Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Riya's Kitty Litter Medic Pack (Pic Intensive)

• 4 Replies

Riya Morut

• Ree-yuh, not rye-uh. MAJIC 019
Riya's Kitty Litter Medic Pack (Pic Intensive)
« on: Feb 10, 2010, 12:21 AM »
I've been at a loss for things to make a pack out of, but fortunately Monco came to the rescue a few days ago.  Since I am allergic to cats I never saw the potential pack power of a container of kitty litter!

The paint and stuff is all Monco's...he started this and then abandoned it in favor of a jetpack.

The first thing I did was dismantle it.  (Sorry, Monco!)  I mean, I kinda went nuts with it.  I pulled everything off and cut the whole container in half with tin snips.

I had a few parts lying around that will come in handy.  An old computer power cord that my dog accidentally snacked on:

The plastic box my paper clips came in:

As well as a part Monco put on it to begin with; I think it's one of those things that opens up to organize cables and such.

I also bought one of those metallic bicycle water bottles that has the bracket to connect it to something; that'll be my "oxygen tank".  For the "beskar-plated cable" I used a faucet connector. 

I'm going to use hinges to attach the halves together and reinforce the whole structure with sintra and such to make sure it doesn't just collapse when I put stuff inside it.  Because I do have medic stuff...fake and real.  I used some tube of those wedding bubble things (see the medic thread--that's where I got the idea), alcohol swabs, and other assorted and necessary medicines (can we say Midol?!) and put it all in a double-sided box of the kind you find in the fishing section.

So what do you think?  I need help with a) more ideas to reinforce it (I've got plastic and metal mending braces), and b) an idea of how to attach it to my back plate, because that would be awesome.  This will eventually hold a full first aid kit, Star Wars props, and my camera and wallet.

Feedback is appreciated!

Normal people never do anything of note, nothing magnificent or world-changing or on the knife-edge of risk. ~IC: 501st

Only a Mando would create a musical instrument that doubled as a weapon. ~IC: 501ST

Fanfic found here:http://mercs.
Re: Riya's Kitty Litter Medic Pack (Pic Intensive)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2010, 08:07 PM »
thats look pretty bad -censored-. i really like the functionality of it all too.  far as im concerned if a prop only looks cool and has zero function it really takes away from the character.
i never would have thought of kitty litter either, i've been lookin at what to do for my medic pack and you've opened up a whole new set of options. cant wait to see it done

plugging holes in your hide to keep you alive

soft goods-50%
bucket-  25%
weapons-100%
armor-50%

Jangojedi

• aka Kyr'Werda
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2010, 11:32 PM »
Man I love seeing scratch builds where you end up with something that you could never guess what it was made of, nice progress.

501ST.70thEXPLORERS.MERCS.Firespray.Rebel Legion

Monco

• Firaxan Grunt
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2010, 02:33 AM »
Haha, no need to say sorry for dismantling it! It's looking like it'll shape up well in your hands :)

and regarding reinforcing it: yeahh.. that'll have to be done, the litter container itself was deceptively thin, even though it looked like it was going to be a bit tougher.

Tolman-Aaray Kyramud

• Do a barrel roll!
  • The Tolmanator
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2010, 01:22 AM »
Lol I have a few Cat Litter boxes laying around waiting to be used in Star Wars like manners, its looking great and keep it up! :)

I guess great minds think alike hehe

Aaray Kyramud

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!