Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Asuma's blade(s)

• 27 Replies

lightning667

Asuma's blade(s)
« on: Jul 25, 2010, 10:22 PM »
ok so i have always wanted to do a knife like asuma sensei's from naruto. heres a pic of what they look like.

its not a great pic of what they look like , but its the general idea.

and this is what mine at the moment looks like .

still a little in the planning stages, but im happy with it

so what do ya guys think so far?

updates on how the blade is going, and its pretty different than when i started , sorta

« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2010, 05:41 PM by Sgt. Sazh (The Lightning Bolt) Kuraz » Logged

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Asuma's blade(s)
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2010, 10:48 PM »
Though they look nothing alike, I think any progress is good progress, so keep on rockin'!

It may not be translating the same for me. How were you planning on approaching making these?

"And what have we learned?"]
Sorry I'm not around much anymore, life is very busy for me at the moment. . .
M.A.J.I.C. #103
A new WIP will be posted eventually. . .

lightning667

« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2010, 10:52 PM »
Though they look nothing alike, I think any progress is good progress, so keep on rockin'!

It may not be translating the same for me. How were you planning on approaching making these?

i know they done look anything alike, but i was working with what i got ya know ?

bassically i got a lever from a lever action water gun and added the wolverine blade to it , then i just put the sintra over it , then i drilled the holes in it. and yes its alot harder than it sounds lol.
planning on making a set urself?

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2010, 11:14 PM »
My Naruto's a little rusty, but I think your WIP actually looks closer to Asuma's blades than that first pic. For some reason, I remember his having finger holes, like legit knuckle dusters, but with waved blades across the knuckles, smoothing into the curved knife blades. Either way, nifty idea to work with.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2010, 11:34 PM »

Nah. Then I really would have too many projects on my hands. :rolleyes:

M.A.J.I.C. #103

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Jul 26, 2010, 02:49 AM »

Please, PLEASE don't give him any more ideas we've both got enough on our hands as it is now lol.

But anyway they look interesting thats for sure.

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Uria Searing

« Reply #6 on: Jul 26, 2010, 03:06 AM »
Nice sarge i will lend a hand when i get the chance because i want to make something similar its kind of like the duster gauntlets that Cliff uses in star ocean till the end of time but just the duster part

They call me the Hand of the King

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
« Reply #7 on: Jul 26, 2010, 06:34 AM »
Please, PLEASE don't give him any more ideas we've both got enough on our hands as it is now lol.

But anyway they look interesting thats for sure.

Don't worry, they aren't my style. ;)

Good luck on your build Sazh!

M.A.J.I.C. #103

lightning667

« Reply #8 on: Jul 26, 2010, 08:06 PM »
thanks for the support guys, and if u guys got any ideas for making these ( cuz im just guessing with everything) that would help too.

@ slade: yea those were the best pics i could find online, or at the very least one of the firsts. i always wanted to make a set of these, and cutting out the holes were the hardest to do. however with a little up date, i took off the wolverine blade and im just gunna fashion a blade myself outa sinttra or what ever spare material i have atm.

@ Drak, hey im not giving him ideas... im just kinda you know giving him inspriration. lol

@ Tracy'uur, thanks vod and hell if this isnt ur style, u never know u may be able to use the same ideas.

@ Doc, get me some pics so we can start drafting some ideas.

updates coming soon. =3

Zohar Nef

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2010, 11:23 PM »
I like the current look of them.  They are far enough from the begining  idea to be original.  Plus I like the way the blade is offset from the grip.  If you can fill in the gap and reinforce it I believe it will be realy unique.

There is no problem in life that can not be solved through the proper aplication of high explosives.

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
« Reply #10 on: Jul 26, 2010, 11:41 PM »
Interesting, something one my verd'ika may interested in making.  Did you consider using a large piece of Sintra to make it one solid piece?  I like the idea you have, but also see it as becoming frustrating to get everything connected.  I'll be watching your build (and I'm glad you stayed with us).

Those who wander aren't always lost.

bodatheyoda

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #11 on: Jul 26, 2010, 11:42 PM »
if you can get those to turn out like the pics those are gonna be sweet

« Reply #12 on: Jul 27, 2010, 02:10 PM »
They look good so far. Asuma is one of my favorite Naruto characters. The Blades seem a bit to long. In the manga the blades were the same length of the knuckles part.

I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time.

lightning667

« Reply #13 on: Jul 27, 2010, 07:11 PM »
@zohar : to be honest , i think there ugly as hell  ;D ;D but ima try and fill in the gaps and reinforce it, however i may go a different direction with the blade all together, im going to see if i have enough plastic to just make the blade rather than using the wolverine claw.
@no'sajj :i never considered making it one piece mainly becasue, most of the ideas are made from recylced or left over sintra from my vod. id like to make this a one piece solid blade, but when u got odds and ends to work with, things dont alwasy go as planned lol
@ Boda; i definately dont want them like the pic. . .. i want them better  ;D lol.

@ naas ; asuma sensei is pretty bad sheb, but personally, kakashis the man in my opinion. but still asuma's wepeons are tight. and could u clearify on the length plz, a lil confused.

lightning667

« Reply #14 on: Jul 27, 2010, 09:52 PM »
so its beena couple of days and after alot of scetching as well as trial and error, i think i have come up with a pretty good, design, its still in the works, but im pretty happy with how there coming along.

same old same old, comments, ideas and criticisms plz

« Reply #15 on: Jul 27, 2010, 10:26 PM »
Really coming together man, they look "home-made" giving them a more symbolic look. great job

Some people laugh at my starwars "obsession." I grab them then slam their face into a twilight poster and remind them they have a thing for sparkly chested men. The conversation ends there.....

lightning667

« Reply #16 on: Jul 27, 2010, 10:28 PM »
Really coming together man, they look "home-made" giving them a more symbolic look. great job

thanks , but belive it or not, they look nothing like how i wanted them to lol

« Reply #17 on: Jul 27, 2010, 10:30 PM »
that tends to be what happens a lot if you haven't figured it out already. Though never look at the negative of it, i've effectivly made some cool things from scrap and they change about every other step :D

Some people laugh at my starwars "obsession." I grab them then slam their face into a twilight poster and remind them they have a thing for sparkly chested men. The conversation ends there.....

lightning667

« Reply #18 on: Jul 27, 2010, 10:37 PM »
that tends to be what happens a lot if you haven't figured it out already. Though never look at the negative of it, i've effectivly made some cool things from scrap and they change about every other step :D

yup yup,
the first time i got some scraps together i actually made a scythe ( a small one >.>) but yea i made a simple box, which too forever, and i bought some pvc piping and TA dah , but the blade was too small so it was more like a sycle ( spelling? )

but yea, good to meet a fellow recycler here  ;D

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
« Reply #19 on: Jul 27, 2010, 11:21 PM »
Even better!

M.A.J.I.C. #103
« Reply #20 on: Jul 28, 2010, 03:04 PM »
Dude they look beast!

I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time.

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
« Reply #21 on: Jul 28, 2010, 04:25 PM »
Looking good, simple yet effective for closed quarters combat.  ;)

Those who wander aren't always lost.
« Reply #22 on: Jul 29, 2010, 07:25 PM »
It looks pretty cool so far, but will your fingers still fit through the holes once you're wearing your gloves?

It looks like a pretty tight fit right now.

Brisk Arper Vok'chi

• Wasnt born! he was government issued!
« Reply #23 on: Jul 30, 2010, 04:12 PM »
thats one of the cooler mando blade ideas ive seen...thers gonna be NO disarming you in CQC is there?  nice work in all fair ness! though the issue with fit after the gloves go on is a sound one

lightning667

« Reply #24 on: Jul 30, 2010, 05:43 PM »
@ brisk & rdbhahr- my gloves are fingerless, but it should still fit me, if not ill grind out what i can with the dremel, and thanks for the reminder, i kinda forgot about that issue. lol

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!