Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Tusken Mando

• 36 Replies

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: The Tusken Mando
« Reply #25 on: Mar 25, 2010, 03:04 PM »
I think what Xorim was talking about was the way the helmet is designed. I think he meant that you might want to lean more toward something like what Kyram Dorun has got going on his new helmet. Think of how the phase 2 clone helmet has a smaller rebreather on the bottom front part, or possibly the repcom helmet. I think he was thinking of you doing something more similar to that than whay you've got going now.

« Reply #26 on: Mar 25, 2010, 04:32 PM »
For designs, possibly look at Saracen or other Crusade Era of earlier/Renaissance Era Arabic armor, etc... Their designs might fit very well for a desert influenced mando?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Threkk Gellar

• Pink Helmet!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Mar 30, 2010, 04:43 PM »
So I have been staring at my helmet trying to grasp exacly what I can do to make it blend better. Not having very good luck. I don't quite understand what was said about adding the sintra. I cut a few different peices out but nothing looks right. After this weekend  I will be looking into repaining it I normaly use spraypaint but the browns are limited so I am working off of that.
Will post some updated pics soon.

The Original Tusken Mando

Xorim Kor

• the Mando formerly known as "charlie"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #28 on: Mar 30, 2010, 05:49 PM »
What I meant by the helmet was it looks like you took a Tusken Raider mouthpiece and stuck it on the front of your helmet, which is pretty much exactly what you did. That just doesn't seem to be the best way to blend the idea though. Why would a leather-wrapped piece be on the front of the helmet? My comment about possibly using sintra was to remove the Tusken mouthpiece entirely. Craft a new mouthpiece out of sintra (or whatever) so it looks like it was made with the helmet. Keep the idea of the Tusken, but make it look like  the helmet was build from the ground up to have that part and it wasn't something that was just stuck on.

Charlie

GOOMH! TO THE MAR!

Mullreel

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Mar 30, 2010, 06:30 PM »
What I am thinking is to make  it looked more like the helmet was put on over the tusken mouthpiece.  Make the mouthpiece look more like it is on the inside coming out instead of on the outside of the helmet......................if that makes sense.

I like the helmet and idea

All I ever wanted to do was to travel to far off exotic places and meet new and exciting people.........and then kill them.  So I became a mercenary, and I love what I do.

Threkk Gellar

• Pink Helmet!
« Reply #30 on: Aug 17, 2010, 04:47 PM »
so CV has come to an end. as of now i am looking at building another kit, this one has served me well, i may wear it one more time but i am happy with how it looks. it may be something i wear in the future.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #31 on: Aug 17, 2010, 05:25 PM »
Throw that sucker on display and get cracking on putting some plans and designs to paper :). After DCon, we can look into procuring some metal, so that once you guys are moved in and settled we can get working on cutting and hammering out some plates.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Dha'ward Firaxan

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #32 on: Aug 17, 2010, 07:09 PM »
I loves metal. Its so awesome to hammer your chest and hear the metal ring  ;D

Mandalorian Mercs - Firaxan Clan

Threkk Gellar

• Pink Helmet!
« Reply #33 on: Aug 17, 2010, 07:43 PM »
Because i think i will be working on some sintra armor with a newbe from mass (said i would help him this week or next week) i will start with that and gradualy change it over to metal once we are moved. hell after i make the sintra armor i will have my crap kit i can go swimming with :)

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #34 on: Aug 17, 2010, 08:59 PM »
Heheh. I want to see you jump into a pool in full kit. Even after getting a new, 'legit' helmet, you should grab another rubies 2pc just for the swimming bucket ;D.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Threkk Gellar

• Pink Helmet!
« Reply #35 on: Aug 17, 2010, 09:05 PM »
Yah what i would do is use the plastic armor i will be making this week or next and once i upgrade to the metal i will take the plastic and put it on a flight suit and jump in.

K'raam Xrati

• Mark Hamilton the Red Mando, TB & DZ3203
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #36 on: Nov 10, 2014, 02:51 PM »
So, would a Tusken Mando pass approval these days?

84 Career Invasions
MMCC #48 Trooping since September 2007
Kilted Mando #4

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!