Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Budget jetpack

• 42 Replies

Canderous Falco

• I'm the memer they call when things go wrong.
Re: Budget jetpack
« Reply #15 on: Jun 22, 2010, 09:11 PM »
THIS LOOKS GREAT! Yeah, a solid base would be best, I think- then people could decide if they want the Z-6, the JT-12, or the Z-6 hybrid (ditches the MM-9 missle in favor of the JT-12's armament; the TCW Death Watch guys wear these).... Or, heck, I'd kinda like to cook up my own and add another Merr-Sonn design to the folio, you know what I mean?

Ajax Kaal

• Forward, always forward!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: Jun 22, 2010, 10:15 PM »
I agree, a base pack would be great and then be able to customize.

Adding a few accessory packages of items would be great for those that want to customize or finish to standard.

Good ideas from people and this should do well.

Keep it up!

Ajax

Ajax Kaal
Forward, always forward!
http://www.ksimageryphotography.com
« Reply #17 on: Jun 22, 2010, 11:04 PM »
Wow!!  Awesome work.  I'd definitely be interested when you start producing these..

Charlie Ramet

Sentinel

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #18 on: Jul 17, 2010, 03:09 AM »
I want one
GJ

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
« Reply #19 on: Jul 17, 2010, 06:38 PM »
So any updates?

Those who wander aren't always lost.

Fett Seven

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #20 on: Jul 18, 2010, 08:20 PM »
Here's what I've been working on since my last post. I go the jet pack mold back from my mold maker and have made a few copys.
I don't know vac form and I don't know roto cast. What I do know is fiberglass. Some may say fiberglass is too labor intensive, maybe but this is what I know. Making a base pack from fiberglass at a budget price, I don't know yet, but working on it.
I've also been developing the add on pices or greeblies for a kit. Since I come from the TDH is pack kit will aslo be available to members there also.
In the photos are Boba and Jango add ons and different cone I made free hand.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42183019@N02/

« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2010, 09:18 AM by Fett Seven » Logged
« Reply #21 on: Jul 18, 2010, 08:22 PM »

Fixed the photo tag for ya!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Fett Seven

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #22 on: Jul 18, 2010, 08:31 PM »
Ok I'm not very savvy on posting pics directly on the thread so here's the link to the pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42183019@N02/

« Reply #23 on: Jul 18, 2010, 08:36 PM »

I think I got most if the unique, non duplicate pics I hadn't seen of it yet!

Photobucket works MUCH better for hosting pics on to embed in forums, as they have a set of linking types on each pic, one of which you can copy and paste into the post with the IMG tag and image URL already included.

Will you be offering an option, if people wanted to, to mix and match Boba and Jango parts?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Fett Seven

« Reply #24 on: Jul 18, 2010, 08:41 PM »
Thanks for the help.
I just may have to swicth over to Photo Bucket. You're the second person to to tell me this.

« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2010, 12:02 AM by Fett Seven » Logged
« Reply #25 on: Jul 18, 2010, 10:36 PM »
Jesse, Bro that looks outstanding I cannot wait to see it in person and I can't wait to get one of these bad boys off of you!!!!

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #26 on: Jul 18, 2010, 11:35 PM »
WOW! Looking real good. Very interested in getting one!  ;D

« Reply #27 on: Jul 19, 2010, 12:55 PM »
Coming out very nice, no doubt will start seeing these soon in the trade area??

Relax, we are adventurers, we are supposed to be surrounded!

IronMando

• Doofus
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #28 on: Jul 19, 2010, 06:02 PM »
I'll take one, always wanted a pack but never have had the money! This looks amazing, the lines look really crisp!

Mandalorian Merc # 0294
"I was blue before you."
« Reply #29 on: Jul 19, 2010, 06:14 PM »
Especially if I can mix boba and jango add-ons, consider me wanting one!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!