Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jetpack WIP

• 12 Replies

Krayd Kaflar

• Formerly 'Rock'
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions
Jetpack WIP
« on: Jul 20, 2010, 06:07 PM »
Since it is too hot outside to resin or bondo, yeah some people have to deal with too hot instead of too cold. I decided to start on my jetpack.

Merc #0464
Bearded Mando 010
TASK Force 004
Kilted Mando 16
Buffet Brigade 21

Seeker

• Shoot first and ask questions later.
Re: Jetpack WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2010, 10:34 PM »
Good start.

Krayd Kaflar

• Formerly 'Rock'
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2010, 04:37 PM »

Resined most of it on the outside. I just have inside stuff left.

Merc #0464
Bearded Mando 010
TASK Force 004
Kilted Mando 16
Buffet Brigade 21

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2010, 05:43 PM »
Very cool.  I really need to start using Pepukura  :-[

Those who wander aren't always lost.

Krayd Kaflar

• Formerly 'Rock'
« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2010, 07:49 PM »
Yeah, it helps make things go faster in some instances, other times it can make it harder. I'm impressed by the way that so many people can scratch build them.

Merc #0464
Bearded Mando 010
TASK Force 004
Kilted Mando 16
Buffet Brigade 21

Cpt. Rhiis Mok'tau

• "Wann es nicht gefaellt - Mach neu"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2010, 12:44 AM »
Looks good!

I'm working Skip's Pepakura gaunts. Really only nearing completion on the left gaunt. I still need to finish cutting out the rest of the right side, even though I have the main box resined and glassed.

"Well, I'm really a mercenary by trade. You could just call pirating a hobby of mine." -Rhiis

Krayd Kaflar

• Formerly 'Rock'
« Reply #6 on: Jul 31, 2010, 02:30 PM »
I'm gonna Rondo the inside to ensure its strength, hopefully I can do that later today.

Merc #0464
Bearded Mando 010
TASK Force 004
Kilted Mando 16
Buffet Brigade 21

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #7 on: Jul 31, 2010, 03:51 PM »
I'm just finishing the same jetpack build.  A bit of advice:  Rondo the outside to smooth it and add strength, use Great Stuff expanding foam sealer as a filler on the inside for even more structural strength.  I did that on mine and the total weight now is less than 5 pounds.

No'saj Huune

« Reply #8 on: Jul 31, 2010, 04:14 PM »
What is Rondo?  Looked it up online and all I get is references to a type of music.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #9 on: Jul 31, 2010, 04:30 PM »
A mixture of fiberglass resin and bondo.  The resin thins the bondo so it goes on smoother, as well as adding structural rigidity when it cures.  The name Rondo comes from "R"esin and B"ondo".

No'saj Huune

« Reply #10 on: Jul 31, 2010, 04:36 PM »
A mixture of fiberglass resin and bondo.  The resin thins the bondo so it goes on smoother, as well as adding structural rigidity when it cures.  The name Rondo comes from "R"esin and B"ondo".

Cool, I'll have to try that when I try to build this pack as well.

Krayd Kaflar

• Formerly 'Rock'
« Reply #11 on: Jul 31, 2010, 09:06 PM »
Makes it so much easier to enforce things for sure. Sadly I ran out of resin today before I could finish everything up. I did get some other things started though. I'm going to make the central cone interchangeable so i can put on a rocket when I feel like it. I may do the same for the thrust tubes as well so I can change it to fit my current mood.

There's the cone, just have to cut up some bottles and drill the holes for the attachment.

« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2010, 01:47 AM by Rock » Logged

Merc #0464
Bearded Mando 010
TASK Force 004
Kilted Mando 16
Buffet Brigade 21

Krayd Kaflar

• Formerly 'Rock'
« Reply #12 on: Aug 02, 2010, 06:27 PM »
As much as I am loathe to show the paint on it:

The top is detachable from the bottom.

Merc #0464
Bearded Mando 010
TASK Force 004
Kilted Mando 16
Buffet Brigade 21

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!