Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Triple booster jet pack

• 38 Replies

Zohar Nef

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Triple booster jet pack
« on: Aug 02, 2010, 09:29 PM »
Have started on my jet pack finialy found the base i was looking for and didn't know it.  You know you look at something and it just clicks in your head.  Well this did just that,  playschool toy the gas n mow mower.

Also found something to make the thruster cones too,  the top portion of vitamin water bottles.  They are pretty sturdy but I am going to reinforce them just for good measure.  And as the title says I am going to put 3 thrusters on the pac, the third would be an auxiliary.  In case you need a quick vertical assent or a bit more lift for carrying somethin or someone.  But heres the pics of what I have so far.

]

The tubes on the side are bird feeders I got at biglots in a 2 pack for 6 bucks.  Still need so pvc pipe to fill in the holes in the feedrs and tie the parts together at the same time.

There is no problem in life that can not be solved through the proper aplication of high explosives.

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
Re: Triple booster jet pack
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2010, 10:08 PM »
I've got two of those sitting in my front yard!  Why didn't I think of this??  ;)

Those who wander aren't always lost.

Krayd Kaflar

• Formerly 'Rock'
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2010, 10:29 PM »
I'm diggin it. Like you said just fill those holes in and give it a quick sand and paint. Very nicely done, excellent find.

Merc #0464
Bearded Mando 010
TASK Force 004
Kilted Mando 16
Buffet Brigade 21

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2010, 11:25 PM »
Nice find.

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 03, 2010, 12:05 AM »
BRILLIANT!!!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Cpt. Rhiis Mok'tau

• "Wann es nicht gefaellt - Mach neu"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Aug 04, 2010, 01:24 AM »
HOLY ----!
Your idea. I can has? :D

"Well, I'm really a mercenary by trade. You could just call pirating a hobby of mine." -Rhiis
« Reply #6 on: Aug 04, 2010, 10:20 AM »
Definite ideas for a Med-pack there...

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Zohar Nef

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Aug 04, 2010, 11:08 AM »
Target had them on clearence when I got it so I got 2 ($6.50 each) the other is going to be turned into a power pack for the realy big gun my fiance wants her mando to have for her main.

There is no problem in life that can not be solved through the proper aplication of high explosives.

Zohar Nef

« Reply #8 on: Aug 08, 2010, 05:35 PM »
Made a bit of progress on this project, got the pvc and did some hot glue work on it.  Here's how it stands now.

Krayd Kaflar

• Formerly 'Rock'
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #9 on: Aug 09, 2010, 05:16 PM »
That looks sweet, the pipes really give it character.

Merc #0464
Bearded Mando 010
TASK Force 004
Kilted Mando 16
Buffet Brigade 21

BobaFiend

• "Put Captain Cargo in the Solo Hold"
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Boba and Jango Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #10 on: Aug 10, 2010, 02:40 AM »
Very impressed with the look of the piping, I'll be following this thread  ;D Keep it up!

« Reply #11 on: Aug 12, 2010, 07:27 PM »
I can't wait to see this thing painted, it looks really promising.

"Lightsabers can stop blaster bolts. Nothing can stop my slugs."

Bralor Skirata

• Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, burc'ya!
« Reply #12 on: Sep 28, 2010, 05:07 PM »
Vod this is amazing, great idea!

Mando'ade: Urakto, Jate'shya, Iviin'yc, Dralshy'a.
Mandalorians: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

Zel Gret

• Keep your friends close, disintegrate your enemies
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #13 on: Oct 05, 2010, 07:22 PM »
Way to be inventive. Looks good.

Kalel

« Reply #14 on: Oct 10, 2010, 03:23 PM »
This is looking really good, cant wait to see the turn out ;)

Zohar Nef

« Reply #15 on: Oct 20, 2010, 12:19 AM »
Ok work on this hit a bit of a stand still as other things in life took priority.  But today imbetween bouts of heavy cleaning I managed to get started on the paint for this thing.  Still got to do detail work on it but so far it is looking realy nice.  Let me know what you think.

And did a little flat black on the nozzels to make it look like they had been used.

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #16 on: Oct 20, 2010, 12:25 AM »
Very cool ..... I hope mine turns out as good ..... well done .  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Oct 20, 2010, 01:44 AM »
Very sexy my friend

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Valgus Ordo

• I'll take a stab at it.
« Reply #18 on: Oct 20, 2010, 11:41 PM »

Great, innovative work, and I like your attention to detail with the nozzles.  How will you wear it?  Cross-straps, backpack-style straps, or something else?

"Bury me not with soil or stone, cleanse not my corpse with fire nor water. 
 Let me be buried with the bodies of my enemies!"  -A Clan Ordo warchant I made up.

Kalel

« Reply #19 on: Oct 21, 2010, 06:06 PM »
It's like jet pack lengiure, lolz, but nice ;D

Cpt. Rhiis Mok'tau

• "Wann es nicht gefaellt - Mach neu"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #20 on: Nov 13, 2010, 01:42 PM »
Seriously though, I think I'm gonna take this idea, if you don't mind.
I'm interested in making a jump pack, so this is perfect!
Looks great!

"Well, I'm really a mercenary by trade. You could just call pirating a hobby of mine." -Rhiis

Krayd Kaflar

• Formerly 'Rock'
« Reply #21 on: Nov 15, 2010, 01:15 PM »
That is sexy.

Merc #0464
Bearded Mando 010
TASK Force 004
Kilted Mando 16
Buffet Brigade 21

Uria Searing

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #22 on: Feb 05, 2011, 04:19 PM »
NICE!

They call me the Hand of the King
« Reply #23 on: Mar 18, 2011, 08:19 AM »
It always amazes me how people's minds work. You look at a a kiddie lawnmower and all you see is a jetpack! Genius!

Rath Fel

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #24 on: Mar 18, 2011, 08:28 AM »
Looks amazing!!!! really nice idea and job! one word of caution tho. I added thin plastic pieces to my TD backpack once (I believe it was a granola container from costco - it had a great "vent-like" bottom - painted black it look great) It was a troop I didn't need the backpack for, so I left it in the car. The sun warped and melted it beyond recognition. Keep it cool or the thin plastic pieces will warp and any hot glue will melt.

okay so I'm stupid ;P

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!