Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mandalorian Protector's GET IN HERE!

• 391 Replies

Jare Hasan

• Clan Murraan PR Officer
Re: Mandalorian Protector's GET IN HERE!
« Reply #300 on: Aug 02, 2011, 03:17 PM »
... So, things need to be tight to canon. The MP's, TM's and OSDW should look like ranked soldiers in an infantry when they stand in their groups.

I think I may cry...seriously, that statement is filled with beauty.

There's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #301 on: Aug 02, 2011, 03:19 PM »
Hmm...I actually agree with that though I hadn't thought about it. And though the disagreement of if MP's and JP's are the same...I do think they are close enough in colors and equipment that they can safely be grouped together.

Yeah, on the MP/Jp thing, the ONLY canon source that isn't implicit I can find is the red girthbelt means JP. Whether armor or colors do, whether Jp's are a rank in MP's or justa  civilian police force etc is all convoluted and unclarified.

So, adding a red girthbelt would be fine with the MP's but, unless you want your character to be specified as a Jp seems unrequired.

I must say though, with the traditional plate design, leaving out some type of wide waist wrap tends to look off.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #302 on: Aug 02, 2011, 03:19 PM »
I think I may cry...seriously, that statement is filled with beauty.

LMAO

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #303 on: Aug 02, 2011, 03:23 PM »
Yeah, on the MP/Jp thing, the ONLY canon source that isn't implicit I can find is the red girthbelt means JP. Whether armor or colors do, whether Jp's are a rank in MP's or justa  civilian police force etc is all convoluted and unclarified.

So, adding a red girthbelt would be fine with the MP's but, unless you want your character to be specified as a Jp seems unrequired.

I must say though, with the traditional plate design, leaving out some type of wide waist wrap tends to look off.

Agreed, especially with the shorter Boba style vest, it leaves a big gap that looks really odd.

So maybe difference between the two, at least as far as costuming goes, JP's red girth, MP's something else? Of course I also have a spiffy badge that Baelin made for me.

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #304 on: Aug 02, 2011, 03:25 PM »
So what mare thenotable diffrences betwen the 2?

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Hondo Karr

« Reply #305 on: Aug 02, 2011, 03:26 PM »
Armor coverage, colors, sigils, armor arrangement, equipment etc. There are refence photo threads stickied to the top.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #306 on: Aug 02, 2011, 03:43 PM »
Honestly, I think all the JP talk is moot.  We know JP = red sash...but nothing else.  So I'm hard pressed to understand why there's a hang-up on the JP thing.  Any mando could be a JP, for all we know it's the same as wearing a sheriff's badge in the old west.  There were no uniforms, you just stuck it on your coat/vest/shirt and went about enforcing the law.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Dresdon Acacin

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #307 on: Aug 02, 2011, 03:45 PM »
ooooooooohhhhhh        ok-easy enough, Red Girth belt=journey man protector, or Mandalorian Police force right?

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #308 on: Aug 02, 2011, 03:54 PM »
Concord Dawn actually, but is neither here nor there.

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Kora

• Queen of the Winter Harvest
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #309 on: Aug 02, 2011, 04:12 PM »
I suppose I'll be out of the canon brigade part as well then. lol I'm doing a charcoal flight suit with swords as weapons (occasionally defaulting to a blaster once it's finished but primary focus swords given it's a second armor set for my melee character). And no chest blinkies. lol

We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
- Mal, "Firefly"

Kora Solusar/Tiika Ruslin/Vaya Sinar Mendrosč

Darman_Skirata

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #310 on: Aug 02, 2011, 04:14 PM »
Looks like I'm out too

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
« Reply #311 on: Aug 02, 2011, 04:21 PM »
I think MPs should have a sash (girth belt), but not red. Dala called himself a MP and had a yellow sash.

Why is everyone saying "I'm out"? The standard is not published yet. If you have a CANON style suit, but need to repaint and add a couple things then you're in. If you don't have a CANON style suit, then you never were able to be in a CANON brigade.

1) Canon armor
2) green
3) Canon weapon
4) various details in between

That easy!

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2011, 04:26 PM by Gesai Boklast » Logged

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
« Reply #312 on: Aug 02, 2011, 04:25 PM »
Yeah, canon is going to be a pretty small group I think. We're the guys with just enough of a loose screw to really torture ourselves when making a costume.

1) Armor:
  Light
  Dark to mid shade of green
  Chest blinkies

2) Blasters:
  Must be of canon style

3) Helmet:
  Boba or Jango style only
  Green dome
  Required colors for face, cheek and brow?

4) Flightsuit:
  Green or Gray Boba or Jango style?
  shin & thigh pockets?
  (I don't think the pockets should be required, but strongly suggested.)
  Half sleeves?

5) Ammo belt:
  Boba or jango style ammo belt?  
  (I honestly don't think this should be required style, but rather material. Pouches to me should be leather or faux leather.)

6) Girth belt:
   ? ? ?
   (I agree with Boklast that there should be a girth, just not nesessarily red.)

7) Boots:
  Boba or Jango?  (The Boba style are availible at current from MoW...the jango style...not so much. Not sure if this should be required.)

8. Jetpack:
  If used - Boba or Jango styles

9) Vest:
  Boba or Jango style
  Green, gray, or natual?

This brain storming is sort of fun...and currently saving my sanity from work.

*edit* Also, what about gloves? Boba style with a patch on the back or other?

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2011, 04:27 PM by Ca'tal » Logged
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
« Reply #313 on: Aug 02, 2011, 04:40 PM »
Yeah Ca'tal I'm doing this while at work too! :D

1) Armor:
  Light
  Dark to mid shade of green
  Chest blinkies

2) Blasters:
  Must be of canon style

3) Helmet:
  Boba or Jango style only
  Green dome
  Required colors for face, cheek and brow?

How about what we already know - the brow/face color distinguish rank. - red, orange/yellow,etc..... and white cheeks! :D

4) Flightsuit:
  Green or Gray Boba or Jango style?

Green, olive or Boba blue-grey flightsuit

shin & thigh pockets?
(I don't think the pockets should be required, but strongly suggested.)

Should have thigh and shin pockets.

Half sleeves?

I vote yes for half sleeves over the long sleeves.

5) Ammo belt:
  Boba or jango style ammo belt?  
  (I honestly don't think this should be required style, but rather material. Pouches to me should be leather or faux leather.)

The MP / JP belts should be similar to Boba's at least, since they are all based off of him.

6) Girth belt:
   ? ? ?   (I agree with Boklast that there should be a girth, just not nesessarily red.)

Red for JP. MP ?

7) Boots:
  Boba or Jango?  (The Boba style are availible at current from MoW...the jango style...not so much. Not sure if this should be required.)

crow62 is working on accurate Jango boots. MOW is also working on them. A cheap alternative could be TK boots painted the correct colors since Boba's were slip-on too?

8. Jetpack:
  If used - Boba or Jango styles

9) Vest:
  Boba or Jango style
 Green, gray, or natual?

Not sure.....

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2011, 04:44 PM by Gesai Boklast » Logged

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
« Reply #314 on: Aug 02, 2011, 04:49 PM »
Helmet:

I can agree with the white cheeks, but as for the brow area being rank display...we really don't know for a fact, just close guessing. We do know what colors have been seen, so restrict to those? Red, Blue, Yellow, and Orange?

Flight suit:

That restricts to a Boba style suit, which makes sense as we're saying no to Jango style armor. I say no to the thigh pockets as my kit they wouldn't work because of the thigh mounted holster I wear. I'll go with whatever though. I say yes on the half sleeves as well.

Ammo belt:

I'm going to go back and look at the reference material to see what the ammo belts look like there before I sya one way or the other.

Boots:

MoW boots are perfect, I've owned two pairs now and love 'em. I forgot Crow62 was working on the Jango boots, but until I actually see them up for sale I'm not holding my breath, but again, as we're steering away from Jango style armor for MP's...

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hondo Karr

« Reply #315 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:07 PM »
Here would be my recommendations. See whatyou all think...

1) Armor:
  Light coverage
  mid green/matte finish primary armor color
  secondary colors of red, yello/orange or blue ONLY may be used on shoulders, knee's and gauntlets
  Chest blinkies (optional but highly encouraged (simply isnt enough comic reference to say they are a must))

2) Blasters:
  Canon style, Era appropriate weapon (question say some used an E-11 or EE-3 as a base but customized it to their liking and carry preference but, it's still clearly based on that weapon. Would that be a go?)

3) Helmet:
  Boba or Jango style only, with standard earcaps. Standard RF required.
  Mid green base color.
 Brow and mandibles MUST be red, yellow/orange or blue ONLY.
A secondary trim color may be used and may be any colors. Not required.
White cheeks are encouraged but not required.

4) Flightsuit:
Mid green, light or dark grey Fett style flightsuit with dual sleeves.
Thigh and shin pockets are recommended , not required.
Ankle or full spats, matching the flightsuits color required.

5) Ammo belt:
Fett style, multi pouch ammo belt required. Colors optional
(would the famous Suzy's Surpplus pouches be an acceptable altenative? They have the same overall design and appearance when assembled. Not an exact match but close enough on a non face character to not be a kit killer in appearance)

6) Girth belt:
Waist wrap, sash or girthbelt required. Colors optional

7) Boots:
Any laceless boots

8. Jetpack:
 Required (there are non canon references of a fully kitted Mp without one)

9) Vest:
  Boba or Jango style
colors should be similar to the flightsuit.

10. Brigade sigil must be worn on the right chestplate. Clan sigil may be worn on the left shoulder plate. No other sigils, stripping or markings are allowed. If a member is the receipiant of the Ori'ramkad Award, it may be worn as appropriate on the armor.

MP sigil:

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
« Reply #316 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:21 PM »
Ankle or full spats, matching the flightsuits color required.

9) Vest:
  colors should be similar to the flightsuit.

Looking at Boba references, his vest and spats are different from his flight suit, though again I need to go back at look at the comic references too.

5) Ammo belt:
Fett style, multi pouch ammo belt required. Colors optional

As I said previously, multiple pouches in leather or faux-leather. So yes, the mauser pouches would work IMHO.

Boots:
Any laceless boots

I dunno about any...what about a "reasonable facsimile of a Boba style boot". And what about toe spikes?

Jetpack:

*sigh* Yes, I think it should be required...I hate that I agree with that as it means I finally have to give in and get one.

Sigils:

I would think the Brigade would go on the shoulder bell and the clan on the chest plate....but then I'm known to get things backwards sometimes.

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Spanner Murraan

• the Big Stick
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #317 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:24 PM »
I dont know about this brigade, but I am putting my brigade symbol on my helmet, as it seems Mandos like to convey things with their noggins (IE: Fi's Wounded Veteran sigil, Boba's kill stripes).

"what in the samhell is a Puma?"

Hondo Karr

« Reply #318 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:25 PM »
Spats and vest, similar don't have to be the same. For example on Boba there is a shading difference but not so bold as black on gray etc.

Ammo belt, sounds reasonable to me

Boots:

I just don't want to see people have to be locked into buying or making MOW boots when comic references can be a bit ambigeous.

Perhaps... similar style ankle boot ?

Jetpack: yeah, kinda like the TCW Deathwatch, there may be a handful of jetpackless frames of art  BUT, none of those frames represent a "battle" enviroment or a fully kitted warrior. Being that fully kitted warriors  are only seen with the jetpack I think it needs to be added.

Sigils...

Probably right on that one.

@Spanner, that's wear I wear mine as well for pretty much teh same reason! Here I am, deal with it! LOL
 For the canon cnetric area's they need to follow the format as seen.

Allfather

• Reconciler
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #319 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:31 PM »
Hahaha...guess I'll join the "out" group on this one, too.

No canon weapon (although it has been called a cannon :P)
Black flight suit
Too much armor
Heavy motorcross boots

I'm diggin my kit the way it is and never really made it to join a brigade anyway, so nothing big here.

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Hondo Karr

« Reply #320 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:33 PM »
You may fit the True Mando group?

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
« Reply #321 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:38 PM »
Boots:

I can see what you're saying. And I can go with an ankle boot deal. Toe spikes? I know they aren't always shown, but I think that's more due to lazy artists.

Oh, and what about the gloves and half cape?

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #322 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:51 PM »
I may have to be out on it. :(      I have a black leather vest and no boba/jango sleeves :(

Allfather

• Reconciler
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #323 on: Aug 02, 2011, 06:05 PM »
You may fit the True Mando group?

Honestly, I'll probably stay out of the brigades. At least till things get all settled down. Although, if I get a couple things done, my kit may fit better in the heavy weapons area  :)

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

JR

• Jaro Ramikad
« Reply #324 on: Aug 02, 2011, 06:50 PM »
I dont know about this brigade, but I am putting my brigade symbol on my helmet, as it seems Mandos like to convey things with their noggins (IE: Fi's Wounded Veteran sigil, Boba's kill stripes).

How do y'all feel about an additional sigil on a Canon bucket to identify the wearer?

WIP: www.goo.gl/WhPpc
Helmet 50/50% www.goo.gl/fHFE0
Soft Parts 70% www.goo.gl/hSMyM
Armor 75% www.goo.gl/JTtNO
Gaunts 100% www.goo.gl/NvRA6
Weapons 85% www.goo.gl/7JEef
Backpack 50% www.goo.gl/0CwLn
Droid 20% www.goo.gl/yisvW

"Nan utreekove ber, kisol kyrayc." : www.goo.gl/zXZBx

My website: http://novothule.com

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!