Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Klyn Voddher's first custom mando

• 145 Replies

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
Klyn Voddher's first custom mando
« on: Jun 28, 2010, 03:00 PM »
Su'cuy,

Well i already started with my armor a few weeks ago, so i will skip the outdated progress pictures and just show the stuff as it is now.

In the end it'll be a custom mando inspired by Jodo Kast and Boba Fett.

So here we go:

---My first planning.

---EE-3

---Kneecaps

---Shintools

---First time worn

--My crappy Rubies will be replaced don't worry :D

Hope you like it so far.

Greetings Klyn

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Klyn Voddher's first custom mando
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2010, 03:27 PM »
you're off to a good start vod, but what helmet is that?, because it looks wayyy to small for you.

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2010, 03:28 PM »
It is indeed. Just a vinyl Rubies that i bought via ebay when i started with the suit. Definately the biggest buying mistake i ever did  :rolleyes:

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2010, 03:29 PM »
Looking good so far...you'll get it all together!  ;)
Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2010, 03:32 PM »
right, the rubies boba 1pc is no longer accepted. so i would recommend you having a look in the trading station and having a look at our clubs helmet builders. there are a few and all well priced. other than that, as i said you're off to a good start.  ;)

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2010, 03:34 PM »
Looks good. Glad you'll be replacing the helmet, it's much too small.

I see your concept art and what you have built so far. My concern is this... you're going to end up lookinng very much like Jodo or Boba. You probably need to either
1. Look at teh CRL's for Boba and Jodo and do one f their costumes
or
2. Vary it up some more. If the end result looks more like an incorrect Boba or Jodo then a custom, you will be held to their CRL's which, if you didn't build to them to start will be bad.

Everything's looking good so far. You do need to move all the torso armor up some. The gorget should be just off your throat. It's too low. Once it's raised, all the other plates should be raised accordingly.

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #6 on: Jun 28, 2010, 04:03 PM »
Thanks for your comments guys.

Selfmade helmet is on it's way, (already got the dome by now, but my cam is wrecked):

---Circuit board in the keyhole frame. Used an old pc board for that

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Jun 28, 2010, 04:06 PM »
I'm a fan of the scratch built....I'll be watching with interest!  ;)
Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Jagen Ordo

• Chirp-chirp-chirp...KABLOEY!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #8 on: Jun 28, 2010, 04:36 PM »
Good start on the scratch.
And good choice on the circuit board.

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Jango Jet

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #9 on: Jun 29, 2010, 01:59 AM »
I like the style  ;)

But, I agree with A'den: vary it up! Another color (what's your favorite color?) for the mainplates or mayby not a diamantplate in the center but a circular one (with the Clansign?) for example... or another vest (mayby in black)

Well, I'm looking forward seeing your progress! A very good start!!!  :) :)

Verd ori'shya Beskar'gam - Ein Krieger ist mehr als seine Rüstung

Fenn Shysa-Build:

Helmet: 60%
Armor: 80%
Softparts: 100%
Weapons: 50%

Nickname: Shiny

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #10 on: Jun 29, 2010, 02:40 AM »
What about using darkgrey as the armor's base color?

« Reply #11 on: Jun 29, 2010, 03:56 AM »
The grey has a dusty, mechanical touch - I like.

One thing you can't see on a line-art based scetch is that black accessories will stick out with those light base-colors, but you're doing so well with your scratch build helmet that a little more paint or individual construction shouldn't bother you at all.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Jagen Ordo

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #12 on: Jun 29, 2010, 07:27 AM »
Looks promising.

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #14 on: Jun 29, 2010, 09:53 AM »
What do you mean? Keep the colors?

I don't think that i am able to apply to a Boba CRL with the stuff i am doing myself, so there is no other chance than changing colors. As i said, i would add other items, that a Boba or Jodo does not have, but as far as i understood A'den the paintscheme is the problem.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
« Reply #15 on: Jun 29, 2010, 10:18 AM »
i think "therealmcoy" is refering to your nike trainers and the basketball hoop  ;D ;)

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #16 on: Jun 29, 2010, 10:37 AM »
Oh yeah, why didn't i figure that out myself >_>

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Jun 29, 2010, 01:20 PM »
The paintscheme isnt the problem so much as the package as a whole... What I mean is you have shin pockets with Boba Fett shins tools, an EE-3 blaster, light armor coverage, colors that match Jodo or is you replaced the yellow with red, Boba. So, it's no just that it';s a Mandalorian Protector it's that it's equipt to be a Boba or Jodo.

If you like the green and yellow, that's fine. Maybe add a third accent color like blakc, white, blue, purple, whatever! Or even move the colors around some so you have the same colors but not in the same pattern. Mandalorian Protectors look cool. I consider mine to be a Mandalorian Protector... green base but I use browns and yellow as my accent colors. Also, my soft goods are tan instead of gray. Change up the armor coverage maybe? Add shin or/and thighs and ditch teh shin tools. Make sure your belt(s) andpouches vary some from Boba and Jodo. The EE-3 is an awesome weapon. Perhaps leave it as it is, perhaps mod it some, perhaps repaint it. There are tons things you can do to keep the general look but make it a distinnctly custom character.

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #18 on: Jun 29, 2010, 01:32 PM »
Thanks alot dude :D

I am already working on leg armor. I'll just leave away the right tigh to keep one puch for useage. The ammo belt will be different now. And yes i was aswell planning to repaint the EE-3.

I'll take a look at several protectors.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #19 on: Jun 29, 2010, 02:49 PM »
i just really liked the pic hehe

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #20 on: Jul 01, 2010, 05:35 PM »
After i finished the dome of the scratchbuild helmet, i put the first layer of fiberglass into the interior.

Now my question is, how many layers should i have in the end and with what should i seal it to make it wearable?

Greetings
Klyn

P.S.: Still got no cam, so i can't show pictures of it. I just used a very thin layer of fiberglass since it was my first attempt of working with it.

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #21 on: Jul 07, 2010, 07:03 AM »
Thought i'd show you the helmet's painting progress:

Jagen Ordo

« Reply #22 on: Jul 07, 2010, 07:50 AM »
Much, much better.

Jango Nova

• "Rust'alor"
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #23 on: Jul 07, 2010, 11:25 AM »
looks good vod  ;D

« Reply #24 on: Jul 07, 2010, 02:09 PM »
I like the paintscheme on the helmet even better than in your scetch. With visor and accessories, it will look sharp.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!