Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ivven Oyre, femmando (Update Oct 2015)

• 192 Replies

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Ivven Oyre, femmando (Update Oct 2015)
« on: Jul 27, 2010, 10:30 PM »
UPDATE 1/30/2018

So, Photobucket is dead. That sure did a number on this forum. This is me trying to start the tedious process of rebuilding my build threads! :D

Here's a few photos of my Ivven Oyre kit. I first debuted Version 1 of this kit back in 2010, and Version 2, which is still pretty true to what it looks like these days, came along back in 2011. She was inspired by a few things. 1) Can I make a kit with pink in it that doesn't read like a "pink kit"? 2) I wanted the colors to come from the OT trilogy palette, namely, black and white for stormtroopers, and khaki/tans for Luke/Tatooine, and 3) I wanted her to look like a gunslinger and for her profession to be a high risk smuggler.

HELMET: MDS-B (size medium)
ARMOR: 18 gauge aluminum. Drafted, dished, and planished by me.
GAUNTLETS: Cups and Sintra.
FLIGHTSUIT: 96% cotton 4% spandex twill. Designed, patterned, and sewn by me.
VEST: Sewn by Shak-ti 4 Him, modified by me.
GEARBELT/HOLSTERS: By lonewolf1183.
EE-1 BLASTER: By Jare Hasan.
Q2 Blasters: Toys, modifed by me.

EDIT: Below is my old thread, broken photobucket links and all. Preserving it as is for now, in case I go through and fix it one day.

UPDATE 6/17/2011

Debuting Ivven v2, with all her many upgrades. Have to say, this is the first time I’ve ever personally liked my own kit, so I’m quite happy with it. I added knees finally and replaced various armor pieces (the helmet included). I’ve replaced most of the soft parts, including the vest, flightsuit (which I heavily modified from purchase), and boots, hoping to give the kit a more natural look while still keeping with the design schedule of the previous one. Real leather gear belt by lonewolf1183. Vest by Shak-ti 4 Him, modified slightly by myself. EE-1 blaster by Jare Hasan. Helmet base by M-DSB.

This suit is made of metal (18 gauge aluminum), hand-hammered and shaped by myself. Gauntlets are currently plastic, though I plan to upgrade to a metal and plastic hybrid.

Upgrades still left to do, hopefully before Dragon*Con:
-get a second blaster (possibly)
-obtain/make holsters
-add collar space to the vest and add a collar plate (ran out of time)
-get new gloves (possibly)
-the new gauntlets are currently made of plastic, but my goal is to upgrade them to a metal/plastic hybrid

These photos are from Animazement, ConCarolinas, and HeroesCon, where v2 was debuted over a two week period. ‘Zeherfoto’ pictures are by Riv.

Larger photo: http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af20/em_memory/Ivven%20Oyre%20v2/5773063181_c05f30a80c_b-1.jpg

Pictured with S'Do

Larger photo: http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af20/em_memory/Ivven%20Oyre%20v2/5773616146_c724d09cd6_b-1.jpg

Pictured with Riv and Frost

Larger photo: http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af20/em_memory/Ivven%20Oyre%20v2/5807161458_1e79c15885_b-1.jpg

"Tanning" with the lovely Maanji.

Larger photo: http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af20/em_memory/Ivven%20Oyre%20v2/5806373643_7aec40e15b_b-1.jpg

Hoping to possibly do a more legitimate photoshoot of the costume once the aforementioned upgrades are finished.

UPDATE 9/10/2011

Here’s the inevitable picture drop from this year’s Dragon*Con. Ivven’s had a number of small-but-important upgrades (including adding a collar plate, some paint touch ups/new weathering, and the addition of two Q2 pistols that I modified from the basic toy version)! Thanks to the photographers who took these.

Original & Full-sizes available: http://www.flickr.com/photos/photognome/6130330380/sizes/o/in/set-72157627618832368/

Original & Full-sizes available: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeherfoto/6119862315/in/set-72157627483799917

Original & Full-sizes available: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeherfoto/6119862501/in/set-72157627483799917

Original & Full-sizes available: http://www.flickr.com/photos/photognome/6130330350/sizes/o/in/set-72157627618832368/

Original & Full-sizes available: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeherfoto/6119778753/in/set-72157627483799917

Original & Full-sizes available: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeherfoto/6120323264/in/set-72157627483799917

Original and Full-sizes available: http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/210550-the-cosplay-of-dragon-con-2011-day-1/dragoncon2011-64-noscale.jpg

UPDATE 1/2013

Been several months since convention season, but I never posted any pictures. No new updates since last year, but these are some pretty nice shots of the costume, anyways. I figure this summer I'll start work on some upgrades and new interchangeable pieces for this kit.

Click the pictures for larger views.

^ Studio shots by Lucas McCoy. 'Zeherfoto' by Riv Serulius.

UPDATE 1/2014

Lucas McCoy shot the following photos for me:

UPDATE 10/2015

Designed and sewed up a totally new flightsuit for this costume, so a new shoot was in order!

"This is my face."

ORIGINAL POST (7/27/2010):

Ivven Oyre, version 1

This suit is made from metal (aluminum), hand-hammered and shaped by myself. Most of the soft parts were purchased from various places online and then modified. Real leather gear belt by lonewolf1183. Vest by Shak-ti 4 Him, modified slightly by myself. Blaster by Jare Hasan. The helmet is currently a Rubies one piece that I plan on upgrading out of ASAP.

Ivven was debuted at Celebration V.

Planned Upgrades, when time permits:
- Purchase a better helmet ASAP.
- Possibly switch the white half-vest out for a black one, so the plates pop more.
- More foot armor. The plate I had for the upper foot felt fine, but rubbed on the boots. I don’t want to wear a hole through them, so for now, I’m going without.
- Properly paint and weather the gauntlets.
- Knees, when I can figure out how to make some that aren't impeding.

Gallery of v1: http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af20/em_memory/Ivven%20Oyre/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ20

« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2018, 10:25 PM by Vhe Oyre » Logged
~
Re: Ivven Oyre, femmando (preview)
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2010, 10:48 PM »
Looks amazing Vhe! Smexy as usual. ^^ Love the plates and the style everything flows very well.

I don't wanna change the world... I just want to leave it Colder.

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2010, 10:52 PM »
i agree with the black vest idea.
i think this suit shows what a skilled hand you have at this. well done my friend

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Kora

• Queen of the Winter Harvest
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2010, 10:55 PM »
As I said on Facebook, simply awesome. :D

We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
- Mal, "Firefly"

Kora Solusar/Tiika Ruslin/Vaya Sinar Mendrosè

Dresdon Rayne

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2010, 11:35 PM »
This kit looks kick shebs Vhe.  Great job on it.  Look forward to trooping with ya in it sometime. 
-Rayne

Aliit ori'shya tal'din. Family is more than Blood.

Krayd Kaflar

• Formerly 'Rock'
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2010, 11:38 PM »
Very nice.

Merc #0464
Bearded Mando 010
TASK Force 004
Kilted Mando 16
Buffet Brigade 21

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #6 on: Jul 27, 2010, 11:41 PM »
What they said ;D. Spectacular work, as always.

As for knees, you could always just go with simple stylized plates over the front of the knees, rather than the wraparound Fett-style knees. Of course, with knees, shin and boot armor, your thighs will end up looking bare; maybe just a pair of smallish, 'light' thigh plates?

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #7 on: Jul 27, 2010, 11:42 PM »
Simply Amazing! Black vest most definitely. Or possibly Dark Brown?

"And what have we learned?"]
Sorry I'm not around much anymore, life is very busy for me at the moment. . .
M.A.J.I.C. #103
A new WIP will be posted eventually. . .

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Jul 28, 2010, 12:31 AM »
I love the color scheme. This kit is great. Good job!

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #9 on: Jul 28, 2010, 02:28 AM »
i also feel the need to include "i hate you frost" as a p.s. to this kit

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.
« Reply #10 on: Jul 28, 2010, 03:23 AM »
Hahahaha! Same here Lucas. ;D same here.

I don't wanna change the world... I just want to leave it Colder.

Dar'manda

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #11 on: Jul 28, 2010, 03:45 AM »
Don't we all....  :rolleyes:

Amazing kit Vhe!

Rego Kezz

• "Game Over!"
« Reply #12 on: Jul 28, 2010, 04:19 AM »
That's a fantastic kit! One of the best fem mando kits, i've seen.

Mar'eyce

• Ma-ray-shay
« Reply #13 on: Jul 28, 2010, 08:04 AM »
This came together beautifully, and it looks almost exactly like your concept art. :)

I agree that a black vest would be a nice contrast to the the light colour of the chest pieces. Right now they seem to blend in, and the contrast of a darker colour would really show them off.

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Jul 28, 2010, 09:00 AM »
Have you looked at standard vacuform fett knees with a simple elastic strap on the back?  That's what I wear for knees and have never had any issues with them impeding my movement.  Unless you're looking for something that you can actually kneel on?

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #15 on: Jul 28, 2010, 10:13 AM »
*dumbfounded*

Wow.

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Xorim Kor

• the Mando formerly known as "charlie"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: Jul 28, 2010, 12:05 PM »
I add in another comment for the black vest. When you moved around in some of the pictures, the ab plate would cross over the bottom of the vest. Just looked a bit off. I think the chest plates would also def stand out more.

Otherwise good job! I look forward to seeing it at C5.

Charlie

GOOMH! TO THE MAR!

« Reply #17 on: Jul 28, 2010, 02:45 PM »
This is where furocity and beauty come together in a way so perfect, its dificult to use words to describe.

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #18 on: Jul 28, 2010, 04:20 PM »
That is simply amazing!!!  So hot. ;)

Dar'manda

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 267th Rapid Assault Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #19 on: Jul 30, 2010, 12:10 AM »
If I can throw in my own two cents, I like the thought of a darker vest to pop the plates more- I agree that would be good.  I feel like maybe instead of going to black, you should use a very desaturated color vest, something like a warm brown or a ruddy earth tone.  It would fit in with the sort of 'fall colors' you have with the salmon and beige color.  And it introduces a little bit of subtle color variation to the suit to keep it from becoming too monochromatic.

Trin Aravis

• Curb stomp the universe
« Reply #20 on: Jul 30, 2010, 08:52 AM »
Oh, wow.  This looks fantastic!  I can only hope that my own armor will end up looking half as good.  This is definitely an example of a great kit, and an awesome femmando kit!  I agree with your idea for a darker vest, though, that'd definitely make the torso plates pop more. 

If I can throw in my own two cents, I like the thought of a darker vest to pop the plates more- I agree that would be good.  I feel like maybe instead of going to black, you should use a very desaturated color vest, something like a warm brown or a ruddy earth tone.  It would fit in with the sort of 'fall colors' you have with the salmon and beige color.  And it introduces a little bit of subtle color variation to the suit to keep it from becoming too monochromatic.
Ooh, I like this idea.  It might end up matching the ammo belt a little more, too, so it's not the only darker brown you've got going on. 

Whatever you end up going with, it'll look amazing, I'm sure.  :)

Vendrel

• The Talon Enforcer since 2008'. 13th Merc of MM
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #21 on: Jul 30, 2010, 04:31 PM »
WoW!!  Awesome tan!!  ;D ;D

SL/TD/ID-5766 501st Member since 02', Mando Merc Member since 07' (13th Mandalorian to join) .

Sinclair Reau

• Big Damn Heroes, sir
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #22 on: Jul 30, 2010, 04:44 PM »
I love this! :3 wonderful job!  ;D

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #23 on: Jul 30, 2010, 06:59 PM »
Have you looked at standard vacuform fett knees with a simple elastic strap on the back?  That's what I wear for knees and have never had any issues with them impeding my movement.  Unless you're looking for something that you can actually kneel on?

Yeah, I want knees I can actually kneel on, along with not having to constantly readjust them from walking if they're held by elastic. Not having to worry about them falling down is my biggest concern.

I like this idea; I'll certainly toss it around when it comes to choosing to replace the vest.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. :) After seeing this suit at every stage of construction, it's hard for me to see it as a whole. All I see are the flaws, but I suppose that's how everyone feels about their armor. :P

~

Stormshadow

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #24 on: Jul 31, 2010, 01:15 PM »
Impressive.......Most Impressive...  ;D

Looking forward to more picts..... color sceem is great & comes together nicely.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!