Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

wheelchair jet pack

• 36 Replies

Anjo Makee

• The Old Man(do)--Anjo Makee
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
wheelchair jet pack
« on: Feb 13, 2010, 02:24 AM »
This is me first attempt at a jet pack, it is going to hook on to the back of me chair.
I started with 2 plastic paint trys

next came lots of bondo and filler work

next came all the add ons

The next batch of pics will be of paint and weathering and with it attached to chair

Re: wheelchair jet pack
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2010, 02:27 AM »
Looks awesome man!!! Can't wait for our next shop day to get this painted... Did you manage to keep the lights running on it? I also have some last minute ideas, if you're game, for it. :D

Hopefully my armor and bucket will be in soon. I think once we get this done we're ready to suit you up and send an app in to see how you did!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

jabger

• my flag!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2010, 02:27 AM »
this looks awsome vod! really clever idea with your base item.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2010, 06:04 PM »
Brilliant! Looks kandosii!

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2010, 06:23 PM »
Very nice!

« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2010, 06:28 PM »
Hopefully tomorrow or so should see us start painting this bad boy! Just gotta figure out how to work with extreme cold and snow!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Anjo Makee

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2010, 07:33 AM »
Thanks for all the positive feedback.  I hope to start the paint job soon, just waiting for some good weather so I can start it.  I will post more pics as soon as I can of the paint and with it attached to my chair.  And with any luck finish my armor and get approved.

« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2010, 08:57 AM »
Thanks for all the positive feedback.  I hope to start the paint job soon, just waiting for some good weather so I can start it.  I will post more pics as soon as I can of the paint and with it attached to my chair.  And with any luck finish my armor and get approved.

I've got some advice from friends on here on how to combat the weather. I'll explain it to you later today when I call. Involves a box, a fan, a plastic bag and some duck tape. And likely some sort of bribe to your wife so she doesn't kill me. XD

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2010, 09:57 AM »
every time i see these inovative ideas, i say "stang!, why didnt i think of that?!" nice nervod :D

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Arketh

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2010, 10:01 AM »
Really good looking jetpack. You've got a good eye for transforming items, never would have thought of a paint tray myself.

"You know, that's not a good idea. Let me get my camera."

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2010, 01:02 PM »
Very cool!  Does your chair have spokes in the wheels?  Have you thought about making it look "futuristic" by adding some "wheel covers"...sort of like hubcaps? :D

Can't wait to see how all this turns out.

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2010, 01:14 PM »
This is a really cool build! I can't wait to see it painted.

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond
« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2010, 02:13 PM »
He does have wheelchair covers, and some rather awesome ones, but i'll let him post pics of them. :D

Just gotta find a way for us to work in the cold, gonna try a method someone else suggested here.

Anjo Makee

« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2010, 02:52 PM »
I do have wheel covers, they come solid black, I had them painted by my tattoo artist, the myto skull in red outlined in silver, looks very cool

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2010, 05:20 PM »
 :o :o Never thought of using paint trays, very good idea Triker!  Really looking forward to seeing this completed  ;D

Those who wander aren't always lost.

Anjo Makee

« Reply #15 on: Mar 26, 2010, 05:48 PM »
ok, up date on jet pack, getting ready to do last coat of paint, should have some pics posted of the final real soon, would have been done sooner, but some one stole it the last time I had it sitting out drying the paint, but got it back and finishing work.

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
« Reply #16 on: Mar 26, 2010, 06:26 PM »
ok, up date on jet pack, getting ready to do last coat of paint, should have some pics posted of the final real soon, would have been done sooner, but some one stole it the last time I had it sitting out drying the paint, but got it back and finishing work.

OMG thats horrible!!!  :o  See this is why we should have Mando Neighborhood Watch programs in every town.  Glad you got it back mate and looking forward to seeing it when its ready  ;D 

Those who wander aren't always lost.
« Reply #17 on: Mar 26, 2010, 10:51 PM »
Well, it is a damned fine and sexy jet-pack, so I can see why they would!

Anjo Makee

« Reply #18 on: Mar 27, 2010, 07:35 PM »
well, painting is done, but now have a few final touches to add, but due to dislocated finger this may take a couple of days, wife finally let me off the sofa long enough to write this, so I should up and running (so to speak) in a few days.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #19 on: Mar 27, 2010, 07:42 PM »
Get well soon triker , i dislocated two fingers last year , i was in a swimming pool and threw my youngest (james 9) up in the air and CRACK they went , i know your pain  :'( , thats what i deserved for trying to throw him in the first place lol , take care bud .

« Reply #20 on: Mar 27, 2010, 08:10 PM »
You sir, need to REST and RELAX so you can work and heal.... I will come and make you if need be... Or just sick Laura on you XD

krohn

« Reply #21 on: Mar 28, 2010, 02:57 PM »
Wow, verry good idea! Result looks awesome!!!!

Riya Morut

• Ree-yuh, not rye-uh. MAJIC 019
« Reply #22 on: Mar 29, 2010, 01:56 AM »
Kandosii!  I never would have thought of paint trays.  I can't wait to see your pics!

Normal people never do anything of note, nothing magnificent or world-changing or on the knife-edge of risk. ~IC: 501st

Only a Mando would create a musical instrument that doubled as a weapon. ~IC: 501ST

Fanfic found here:http://mercs.

Saberan Vhette

• No Retreat! No Surrender!
« Reply #23 on: Mar 29, 2010, 11:17 PM »
There it is again! People here come up with the coolest stuff! That is the best Jet pack idea I've ever seen!

Sinclair Reau

• Big Damn Heroes, sir
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #24 on: Apr 24, 2010, 07:41 PM »
Awesome job!  ;D

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!