Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Roki's Body Armor (new stuff, pg 8 !)

• 136 Replies

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Roki's Body Armor redux
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2010, 07:20 PM »
Oh bummer! That was a Jersey Shore fist pump gif too!

Rokeim Gekla

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Roki's Body Armor redux (new pic 5/11 !!)
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2010, 09:51 AM »
And since i feel like teasing people.. I WILL !

thats so fresh off the cell phone, my hand is burninated.  

The collar pieces seem to fit alright,  nothing a little more bending wont fix (i can shrug my shoulders and not have something hit my chin, yay !)  the left/right chest plates sit fine, just need to re-velcro one spot.  Left bell sits perfectly,  right bell needs re-velcroing.   and everything below the waistline needs alot of bit of bending or at least strapping (i forget what the regs say about visible fastening straps...)

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 10:18 AM by Rokeim Gekla » Logged

Scifiwarri0r

• Mtn Dew Mando
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2010, 10:22 AM »
It looks realy good

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Re: Roki's Body Armor redux (new pic 5/11 !!)
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2010, 10:41 AM »
It's about time!  Get cracking!  Looks great so far.  I have always loved the colors you use for your armor.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2010, 10:50 AM »
Worth the wait ner'vod!

Rokeim Gekla

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 06:23 PM »
Another new one, taken about an hour ago.  All front plates sans thighs  (straps still drying)  shown. 

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 06:22 AM »
nice work vod. ;)

Rokeim Gekla

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2010, 07:39 AM »
Thx Remo :)   If all goes according to plan,  i'll be submitting today.    I"ve already got some plans in mind for v1.5 too,  but that's a ways off.   I MIGHT get one of the things done for CV.. maybe.   

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2010, 07:44 AM »
Looks great Roki!  It will be nice to see someone else who uses a helmet like mine, so I don't feel so alone. =D

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Hydra

• Awards Leap into Action is the award for the best mid air action picture. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Re: Roki's Body Armor redux (new pic 5/11 !!)
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2010, 05:32 PM »
Are ya done yet? Are ya done yet? *Excited to finally see this together*
In all seriousness though, looks great, this is going to be a great kit.

Rokeim Gekla

Re: Roki's Body Armor redux (new pic 5/14 !!)
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2010, 10:43 PM »
DONE !   I'd have already submitted,  but my PC didn't seem to like Windows 7 very well,  and i'm currently in the middle of re-doing everything XP-style.   

THATS ALL YOU GET !!!  :P

*edit - got pics photoshopped :)

« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 11:42 AM by Rokeim Gekla » Logged
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2010, 11:00 PM »
HOLY CRAP!!!!!! That sir i outstanding. I love the green. I must ask. The helmet, what kind is it?

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 11:02 PM by Dag Yole » Logged
Courage is not the absence of fear, only the realization that there is something more important than fear.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2010, 11:05 PM »
Kandosii vod!

The helmet, what kind is it?
MarrowSun helmet

Hondo Karr

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2010, 11:14 PM »
lookin good! great to see you in something you can actually wear now! not really anything to point out that you havent already.

just a personal thing, i like the ab plate a little higher. that being said, wearing it like that works for 2 mand'alors (jango fett and novall talon) so who am i to nay say  :P

but yes, i am really stoked to see you're there! you've really put alot of time and planning into this and it's great to see you suited up!

Jun Garros Fett

Re: Re: Roki's Body Armor redux (new pic 5/14 !!)
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2010, 11:15 PM »
Almost ready to rock by the looks of it.   Nice work man.   :)

Rokeim Gekla

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2010, 11:36 PM »
Thanks guys !   It definitely has taken a long time to get to this point,  but it seems to have paid off.   

Jun -  that JP still looks better on you... still think you should start on a new kit :-p

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2010, 11:36 PM »
You could send in your app right this second and get approved I'm sure. It's been a long time comming dude, but I'm glad you're finnaly at the finish line.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2010, 05:17 AM »
looks even better with you in it ;).

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2010, 05:27 AM »
Thats one good looking kit ner vod.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2010, 05:28 AM »
just hope you don't get shot in the jewels

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Rokeim Gekla

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2010, 06:41 AM »
just hope you don't get shot in the jewels

I've got a cod, and it even attaches !   It just decided to not tag along to the back of the garage for its big day in-front of the camera.. i think it got shy..

Rokeim Gekla

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2010, 01:20 PM »
APP SENT !  Now lets just see if i pass muster...

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster

Rokeim Gekla

Re: Roki's Body Armor redux (FINISHED, pix on p3 !!)
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2010, 06:20 PM »
Minor changes to the 'gam,  updated pix are on p3 where the old pix used to be.   MUCH better looking if i do say so myself...

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!