Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mandalorian Protector's GET IN HERE!

• 391 Replies

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
Re: Mandalorian/Journeyman Protector's GET IN HERE!
« Reply #225 on: Apr 05, 2011, 04:25 PM »
I suppose, after the sidebar, the short answer is:

Yes, that armor could have been painted yellow as it's primary color at some point. We have never seen any Protectors (of any stripe) wearing yellow armor, though. Only green. I'd call that the primer coat. There are other possible explanations, but that's the simplest.

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Peregrinus

« Reply #226 on: Apr 05, 2011, 04:31 PM »
As a costuming club, there has to be a point where you find a line you don't cross because to do so would a) cause people to get uterly confused as to what is and isn't right, making them lose interest in ever trying to achieve a CRL-passable costume, or b) you piss people off to the point of them thinking we are elite-ist in our thinking that only a select few will ever reach "our" standards.

Enh. Not even talking about standards. This is a nomencalture argument. *heh* Like how a Biker Scout wouldn't get passed as a Stormtrooper, it's kinda important to know if Journeyman Protectors and Mandalorian Protectors are the same group or not, have the same uniform or not, whether that's changed over time or not... Like the Magma Trooper issue I mentioned above. Nailing down what's so can sometimes get murky when dealing wiht non-film sources. All the comics and novels and magazine articles are up to the author's/artist's interpretation. We can't just point to a movie still photo and say "see?".

"Nuff said...now can we please get on with life? :P

Yeah. I said my piece (boy howdy, did I). Back to showing off our green armor. :P

--Jonah

MABEL #008

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #227 on: Apr 05, 2011, 08:34 PM »
I'd have to agree with Slade's thoughts. I'd even go so far as to say that perhaps green was a JP thing adopted later by the MP's as a way to honor the JP's who helped found them. Again just my supposition.

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Jare Hasan

• Clan Murraan PR Officer
« Reply #228 on: Apr 05, 2011, 10:45 PM »

Just show me some cool armor people are doing...I'm a pretty simple dude.

For example...

There's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #229 on: Apr 05, 2011, 10:47 PM »
This thread is getting dangerously close to being locked. Several have asked for it to stop and it hasn't so now, Im ordering it to stop. I am all for this discussion and quite enjoy it to be honest but, this is not the place for it! Take it to a Keldabe Lounge thread please.

Peregrinus

« Reply #230 on: Apr 06, 2011, 02:34 AM »
"Shutting up, sir." ;)

--Jonah

MABEL #008

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #231 on: Apr 06, 2011, 06:55 AM »
To save the info already discussed, is it possible for a mod to split this topic and put all discussion/non--topic-relevant posts in a new thread in the Lounge? I know it's a big task, however...it would certainly clean this one up and get it back to the topic at hand, saving us from having to wade through tons of stuff not needed in this thread.

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond
« Reply #232 on: Apr 06, 2011, 12:26 PM »
I only asked about the yellow because isn't this to determine what the JPs look like? 

I offered up Boba's yellow because maybe he had other than green while as a JP, maybe it's a rank thing. 

But I do see how you would want some of the posts moved.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #233 on: Apr 06, 2011, 12:35 PM »
Well, that's all I'm saying. I'm all for discussing what we've each seen where and coming up with a reasonable set of standards for JP/MP's to follow, like color variations in comics vs. descriptions in novels. In the end, it's all up to the Brigadier and the Approval Team to decide what will and won't be accepted for this specific sub-group.

Until then, I'd rather not have to surf through a doctoral thesis of opinion to get to one viable nugget of information. :)

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #234 on: Apr 06, 2011, 12:36 PM »
Agreed. What this thread needs is more pictures.

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Mandalorian Protector's GET IN HERE!
« Reply #235 on: Apr 06, 2011, 02:36 PM »
Okay, I split out the discussion regarding the differences or similarities of Mandalorian and Journeyman Protectors. For now, I'm going to suggest not worrying about whether or not they're the same or separate. We'll try to keep this discussion to the armor colors and configuration of the Mandalorian Protectors.

I left a few posts here because of information relevant to the color discussion.

« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2011, 02:39 PM by Slade Kel (Marrok) » Logged
QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Allfather

• Reconciler
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #236 on: Apr 06, 2011, 04:12 PM »
For example...

Now dat's what I'm talkin bout  ;D

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
« Reply #237 on: Apr 06, 2011, 05:25 PM »
Dem's some good lookin' Mandos.

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #238 on: Apr 27, 2011, 02:07 PM »
Thought i would post this in here now that its Official  ;D

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #239 on: Apr 27, 2011, 03:45 PM »
awesome Kel!.

please dont lock this thread, I'm just starting my kriffing MP and dont want to be late to the party :'(

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #240 on: Apr 27, 2011, 10:08 PM »
The thread isn't likely to be locked GSR. A couple of us did get a little out of hand debating, but the Mandalorian Protectors will continue to, well, keep on protectin' ;).

Also, well done Kel ;D.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #241 on: Apr 28, 2011, 01:50 AM »
Cheers ner'vode  ;)

Rabbit

• This is me on a GOOD day...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #242 on: Jun 22, 2011, 09:39 PM »
Because of my personal military background, the Mandalorian Protectors have a certain appeal to them, as I consider my character background and so forth...

Though, I have a question about the armor style... The MPs are listed as being in Legacy Era as well, so does that open the door for Legacy Era-style armor? That's the style I'm planning for my kit, because it will probably work best with my body build and because the "traditional" T-visor has a strong potential for making me feel claustrophobic (I get extremely uncomfortable with a limited field of vision, so the "wedge" shaped visors on the Legacy Era stuff is more appealing).

Mullreel

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #243 on: Jun 22, 2011, 10:00 PM »
Here is my take so far.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

All I ever wanted to do was to travel to far off exotic places and meet new and exciting people.........and then kill them.  So I became a mercenary, and I love what I do.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #244 on: Jun 22, 2011, 10:54 PM »
Coming together Mullreel!

And Rabbit, welcome to the boards! While in the comics the vast majority of the Mandalorians in the Legacy issue wore colors associated with the Mandalorian Protectors, they were never named as such in the comic. Because of that, the decision made by the Mand'alor, the Brigidier (sp) and the general consensus of the members is the Legacy Mando's do not count as Mandalorian Protectors.

We do a have Legacy subboard if you'd like to pop in there and see what folks have done and share your idea.

The good news is, if you want to build a Legacy Mando with the armor coverage seen in the comics, you can still join a brigade... the Assault Brigade's Heavy Division is always looking for a few good men and women.

As for your Legacy armor, there are printable, sizeable templates to make some of the armor in the Legacy boards, Forge Props make nearly the full armor for sale and some guy around here resin casts the Hondo Karr and standard style Mando helmets as well.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #245 on: Jun 23, 2011, 09:12 AM »

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #246 on: Jun 26, 2011, 02:30 PM »
Well, looks like I found my home thread :rolleyes:
You see, my local vode and I are all basicly mandalorian protectors but in a dquad like in RC with the demolitions guy, slier/mechanic guy, squad sargeant, and the sniper/stealth. Would I still be considered a protector if I were the mechanics guy?  We've all agreed to using the same Krylon Camo specialty O.D. green base btw-just to fit in with the general Protector (olours. I'll be in my armour thread psoting my new colour scheme for now.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
« Reply #247 on: Jul 03, 2011, 08:06 PM »
Newest pic of the kit. Still waiting on MoW to get some boba style boots in, and want better spats. Also planning on adding half sleeves and shin pockets for tools.

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Darman_Skirata

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #248 on: Jul 19, 2011, 07:17 AM »
OK guys I'm going to be focusing more on my MP now than my Darman so here's where I'm at:

- Got helmet but needs priming and painting also need to buy T visor and install it.
- Most likely use my Boba gaunts in this build just waiting for answers in my Darman thread.
- Got chest armour but need to buy ( or make) collar and need to buy backplate
- Got knees and shins but need painting
- And I'll be using most if not all soft parts from my Darman for now (But I will probably make a new vest)

This will be a slow-ish build as I also need to save up spending money for holiday in Florida this Oct :P

JR

• Jaro Ramikad
« Reply #249 on: Jul 27, 2011, 11:43 PM »
I am just starting my first kit with my first armor party this coming Saturday. I am using the "Jango_Fett__Armor_X_Large" template and I am going to order a bucket from DeltaSquadBoss soon. The reason I am posting here is that I want to make sure I am on the path to becoming a Mandalorian Protector.

WIP: www.goo.gl/WhPpc
Helmet 50/50% www.goo.gl/fHFE0
Soft Parts 70% www.goo.gl/hSMyM
Armor 75% www.goo.gl/JTtNO
Gaunts 100% www.goo.gl/NvRA6
Weapons 85% www.goo.gl/7JEef
Backpack 50% www.goo.gl/0CwLn
Droid 20% www.goo.gl/yisvW

"Nan utreekove ber, kisol kyrayc." : www.goo.gl/zXZBx

My website: http://novothule.com

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!