Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Backpack idea

• 3 Replies

Tor K'lumph

• ni oyacyir tor de kad
Backpack idea
« on: Aug 12, 2010, 09:55 AM »
Ok, right now I have a backplate but I want to make a back pack. I have an idea to make it a hard backpack. In the pack I want to put a long range comm and posibly a machette or other melée weapon sheath. And for the straps I was thinnking of using them as sort of a harness for my armor to. It's just an idea so far so no pics. Any one have any feed back? Comments good or bad? Tips? I don't no if it'll work so your comments are welcome.  

Oh and let me add, I'm broke.

« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2010, 10:17 AM by VodTor » Logged
Re: Backpack idea
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2010, 09:57 AM »
i considered a hard backpack idea before going with a jango arena pack ....look around in the import motorcycle shops, they make some really exotic hard backpacks for that type of use ....

example :

http://www.atgsunglasses.com/bob.html

well if ur broke ...hummmmm... those wolnt work for you as they can cost as much as a jetpack can .....

« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2010, 11:30 AM by randall ace » Logged
- one of the founding 12 members of the ohio garrison .

Tor K'lumph

• ni oyacyir tor de kad
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2010, 11:33 AM »
Well ya those are nice but I was thinking of scratch building one as part of my backplate.

« Reply #3 on: Aug 14, 2010, 02:28 PM »
The backpack idea is great and it's a very useful feat in a troop. But using the straps of the backpack for your armor atthe ame time could give you trouble the moment you have to get into a car on the way to the event, or want to sitting for lunch etc.  Maybe you can come up with some tricky fixtures, but those could be hard to reach if your flexibility is restricted by armor. Whatever you have in mind, make sure that you can set the backback aside while staying fully armored. I guess that's the more realistic approach anyway.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!