Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sintra/glue question

• 7 Replies
Sintra/glue question
« on: May 27, 2015, 04:09 PM »
I have done some research but I know on line sales change constantly, I was hoping you guys could suggest some good on line sources for sintra (3 and 6mm)

The other question I had was about glue.. What's the best glue to get sintra to sintra or sintra to other plastics?

Thx a bunch

Bare Col'Mera

• "BAH-reh"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Sintra/glue question
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 04:16 PM »
Regarding glue:  Sintra is basically PVC pipe in sheet form, so PVC cement (available at most hardware stores) should work fine for most applications.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 06:05 PM »
Do you have to prime it like pipe?

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 08:29 PM »
If you cant get your hands on sintra, PVC pipe works awesome. I just redid my upper plates in SCH 40 PVC and they came out sweeet!!. Just heat the pipe up and flatten it

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 10:08 AM »
I think the best place to get Sintra is Amazon.  Online Metal Supply has a 5 pack of 2'x4'x1/8" (3mm) sintra for about $64, which includes shipping.  I've bought from them in the past when the price was 5 sheets for about $50, so I don't know if the price hike is temporary or not.  Still, $13 for a 2'x4' sheet of sintra is a pretty good price.

http://www.amazon.com/Online-Metal-Supply-Expanded-Plastic/dp/B00F0Q753O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1432821923&sr=8-2&keywords=sintra

E6000 will also work when gluing sintra, but it's not perfect.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medic Brigade
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 01:37 PM »
Thx

kiffren

• kiffren MMCC 0666 DZ-27182
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. 2016 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 11:54 AM »
I've used super glue and epoxy with sintra as well. I've never had trouble with (good) superglue failing. That's actually how I hold the two pieces of my cod together on this version.

When you're getting plastic make sure it's wide enough for the backplate as that will be your largest plate.

Fenrir Kyramud

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 12:45 PM »
I have done some research but I know on line sales change constantly, I was hoping you guys could suggest some good on line sources for sintra (3 and 6mm)

The other question I had was about glue.. What's the best glue to get sintra to sintra or sintra to other plastics?

Thx a bunch

Amazon is a good spot, if you have to get it online. However, a local sign shop will give you a better deal.

Far as glue. Superglue is fine for sintra. I use it a lot. A good epoxy works as well.

Cat# 1196
Iron Fang: #8
B.O.M.B.: #48.
V.O.T.S.: #43
Dog Lobster Supporter #46
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!