out their time which is determined by the amount put down on the contract ($1 per min).

« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2010, 11:14 AM »
The help a Verd'ika fund going international is awesome!   Thefund is already at 61% of goal and the year isn't even through its first month. 

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2010, 11:17 AM »
What is on the front page isn't the fund, that is donations to the Mercs operating costs.  We haven't started the Verd'ika fund raising yet.  ;D

« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2010, 11:22 AM »
opps. well. now I'm embarassed.:-P

Corell Evaar'la

• "Then I guess I'll see you in hell"
« Reply #17 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:03 AM »
question for you, i know i am not an official member yet (80% complete with armor pending gaunts and need to finish sewing vest) but would it be ok but would it be ok if i requested donations for this fund within my company? The thing about Bucyrus is everything its employees donate the company will match so i was thinking it would be pretty neat to do something like that. Also what i would intend to do similar to some of our other charities is make the mando teddy bear from your picture (using soft armor) as a give away or something...i mean what do you think is that ok or does that cross a lline or something?

pinocchio

• The Biscalor
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #18 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:23 AM »
I am so glad to see this happening

COMPLAINING DOES NOT GIVE YOU POWER, BUT CREATING WILL.

Jagen Ordo

« Reply #19 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:37 AM »
The Mando Teddy Bear.
If Novall's okay with it, I'd really like to see it done.

Corell Evaar'la

• "Then I guess I'll see you in hell"
« Reply #20 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:55 AM »
with valentines day coming up i could grab a couple teddy bear templates with hearts on their paws and i found a material at the hobby shop the other day that i am currently using to create more width on my tin armor that would work great on a teddy bear...plus it would give me something to do with my wife's niece and little sister. I would really like to give it a go and any progress i would make i would request approval and even send to Novall for review...

Jagen Ordo

« Reply #21 on: Jan 25, 2010, 11:53 AM »
Send him a teddy.
Our newest official member, Teddy Ordo. Or Fett. Or whatever.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
« Reply #22 on: Jan 25, 2010, 02:56 PM »
Any person or entity can donate to the Verd'ika Fund.  The more we bring in, the more we can spread around.  ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!