Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Planning Thread Is Dead, Long Live The Planning Thread!

• 2 Replies

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
My earlier thread didn't survive the server move. My thanks to those of you who commented in it and gave feedback and suggestions. This one will encompass everything I've learned in my planning, and the revisions I've made to what I'm doing, how I'm doing it, and the order in which I'm doing it.

As expectation, reality, and research come together, my plans have gotten a bit more refined. I am, in the end (however many years hence) going to have five Mandlorian costumes, which isn't as scary as it sounds, as many elements/parts are going to be shared between one or more kits.

Each costume is going to have its own planning thread in here as it moves to the front burner, even though I have the breakdowns for all of them written up. Within each planning thread, I'm going to break the costume down into the relevent board sections with links to that costume's components' WIP threads. Those costumes that share a particular component will have the same link for each costume. i.e., I'm using the same two-part flight suit -- with a second set of trousers -- for three of my costumes, so in the Kyr v1, Kyr v2, and Fenn Shysa breakdowns, the "soft parts" link will go to the same flight suit thread over there. Costume-specific accessories will be in their own distinct threads.

And now, on with the show...

« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2010, 06:52 PM by Peregrinus » Logged
MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Peregrinus

Re: The Planning Thread Is Dead, Long Live The Planning Thread!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2010, 06:51 PM »
Kyr-Tryyna Mendrôsč (my custom persona) – Apprentice Protector version
This is my persona's older gear that he breaks out for back-alley snooping and other general low-profile, low-impact work. It consists of ESB Boba style/colour parts, essentially, with simplified helmet and gauntlets, many elements of my Fenn Shysa costume, and a few other odds and ends.

This wasn't so much an intended kit, as something that sort of evolved out of having the paint on hand to do my Fenn Shysa armour but not the blackening agent for my Kyr v2, a way to put my sintra test items to use in an actual costume, and to not have to wait until I have the steel helmet(s) and gauntlets finished to maybe get approved/start trooping.

HELMET
I've changed this link to go to my Hasbro mod. My sintra tests of my scratchbuilding templates will resume at some point when I've cleared some of the other waiting projects from my queue. For completeness' sake, here is the link to that project, since much of the research done for it has been used in my Hasbro mod.

BODY ARMOR

SOFT PARTS – FLIGHT SUIT
The patterns for my flight suit and flak vest are undergoing tweaking before I commit them to the final fabric, after which the fabric for the flight suit will need to be dyed prior to sewing. The flight suit is a two-piece version of Boba's, same material and colour, with an extra set of trousers for my “v2" custom.

PRESSURE SUIT

SOFT PARTS – EVERYTHING ELSE

GAUNTLETS

BACKPACK

« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2015, 12:03 AM by Peregrinus » Logged
MABEL #008

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Peregrinus

Re: The Planning Thread Is Dead, Long Live The Planning Thread!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2013, 11:59 PM »
An additional element that's going to be an under-layer in all my Mando outits is the Fenn Shysa style pressure suit. Since it will be, de facto, part of all my builds, I'm going to include it here...

--Jonah

MABEL #008

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!