Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mandalorian Protector's GET IN HERE!

• 391 Replies

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
Re: Mandalorian/Journeyman Protector's GET IN HERE!
« Reply #195 on: Dec 15, 2010, 07:28 PM »
Looks wonderful!

Darman_Skirata

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #196 on: Jan 03, 2011, 06:20 PM »
Ok for this year ill be building my MP  ;D
i got all the armour pieces and bucket but before i start, i need a scheme.

So today i decided to draw my MP *and practice with my new pen tablet  ;) * and ive come up with 4 schemes:

Above is what i call the "Jodo Kast Figure" scheme, similar to the scheme on the figure shown earlier on in the thread

^ is a scheme similar to Kel Toi Skirata's kit, he said its ok, plus MPs are supposed to look similar in ways, as me and KT maybe the first UK MPs in the Mercs

^ This is what i call the "Bardan Jusik" scheme which i got the idea from various drawings of Bardan

And lastly:

The Boba/ Traditional MP colour scheme.

So which one should i go for so i can start my MP *and post the decided scheme in my art thread ;) *

« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2011, 06:23 PM by Darman_Skirata » Logged

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #197 on: Jan 03, 2011, 06:28 PM »
Your getting good wi that tablet mate , i like the blue  ;)

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #198 on: Jan 03, 2011, 06:44 PM »
I like 1 or 3, 2 is great but, with Kel being in the same clan and having essentially the same scheme it would be cool to break it up. 4's great too but, it's too Boba to me.

Hondo Karr

« Reply #199 on: Jan 15, 2011, 03:12 PM »
My son has gone from DeathWatch (Pre Vizsla) to Mandalorian Protector...

Klyn Voddher

• Jai'galaar Clan
« Reply #200 on: Feb 08, 2011, 09:50 AM »
That's a really nice kit. I wish my dad would have made me a beskar'gam when i was younger.  ;D

But now i got my own and thought i'd leave it just in the right place:

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #201 on: Feb 08, 2011, 10:54 AM »
Congrats again Klyn  ;) and A'den your wee mando looks great  ;)

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #202 on: Mar 06, 2011, 02:26 PM »
Teaser...

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
« Reply #203 on: Mar 06, 2011, 10:43 PM »
Sweet Ca'tal! Is that one of Fettronics' new light boards?

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #204 on: Mar 06, 2011, 11:29 PM »
It is indeed. V3 3 stage. It's sweeeeeet.

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #205 on: Mar 07, 2011, 06:40 AM »
Okay, it's been a while since I've contributed to this thread.

I've thought about changing my primary color from the dark hammered metal to a kelly green. I'm going to keep the gold and silver highlights. I don't have it finished yet because I have a few more additions I want to put on it, like a backpack (which I know I could add later) and I'll post up my work here in a few days.

David.

Facebook page
#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
« Reply #206 on: Mar 23, 2011, 10:34 AM »

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

« Reply #207 on: Apr 04, 2011, 03:02 AM »
Ok, so I'm committing a forum foul here, but I just couldn't make it through the 16 pages of replies.  I made it to page four though....

So I see you guys are all in agreement to the JPs being mostly green with yellow shoulders and knees. (comic and toy style) but I'm sure somewhere in there you leave things alittle more open.  Here is the food for thought I have on this with a question.  So I guess I am to assume that before Boba joined the JPs he had all yellow armor?  I base this on the chipping on the plates.  Under the green is yellow and under that is the bare metal and/or silver.  It's the exact same shade as the left shoulder and knees.  The damage is seen even on the back and cod.  The right has the more orange color.

So chronologically, I guess it goes that he painted Jango's or a one of his spare sets from silver to yellow.  Then joins the JPs and just has to paint the chest pieces, cod and back green.  The gaunts are likely painted green too, despite the slightly different color.  Somewhere along the line he paints or acquires the orange shoulder.  Then for his ROTJ escapades, he switches the left gaunt or both and they get painted red.  I'm not going into jetpacks.  I'll also assume that the dark gray is primer or something.

The helmet has hints of the past too.  The main parts are pretty clear cut, since it's just really the green and red with silver base.  There is some of that dark gray again too.  On the back panel is the interesting part.  The green is brighter and not only is the dark gray seen, but also a "cement" and "cream" colors.

I just wanted to bring it up to those who have not noticed.  I just always figured at one point in time Boba was all yellow.  Maybe that was the previous owners color, who knows.  Some things are best left a mystery.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
« Reply #208 on: Apr 04, 2011, 05:35 AM »
We definitely know Boba's armor has a past. I've always considered the yellow to be a primer coat. It is the exact shade of zinc chromate metal primer -- which is what I have for mine. There are other, oranger layers of yellow over that on the shoulders and knees.

Since the helmet was painted separately from the armor, they didn't follow the same plan. Joe Johnston intended the different shades of red and green in their respective areas to be indicative of oxidized outer layers being chipped away to expose fresher paint underneath. Then I consider the light and medium grays of the earcaps and main helmet, repsectively, to be their own primer coats... which again is what I have for mine -- Rust-Oleum's self-etching (darker) and clean metal (very light) gray primers.

Since the helmet is probably the most important piece of kit a Mando has, and Boba's is so much more weathered than his armor, I like to think he's had it longer, and the body armor is a later supplemental or replacement set. After all, he has two different sets of gauntlets (at least -- more if we consider some of the pre-production or animated versions) in different colors. And the helmet's probably been repainted a couple times, too (although, apparantly, not since he got that crater knocked out of his dome).

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn
« Reply #209 on: Apr 04, 2011, 12:36 PM »
I realize the real world reasons why and what what done, but I was looking at it as in universe. 

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!