Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mercs Invade San Diego Comic-Con 2010

• 18 Replies

Adennuur Mdej

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Mercs Invade San Diego Comic-Con 2010
« on: Aug 03, 2010, 12:40 AM »

The 2010 San Diego Comic-Con was held from the 22nd through the 25th of July and was invaded by the Mandalorian Mercs led by the Haran'galaar Clan, with the assistance of the Manda'galaar Clan and individual mercs from Nevada, Northern California, Arizona and Tennessee. On Friday we provided security for the Slave Leia photo shoot with assistance from the 501st. We were also given the opportunity to pose for photos on the stage at the Lucas Film Limited booth on Saturday. Also on the evening of the 24th we held the Mando dinner at Hooters in the Gaslamp District of San Diego. On Sunday at the Mandolorian Mercs booth we had a give away drawing of an M-DSB Props Mercenary Helmet, donated by M-DSB.

Steve Sansweet stopped by the table and seemed favorably impressed with our table and people. We even got a photo.

Perla Nogard was able to get in to the panel Karen Traviss was appearing in, and passed on our regards as well as getting a signature on a Mercs shirt.

We had a great time and were happy to see all the folks who were able to come this year. Lots of people showed an interest in our club. People from all over visited our table, asked for info and signed up for a post-con contact list. We had people from as near as San Diego and as far away as France express interest in armoring up and joining the Mandalorian Mercs. All in all the invasion of SDCC was a resounding success and I would like to thank all who were able to attend and hope to see more Mercs here next year.

Always Faithful
Adennuur Mdej

« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2010, 04:31 AM by Novall Talon » Logged
"We're not huddled in one place-we span the galaxy. We have no species or bloodline-so we can rebuild our ranks with others who want to join us. We're more than just a people or an army. We're a culture. We're an idea. And you can't kill ideas"
-Ranah Teh Naast

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration

SIXX

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Mercs Invade San Diego Comic-Con 2010
« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2010, 04:40 AM »
We still need the looking for Mando girlfriend T's lol. Had a blast. Boots broke? Duct it!

CAPTURE BY DESIGN KILL BY NECESSITY

For all direct communications use ,Comm Signal: 619 / 739 / 0160

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a163/sithstormtrooper/

Jacyn Snow

• AKA Aran Kerir AKA Jordan Masters
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Aug 03, 2010, 05:00 AM »
 :'( :'(i wanted to go so bad  :'( :'(

USMC- Mandeplorable

whitecrow1

« Reply #4 on: Aug 03, 2010, 07:56 AM »
had a great time this year...it just gets better and better and i look forward to pwning the con once again with you all (and hopefully more) next year

"shoulders...you got 'em, I shot 'em"

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Aug 03, 2010, 08:25 AM »
Some interesting stories.

While up at the Lucasfilm for the second photoshoot, we were visited by some guests who either really wanted a picture with us...or just wanted to be jerks.

We were visited by a clan of Predators, whom at first were very cool, One not so cool. But, we dealt with her.

And we were also visited by.....something. Dudes with potato sacks on thier heads and giant scythe/axe looking things. They simply walked up behind us, through us, and then off the stage....very interesting to say the least.

We also had a few 501st assist us in the Slave Leia Shoot as we appeared to be short handed at first. But, once we got there, with the limited room, we realized we were a little over staffed.

We had some great Hotel Shinanigans during the evening, and roamed the gas lamp. And made two ransom calls to Ada Ka's room mates....turns out they only had $12 dollars, so we kept her.

Tyrian, Vid, and I also met a great guy by the name of Mic the Scallywag, nice guy who does professional make-up and costuming for events.

Oh yeah...and a drive to find a Burger King. A challenge in it's own right, but a lot of fun.

I met Sean Patrick Flannery too, if only for a brief moment.

Aaaaand, Brokenboba's kids got so scared at the Hooters by these costumed guys working for The Haunted Hotel right next door....it was cute and funny.

All in all, I had a great two days and lost a few pounds in the process.

Thank you every, for again making it a wonderful vacation for me.

Krayd Kaflar

• Formerly 'Rock'
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #6 on: Aug 03, 2010, 12:49 PM »
You guys looked awesome at your table. I visited a few times on Friday hung out for a bit then did my own thing again, but it was nice to meet those of you I got to meet.

Merc #0464
Bearded Mando 010
TASK Force 004
Kilted Mando 16
Buffet Brigade 21

Zammap

• MandoMaker Creator
  • "Go…get…borked"
« Reply #7 on: Aug 03, 2010, 03:09 PM »
them sexy photos

:O

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #8 on: Aug 03, 2010, 04:19 PM »
I am really glad that you all did so much this year, and had such a great turn out.  It will probably be a few years before I can get back out to SDCC due to cost...but honestly you guys and gals don't need me there to shine! 

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Sev Teriik

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #9 on: Aug 03, 2010, 09:00 PM »
I wandered by the booth a few times , while my wife had the people at the Jericho booth cornered, and after looking at everything it jump started me into wanting to do this =)

Double Tap : anything worth shooting, is worth shooting twice

Tor'dola Magnus

• Nothing runs... like my Bounty
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Aug 04, 2010, 06:07 AM »
That's great!  I wish I'd have made it back down to SDCC that weekend to meet some of you in person before being shipped out. I hope to get stationed in San Diego when I'm done with my tour in Guam.

Oyacyir de balac, kar'taylir darasuum de gaanader, kyr'amur de bora
"LIVE by chance... LOVE by Choice... KILL by Profession"

E.M.T.S. #083
MAD:036
M.A. #098

ForceHunter WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63712.0

Rav Sta'is

• Sandhawks - Australia
  • Awards 40+ hrs Charity 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Aug 05, 2010, 08:09 AM »
thats so awesome!

Kalel

« Reply #12 on: Aug 05, 2010, 02:21 PM »
I went this year in my costume, still havent officially registered, But comic con was amazing, although I saw no other members on the convention floor, I was out there, maybe you saw me :), i was wearing brown and orange armor thru most of the convention.

whitecrow1

« Reply #13 on: Aug 05, 2010, 03:00 PM »
thats why you are supposed to come by our table lol...same spot every year xD

Kalel

« Reply #14 on: Aug 05, 2010, 03:07 PM »
i know but I missed going by and my costume wasnt up to snuff with standerds, i mean i have no gaunts, no pouches on my belt, pieces were falling off and I didnt want to embarass myself, but next year I'll have a different set of armor, and hopefully it will be better.

« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2010, 03:09 PM by Kalel » Logged

whitecrow1

« Reply #15 on: Aug 05, 2010, 04:57 PM »
its fine there are a few people that were not complete...when you stop by it gives a great opportunity to meet others from your area and probably a chance to meet others who may have some great ideas for you to help you along the way. its kind of like networking with other mercs so you can get your foot in a little faster and easier. we do not judge based on first set appearances because there are those of us who were once in the same position...actually ALL of us were in that position and we are there to help you take the next step of improvement.

Kalel

« Reply #16 on: Aug 06, 2010, 10:02 AM »
Thanks for telling me that, I'll know that for next year, oh well all that's left is to improve my armor.  :P

« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2010, 10:08 AM by Kalel » Logged

whitecrow1

« Reply #17 on: Aug 22, 2010, 01:47 AM »
i forgot to post it  but here is a higher res version of this photo

http://www.deviantart.com/download/173794329/group_photo_edit_02_by_WhiteCrow1.jpg

Kalel

« Reply #18 on: Oct 04, 2010, 12:22 AM »
Lolz, nice

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!