Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Chro's Gaunts, 2014 upgrades on pg 6

• 76 Replies

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Chro's Gaunts, 2014 upgrades
« Reply #75 on: Oct 15, 2014, 09:54 AM »
I've since overhauled the gauntlets, as depicted in my main build thread. Long story short, I used the toilet brush method to build new gauntlets from scratch.

These fit great, they're light, and they're durable. Only problem was that kids could see the phone that I've always had on these and they would tell me they could see it. This is both embarrassing and against CRLs, so I had to fix this.

Sorry for the lack of build pictures, but what I did is really simple:

I took a piece of leftover sintra and cut it to size, then used a heat gun to curve in one side. Once I had the curve, I added a piece of plastic to the front (cut to shape) to cover up that end, and cut a notch in the sintra to fit the clip from the phone holder. Once it was painted, I drilled and riveted it to the hinge already present and voila: hidden phone.

This is the happiest I've been with my phone setup yet. It looks beefy and serious, but it isn't heavy. I can easily remove the phone for use thanks to the clip-in system, but the whole thing is concealed while retaining easy access.

Chro on FB    |    Wampa Clan Ver’alor    |    Podcast Team

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Chro's Gaunts, 2014 upgrades on pg 6
« Reply #76 on: Oct 15, 2014, 09:58 AM »
Awsome job vod they look really good!

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!