Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Naasad Tal's WIP - NEW BLASTERS - 8 Jan 2016

• 303 Replies

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: My Mandalorian Build - New Guy
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2010, 01:40 PM »
Damn! I'm gonna have to up my skills cause your putting me to shame  ;)
Nice Job. Be sure to seal the wood so the wood grain doesn't show thru when you paint.

Yupp...gonna cover them in Wood Putty to smooth everything out...I appreciate the tip

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Naasad Tal

• Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: My Mandalorian Build - New Guy
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 10:31 AM »
OK guys...After much deliberation & thought I think I have FINALLY picked out a Mandalorian Name:

Name: Naasad Tal (NAHS-ahd tahl)
Meaning: Un-Blooded (Ya I know...simple...but rememebr the KISS adage "Keep It Simple Stupid")
               Naasad = None, Not Any
               Tal = Blood

Let me know what you guys think

As far as build updates goes I am still working on my blasters & I started my Lightsaber Hilt last night so I hope to have some pics up soon...

Thanx,

Chris

Chris S. OM# 454

Solus Kyr

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: My Mandalorian Build - FINALLY figured out a Mando Name!!!
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 04:04 PM »
Your going to have to help Me pronounce that in person...

Naasad Tal

Re: My Mandalorian Build - Need some pointers on my Blasters
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2010, 02:10 PM »
Hey guys....I need to know the best way to seal my Wood blaster bodies so they wont look like wood...I was looking at wood putty but its a little on the pricey side & was wondering if there was a cheaper alternative? HEEELP PLEASE VODE

Chris S. OM# 454

Naasad Tal

Re: My Mandalorian Build - Need some pointers on my Blasters
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2010, 12:38 PM »
Ok guys got some pics of my LS hilt...not done but damn close

In progress...

& just about finished...

Probably gonna finish this thing up in the next couple days...just gotta put the blade shroud & power switch on it & it'll be done. lemme know what you guys think.

Chris

« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 12:57 PM by Naasad Tal » Logged

Chris S. OM# 454

Thornar Vexxuel

• Creeping Death
Re: My Mandalorian Build - LS Hilt pics up!!
« Reply #30 on: Jun 02, 2010, 05:17 AM »
you can seal it with resin. You can sand it after it dries to get the smooth metal finish as well. I find that model airplane putty is awesome as well super lightweight and very durable. Takes paint well and you can sand it also.

Stand by and guard my soul, for i will die for yours!

Naasad Tal

Re: My Mandalorian Build - Bucket & armor progress made...FINALLY!
« Reply #31 on: Jun 22, 2010, 10:44 AM »
Hey guys, sorry for the late update...I made some progress on my kit with my Armor Party on the 13th, but was on vacation last week & didnt have access to my computer...so here is where I'm at so far...

Bucket, chest & shoulders...

Bucket...first layer of glass layed, need another kit to finish it

Chest & shoulders...need to be shaped & maybe trimmed down a bit

Back Plate...DEFINETLY needs to be trimmed down & maybe reshaped a little

...so that's where I am now. I should be getting the extra $$$ that I was SUPPOSED to get last payday, when I get payed again on Friday & then I'll be able to get my soft parts (Flight suit, fabic for jacket, etc) & T-Visor ordered. let me know what you guys think.

Thanx,

Chris

Chris S. OM# 454

Shev'la Ram'ser

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #32 on: Jun 22, 2010, 12:19 PM »
looking real good, keep us posted

« Reply #33 on: Jun 22, 2010, 12:27 PM »
The backplate may be a tad long. But it looks to need widening/less bend on the bottom before i'd cut. Have the fit right first, then alter the look.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Naasad Tal

« Reply #34 on: Jun 22, 2010, 01:26 PM »
The backplate may be a tad long. But it looks to need widening/less bend on the bottom before i'd cut. Have the fit right first, then alter the look.

Ya thats what I meant by a little more shaping...it looks like it doens quite come in close enough on the bottom, I'll get it fit better before I start triming it down though...thanx for the comments guys!

Chris

Chris S. OM# 454
« Reply #35 on: Jun 22, 2010, 05:38 PM »
Anytime.. Also, pictures from varied angles will help too!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Naasad Tal

« Reply #36 on: Jun 24, 2010, 09:25 AM »
OK so I have been thinkin about my rifle & here is the idea I have

the one Im going to make is the bottom one...

this is what I have so far...

...coming along slowly, but it's coming along...what i have planned is to build up certain areas on the gun to give it some depth then Im gonna wrap the hand grip in black suede & add a "cheek pad" out of black suede to the butt stock. It is gonna be a sniper converter & I will be able to add an extra barrel (about 2 extra feet) to it as well as a silencer (both will be mounted to the main body) as well as some wrappings around the whole gun to diffuse the look a little. I have a red dot site as well as a scope that will both get put on the gun as well as a few other greebles to Star Wars it up a bit.

...anyway let me know what you guys think.

Thanx for looking,
Chris

Chris S. OM# 454
« Reply #37 on: Jun 24, 2010, 09:42 AM »
I like the rifle, but it looks a little too Halo to me.

So to fix that, add a backwards scope and some greebs. :P

But its looking good so far. Keep it up ;D

New Year, eventually a new signature...

Naasad Tal

« Reply #38 on: Jun 24, 2010, 10:14 AM »
thanx for the comment Vod...this thing is by no means even CLOSE to finished but the time it is, I think it'll be worthy.

Thanx again & keep the comments comin

Chris S. OM# 454

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #39 on: Jun 24, 2010, 10:59 AM »
No doubt those guns look cool but, they dont look Swarzy in the least bit. I'd rather see an unmodded Nerf (must be modded per CRL's) over those. Not because theyre not cool but because theyre not in universe. They look to Halo as previously mentioned. Honestly, I would look at some common or even EU Star Wars weapons (use a site like wookieepedia). You dont have to copy one butlook at them and how they are designed. Then redesign your creation.

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

• Last official Verd'ika with no relatives in!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #40 on: Jun 24, 2010, 11:43 AM »
ok A'den, i don't really see how those are not better than unmodded Nerf :o I mean, i get the blast suprsor looks a little haloish, but that can be changed easily, to a laser supprsor... Then he and add a few EL wires to the center, so it runs down to the muzzle. Then, just add a power pack to the side of it (almost like an RC's carbine) and then it would look very swarsy

Teren Clan

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #41 on: Jun 24, 2010, 11:56 AM »
No Ch'ren, that wouldnt make it look more Swarzy, you need to go study as well...  8)

I say unmodded, and that's jokingly BTW, Nerf because at least those have SOME Star Wars credit from overuse. The other gun looks other serial which is a CRL violation.

Naasad Tal

« Reply #42 on: Jun 24, 2010, 01:15 PM »
thanx for all the input A'den, I will check Wookiepedia & see if there is any "Swarzy" guns that look similar to mine & see if I cant mod mine to look more in-universe. one of the reasons that I put the pics up was to get input from people about them so if I needed to change them up a bit I coud...thanx again guys for the input & criticism

Chris

Chris S. OM# 454
« Reply #43 on: Jun 24, 2010, 01:38 PM »
thanx for all the input A'den, I will check Wookiepedia & see if there is any "Swarzy" guns that look similar to mine & see if I cant mod mine to look more in-universe. one of the reasons that I put the pics up was to get input from people about them so if I needed to change them up a bit I coud...thanx again guys for the input & criticism

Chris

You could easily, i'd think, mod what you have so far into a Verp. There are a few threads floating around that you can reference for that.

New Year, eventually a new signature...

Naasad Tal

« Reply #44 on: Jun 24, 2010, 01:51 PM »
You could easily, i'd think, mod what you have so far into a Verp. There are a few threads floating around that you can reference for that.

Thats actually what I was thinkin that it would be once I was done, a modified Verp of sorts...like a said it still has a LONG way to go before it's what I want...with the list of mods I have in mind it was going to look nothing like the one in the pic, so I'll keep working on it & show pics as I go, hopefully once I get it done it'll pass the CRL's

thanx again guys

Chris

Chris S. OM# 454

Scorlord

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Family events 40+ hrs Charity Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #45 on: Jun 27, 2010, 03:36 AM »
I play Halo a lot and I'm not seeing it. Given I'm no expert, but those do not remind me of Halo. Given they do not scream Star Wars, but that doesn't mean they can't be used as a base. Best weapon to try and replicate is the Verp and I'd say the sniper version of the DC-17.

Hand cannon is not a term, but a rule of thumb.

Naasad Tal

« Reply #46 on: Jul 01, 2010, 02:08 PM »
ok guys kind of an update, but not really as im redoing some things I had already started...

had to redo my bucket cuz after the first layer of glass the original was WAY to small (the bottom of the visor cuts right thru the middle of my eyes, should make a good one for my little mando, shes already wanting one)...so here is the new one, did a 10% increase on the WOF templates & now it is big on me but after glass & lining it'll be just fine...I need to rework the dome then I'll be glassing it tonight

& now my re-designed rifle (thanx guys for catching the CRL violation before it got to far), I used the original rifle as a base as I have already got a start on it & have come up with this design, which is kinda my original design & the Verp in a bastardized version of themselves, the foregrip is free floating under the barrel & the there will be a small dowel next to the main barrel to add effect...more greebles will be added & im thinking about adding a 2nd smaller scope to the front ot the barrel behind the silencer & there will be a big magazine sticking straight out from the other side...hope this works for getting past CRLs

« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 01:53 PM by Naasad Tal » Logged

Chris S. OM# 454

Ca Loar

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
I like the rifle. Kind of a mix between a verp and a rebel assault rife from ESB. ad another scope or two and it'll be grand but thats just me, i like lots of scopes. :)

[img]https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11245490_677274702400729_7769850639631025562_n.jpg?oh=d6e4bfb8c89920e3690b9ac545515935&oe=5613E63B[img]

Solus Kyr

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions.
Nice. The bucket looks good!

Hondo Karr

that should make a very nice rifle!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!