Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sixgunz Mobile Command Jetpack

• 17 Replies

Sixgunz

• If it aint broken, break it
Sixgunz Mobile Command Jetpack
« on: Feb 15, 2010, 12:21 PM »
heylooo, Sixgunz here to intro u guys my Mobile Command Jetpack for communications & defense. tis is totaly a budget project, well..... sort off anyway. as u can see the base is made entirely out of paper. and it aint finish yet, more things to add, lights to put in, mechanisms to add on and then onli paint.

if your wondering if paper can actualy hold all those? yes they can, n the base is pretty darn hard and extremely light weight. below is the image of wat i have done so far.

the image below will show u the other big stuff thats missing illustrated in red. a tactical missile with the power of a small nuke (use onli as a last resort) and a mounted automated gatling gun (like PREDATORS shoulder canon) that turn left and right and the gatling will spin when i push a button on my gauntlet (NO KIDDING)...

will update u guys more later...

Arden T'vor

• The Sound of Drums
Re: Sixgunz Mobile Command Jetpack
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2010, 01:47 PM »
Sweetness!
I like the Predator-style gat. was thinking about adding one to mine when the time came but I think it would clash.  I totally didn't realize that was made of paper until you wrote about it.  I also like the possible zero-G applications with the multiple jet nozzles, don't know if you were thinking that but just putting it out there.

"The drums, the drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat.  Open me you human fool, open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!" - The Master's Essence, held within a timepiece

Sixgunz

« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2010, 02:57 PM »
for the extra nozzles, the ones on the sides are for upper trust, the ones at the back are forward trust. they are basically jump jets and not so much of flying. and also good for extra speed when charging for an attack.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2010, 08:56 PM »
Now that is pretty darn sweet!  I like how you put multiple nozzles on it.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Revan Ordo

• "The jedis are going to feel this one."
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2010, 08:27 AM »
Sixgunz,

Nice jetpack vod. What did you use for the nozzles?

Sixgunz

« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2010, 09:54 AM »
amazing nozzles arent they? hehe, i found them at my local Ace Hardware store. they are actually light bulb sockets or "BATTEN HOLDER" according to my receipt. and they look great as nozzles

« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2010, 09:57 AM by Sixgunz » Logged

Revan Ordo

• "The jedis are going to feel this one."
« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2010, 10:12 AM »
Sixgunz,

Yeah, they are definitely interesting. They wouldn't make bad blaster emiiters for a 'hand-cannon' type blaster either with some modifications. They do look great on your jetpack. Keep up the good work vod.

redkraytdragon

• Disintigrations are likely...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2010, 03:01 PM »
Nice dude! I like that.... can't wait to see this one finished up. I think the thrusters are a nice touch too

Sixgunz

« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2010, 09:54 AM »
heres an update of wats new so far, ive changed the design of my original rocket. they look great so i use them instead. and attach an antenna for communications. if u notice theres a handphone on the main console? fear not, its just an empty casing for N70 nokia phone. wats nex is finishing up my auto gun and im ready for painting and detailing. but theres still the issue of strapping it unto my back, but will worry bout that later.

Jangojedi

• aka Kyr'Werda
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2010, 02:17 PM »
Excellent build!

501ST.70thEXPLORERS.MERCS.Firespray.Rebel Legion

Sixgunz

« Reply #10 on: Feb 25, 2010, 04:51 AM »
the final building stage of my jetpack is nearing completion. i present to u my auto defense gatling gun which is to be mounted on my pack. its different then i originally planned. had to shorten it dramatically cos my helmet would be blocking its movement. its also the heaviest part of the pack so i build the shell out of soft foam. tis kind of foam wont melt when sparay upon so no worries there.

just FYI on the parts, the rotating mechanism i use a dummy cam which pans left n right. it has motion sensor. the rotating barrel runs on a normal motor of a mini remote control car. thats wat that black thing on the top is. the remote will be attach to my gauntlet later and its onli the size of a matchbox.

Jaing Vau

• "Verd ori'shya beskar'gam"
« Reply #11 on: Feb 25, 2010, 06:08 PM »
Nice turret Sixgunz! does it shoot explosive rounds?! ;D

Sixgunz

« Reply #12 on: Feb 25, 2010, 09:03 PM »
it recycles the air around it, freezes it n shoot concussive rounds

Jangojedi

• aka Kyr'Werda
« Reply #13 on: Feb 26, 2010, 12:49 AM »
Nowthat is cool, you need to get someone to put it out there on  you tube, GUN IN ACTION.  Nice concept.

501ST.70thEXPLORERS.MERCS.Firespray.Rebel Legion

Sixgunz

« Reply #14 on: Feb 26, 2010, 01:20 AM »
when ive completed it, will take it for spin, hehe. will post up the video link here.

Jaing Vau

« Reply #15 on: Feb 26, 2010, 05:57 AM »
sounds good. I am waiting for that.

Sixgunz

« Reply #16 on: Feb 26, 2010, 10:24 AM »
im back by popular demand, hehe. heres a quick preview pic of how the automated gatling will look like on my jet pack. pack aint finish, little details like electronics, knobs, lcd screens and paint have yet to be placed.

Jaing Vau

« Reply #17 on: Feb 26, 2010, 10:31 AM »
Cool a shoulder mounted cannon! great idea ner vod!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!