Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Solus's Armor WIP (pic heavy)

• 72 Replies

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

• Last official Verd'ika with no relatives in!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Solus's Armor WIP (pic heavy)
« Reply #25 on: Jun 27, 2010, 01:29 AM »
looking sharp, very creative use of the knee pads too.

knee pads? :D the boob shape is made out of trashcan lid A'den xD

Teren Clan

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: Jun 27, 2010, 01:51 AM »
hah! you're right! i missed the post with the link. the stitchd looked in the early pix made me think knee's.

regardless, great job!

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #27 on: Jun 27, 2010, 02:06 AM »
Oh, shab!,  talk about fast!

You are on a roll, it looks very cool!

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Calidus Dartome

• Saved a step...
« Reply #28 on: Jun 27, 2010, 03:54 AM »
Awesome work, especially the pauldron.

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #29 on: Jun 27, 2010, 11:39 PM »
I happened to be at Wal-Mart and saw the trashcan lids you used. Brilliant idea by the way. I told my mom how you used them to make the chest armor. I didn't buy them, but I may go back and get them just in case. Everything is looking great. Keep up the good work.

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Ven Kyrad

• I'm not mean. I just get paid to do mean things.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #30 on: Jul 02, 2010, 11:37 AM »
Had a great day at OriKad's :D yesterday

Finally got the back re-sized and mounted. (OriKad designed this  ;) and pretty much built it)

All set and ready to go for when I get official status  ;D

Cat #353
E.M.T.S #84

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #31 on: Jul 02, 2010, 11:48 AM »
i like that backplate  ;)

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
« Reply #32 on: Jul 02, 2010, 12:36 PM »
 :o :o :o

that back plate........

i'll say again;

:o :o :o

that is going to be an awesome kit.( and you will probably be official be fore me! its my curse.)

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #33 on: Jul 02, 2010, 02:43 PM »
I love it! Of course, Ori'kad who's wife has (imho) the coolest backplate in the club designed it lol.

I love GSR's reaction... another guy with one of the coolest backplates in the club lol.

Ven Kyrad

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #34 on: Jul 04, 2010, 11:31 PM »
Here is my pauldron with the shoulder plates and knife attached :)

Cat #353
E.M.T.S #84

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
« Reply #35 on: Jul 04, 2010, 11:36 PM »
I'm gettin jealous >:(

jk.

stang, you can stab a barve even with your hands tied just using your teeth.

OYA!

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Darman_Skirata

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #36 on: Jul 05, 2010, 06:37 AM »
this armour set is looking fantastic! works really well with the pauldron

Darian Ordo

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #37 on: Jul 06, 2010, 09:17 PM »
Great looking kit.  I am looking forward to seeing your final pics, I am sure it will be one of the best out there.  Keep it up.

Don't try running, you'll only give me a better story!

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #38 on: Jul 06, 2010, 09:20 PM »
I love the use of pauldrons in kits! Yours looks very nice and crisp. :)

~

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #39 on: Jul 06, 2010, 09:57 PM »
WOW, that is really comming along nicely, I have one question regarding the knife however. Wouldn't it make for ease of drawing the weapon if it was secured to the pauldron handle down like our servicemen/women do?

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Jaden Tracyn

• Real mandos cry...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #40 on: Jul 06, 2010, 10:20 PM »
wow, very very very awesome armor design! I love it, keep it up!

Ven Kyrad

« Reply #41 on: Jul 07, 2010, 01:01 AM »
WOW, that is really comming along nicely, I have one question regarding the knife however. Wouldn't it make for ease of drawing the weapon if it was secured to the pauldron handle down like our servicemen/women do?
That's how I wanted to do it but it fell out of the sheath when I did that  and tried walking around. And when i sewed a lip on it, It got snagged and almost ripped. So i said screw it and attached it that way. ;)

Cat #353
E.M.T.S #84

Krayd Kaflar

• Formerly 'Rock'
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #42 on: Jul 07, 2010, 01:36 AM »
Just giving them a fighting chance is all. It would be no fun with it mounted the other way, they'd be dead before any of the action started.

Merc #0464
Bearded Mando 010
TASK Force 004
Kilted Mando 16
Buffet Brigade 21

Tahl Taab

• Tahl Buir shall return!!!!!!
« Reply #43 on: Jul 07, 2010, 07:41 AM »
Just giving them a fighting chance is all. It would be no fun with it mounted the other way, they'd be dead before any of the action started.

I always wore mine like she has hers mounted cept with a bit of an angle so I could get it with mu off hand. I feel more comfortable using it blade back rather than blade forward, it's more of a defensive slashing role, might as well make the opponent be the aggressor and let them screw up.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #44 on: Jul 07, 2010, 10:40 AM »
All very good points! If it works who am I to judge?  :D :D

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Ven Kyrad

« Reply #45 on: Jul 15, 2010, 12:15 AM »
Very very good day of building today! My armor is just about 95% done at this point. I finished the gauntlets and knees completely today. The helmet just needs a visor and the right ear piece.

Cat #353
E.M.T.S #84

Darman_Skirata

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #46 on: Jul 15, 2010, 02:54 AM »
cool, this set is looking good, cant wait to see it all put together, interesting visor shape too :D

Trin Aravis

• Curb stomp the universe
« Reply #47 on: Jul 15, 2010, 09:55 AM »
Heeey, why'd you decapitate that turian?  What'd he ever do to you, huh?

Oh, and the helmet and gaunts look great, too.   I like how heavy the gauntlets look; like you could just backhand someone in the mouth with one and all their teeth would fly out.  Nice job.   :)

Ven Kyrad

« Reply #48 on: Jul 15, 2010, 10:47 AM »
Heeey, why'd you decapitate that turian?  What'd he ever do to you, huh?

Oh, and the helmet and gaunts look great, too.   I like how heavy the gauntlets look; like you could just backhand someone in the mouth with one and all their teeth would fly out.  Nice job.   :)
He looked me funny and you know how mando's like there trophies >:D

Heavy look is what I was going for. My arms are skinny and I needed to look more threatening. :D In reality, they are insanely light cause its just a plate made for trash can heat curved with one layer of vinyl and 2 straps to look cool.  ;)

Cat #353
E.M.T.S #84

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #49 on: Jul 15, 2010, 11:17 AM »
What type of helmet is that?

~

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!