Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

ilion's First Kit / WIP

• 6 Replies

ilion

ilion's First Kit / WIP
« on: Oct 22, 2014, 07:02 PM »
Hey all,

After SD Comic con this year, I finally decided to make myself a Mando kit.  I've been working hard over the last 3 months on making my own medium armor kit for Halloween and future cons/events.  I recently got a chance to speak with James from the San Diego Chapter, cool guy! 

Here's some WIP shots of my kit so far.

I'm still adjusting the spacing on plates, color on the girth belt and fastening the back and leg pieces well.  Also I realize some of the puches need adjustment since they don't line up very well.  The Flightsuit is in a tailor shop getting fitted so I don't have gobs of extra cloth hanging out and making my leg pieces look strange :)   Anyway, just wanted to stop by and introduce myself and my WIP.

« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2014, 07:05 PM by ilion » Logged

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: ilion's First Kit / WIP
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2014, 02:02 AM »
Looks great do far Vod!

QMU#084

ilion

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2014, 06:43 PM »
Thanks!

By the way, anyone have suggestions for getting the vinyl utility pouches to look a bit more worn?

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2014, 10:20 PM »
Sandpaper, Dremel tool, dragging them through the driveway, wearing them and crawling around, fill full of rocks and chuck at things! Lol or take out your paint kit and give them a black/brown wash or do all the above and have fun!

QMU#084

ilion

« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2014, 12:57 AM »
I didn;t expect sand paper to work as well as it does!  lol  Thanks for the suggestions!

Bowfanny

« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2014, 01:18 AM »
I'm finding the sandpaper is quite versatile for lots of things!!

QMU#084

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2014, 11:02 PM »
Looking good vod! Try running over your armor with a few varying grains of sandpaper to give it more "life lived" scratches to even out the heavy paint chipping you have. After that hit it with a few more black and brown washes  ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!