Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Backpack first version WIP

• 27 Replies
Backpack first version WIP
« on: Feb 07, 2010, 02:54 PM »
I decided to drop out my Jetpack and star to use an backpack, i came up with this and  still adding gadgets to it, any advices are welcome.

Ori Cabur

• Old Guard
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions Award for 75 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Backpack first version WIP
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2010, 03:00 PM »
Kandosii ner vod! this very nice

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2010, 03:13 PM »
That looks awesome. Great job!!

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2010, 04:42 PM »
T¨hanks Vod'e ;D

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2010, 07:16 PM »
Very nice!!

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Bandolier

• Pew pew!
  • "Have fun storming the caslte!"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2010, 12:22 AM »
I like it. maybe add some more greeblies. no offense, but it looks a little bit like a toy, a cool toy, but still a toy. its not the shape or what you have done with it, I think its just the color, or to be more precise, the lack of other colors. I understand an RC's backpack is all white, but it doesn't really come across as a toy. maybe have some raw metal plates showing or something. its just an idea.  I really like the electronic screen what is it from?

"I'm Bando the Mando"

~Armor~

~Back-story~
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2010, 07:15 AM »
I like it. maybe add some more greeblies. no offense, but it looks a little bit like a toy, a cool toy, but still a toy. its not the shape or what you have done with it, I think its just the color, or to be more precise, the lack of other colors. I understand an RC's backpack is all white, but it doesn't really come across as a toy. maybe have some raw metal plates showing or something. its just an idea.  I really like the electronic screen what is it from?

Yup, thats what i think to, thanks for the tips, i will put some details like u saied.
The screen is an assembly of an make up case, an nylon piece to difuse the lith, six led's, and the panel is a part of my magnetic ressonance showing i have problems with my back  ;D.
I will disassemble the panel for the ajustments and post some pics.

Cpt. Rhiis Mok'tau

• "Wann es nicht gefaellt - Mach neu"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2010, 09:49 PM »
Wow!
What did you use as a base? Or is it scratch built?

"Well, I'm really a mercenary by trade. You could just call pirating a hobby of mine." -Rhiis
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2010, 05:33 PM »
Wow!
What did you use as a base? Or is it scratch built?

Scratch build, ivd folowed the commando backpack for start

Jangojedi

• aka Kyr'Werda
« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2010, 12:08 AM »
I like it, extra greebs never hurt, but does look really good.  Looking forward to seeing the final touches.

501ST.70thEXPLORERS.MERCS.Firespray.Rebel Legion

Aniron

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 12:03 PM »
hey ben!
i saw your backpack on a photo and found this thread... i really like it, o you have any wip pictures to share with em/us? ;)
thanks!

Cpt. Rhiis Mok'tau

• "Wann es nicht gefaellt - Mach neu"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 11:37 AM »
Scratch build, ivd folowed the commando backpack for start
I've tried looking around, where do you find the commando backpack templates?
No luck so far.

"Well, I'm really a mercenary by trade. You could just call pirating a hobby of mine." -Rhiis

Riya Morut

• Ree-yuh, not rye-uh. MAJIC 019
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 05:45 PM »
WHOA.  That's looking nice!  Where did you get the templates for that?  I've been struggling trying to make a med pack, because I can't find a glue that will let things stick to the base (a plastic kitty litter container).  If I could make one from scratch it would be awesome.

Normal people never do anything of note, nothing magnificent or world-changing or on the knife-edge of risk. ~IC: 501st

Only a Mando would create a musical instrument that doubled as a weapon. ~IC: 501ST

Fanfic found here:http://mercs.

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 07:04 PM »
Vod that is sick, how did you make it?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 08:54 PM »
hey ben!
i saw your backpack on a photo and found this thread... i really like it, o you have any wip pictures to share with em/us? ;)
thanks!

Sorry, i have this problem u know, Never took pics of the progress, my mistake :(

Ived, drawed the idea and cut cardboard sheets to make the form, but still have to do it something about the cardborad aspect in some parts.

« Reply #15 on: Mar 20, 2011, 07:47 PM »
where did you get that led screen thats in your pack? Pack looks awesome by the way great work  ;D

« Reply #16 on: Mar 23, 2011, 05:43 PM »
Pack looks awesome.  I agree with the others on adding more greeblies.

Scooter X
Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya.- "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."
« Reply #17 on: Mar 23, 2011, 07:31 PM »
I have a suggestion, maybe add a small keyboard from a blackberry (non funtioning) as a greebly and use it for some kind of security lock on the pack,  have a few remote circuit boards here and there areound,  and I'd start weathering the pack, looks too shiney...lol ;D   but that's what I'd do.  Love the disply, shape and color.

if and when I can ever start building my armor and acccessories I'll be using a few circuit boards to add as greeblies to either by back pack or jetpack, it would make it alot less toy looking.

maybe a circuit board from an old pc modem, or ethernet card, can probably find them all over the place.

« Reply #18 on: Mar 24, 2011, 11:56 AM »
Well, sorry for the "abandoned thread", but ivd put a lot of new greblies on the pack and will  put pics very soon.
And a scheme for the display to.

Dralkote

• Tuo Silens Mors
« Reply #19 on: Apr 18, 2011, 03:53 PM »
Wow, this looks pretty cool, I really like the info pad. ^_^

« Reply #20 on: Jul 26, 2011, 09:39 PM »
Ok after a long winter, ivd made the alterations in my backpack, here somo pics

« Reply #21 on: Jul 26, 2011, 10:26 PM »
And now i will put the led pannel scheme

If you assy the 3v led's in paralel ( negative with negative/positive with positive) you dont need to put any resistor if you use an energy supply with the same voltage (3v), that can be made using two common bateries (1,5v each) in line assy, see the diagram below:

And the sheme ivd used for the com pannel is this:

The nylon sheet is for disperse the light of the led's and give an distributed ilumination

And the final result is this:

Hope you guys enjoy!

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: Jul 26, 2011, 10:34 PM »
Looks great! I don't think you can be accused of it looking like a "toy" anymore.

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
« Reply #23 on: Jul 26, 2011, 11:56 PM »
Fantastic pack!! Star Wars to the T! Congrats

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #24 on: Jul 27, 2011, 09:21 AM »
looks good  ;)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!