Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bacta Pack and Stim Shot Concept Designs

• 26 Replies

Gaanla par Tal

• Chosen for Blood
Bacta Pack and Stim Shot Concept Designs
« on: Aug 23, 2010, 03:52 PM »
Concept Designs using Microsoft paint.  As posted earlier at

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=11532.825

Chase

Jarus Cro

• I reject your reality, and substitute my own!!!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Bacta Pack and Stim Shot Concept Designs
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2010, 04:06 PM »
Me likey  ;D  I was thinking about doing something similar with the gun idea, but i was thinking about using a simple bacta cartridge insert instead of the tank.  But the design you have looks awesome ner'vod!!!  Can't wait to see how it turns out!

"Guns run out of ammo, and then all you got is an elaborate little piece of junk that don't kill nothing.  Knives on the other hand never run outta ways to kill.  Remember, a knife always cuts.  Always."  -Jarus Cro-
 MAJIC 007
 MERC 0535

Praetor Ordo

• Ibic cuyi haar yusta
« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2010, 05:07 PM »
For the bacta, I have thought that the best stuff to use would be hand sanitizer.  It is gel and does not look like water.  It sloshes and bubbles nicely in it if you add a battery powered fish tank air thingy.  It is a thick medium and would take a couple of blue LEDs nicely.  Finally, it won't grow algae or mold or anything else.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2010, 05:35 PM »
But it is alcohol based and will evaporate VERY quickly if exposed to air.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 23, 2010, 07:20 PM »
Swarfega would do the trick .

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #5 on: Aug 23, 2010, 07:35 PM »
Dish soap.  Additional benefit is that it's usually already colored.

Gaanla par Tal

• Chosen for Blood
« Reply #6 on: Aug 23, 2010, 07:59 PM »
battery acid...

what?

jk

Chase

Sinclair Reau

• Big Damn Heroes, sir
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Aug 23, 2010, 08:44 PM »
I was thinking corn syrup... I used corn syrup and red dye for my first pack. Just need water proof the container and window, if you had one.

....it would be sticky lol

« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2010, 08:46 PM by Sinclair Reau » Logged
"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #8 on: Aug 23, 2010, 11:38 PM »
Orikad's idea of dish soap would be better because it is inert.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Zohar Nef

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Aug 23, 2010, 11:43 PM »
Try tonic water, if you put a uv led under it the liquid will glow,  and it is drinkable so you could have something to drink too.

There is no problem in life that can not be solved through the proper aplication of high explosives.

Gaanla par Tal

• Chosen for Blood
« Reply #10 on: Aug 24, 2010, 07:12 AM »
were slowly degenerating to more liquild based and not gel based.  I'm just waiting for the next person to say "No! use water!!"
lol

I thought of hair gel because it actually has bubbles suspended in it, giving the illuminated fluid more contrast, but not so much to overpower the whole idea.  I'll give a few of the ideas a try before I pick my product.

Chase

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #11 on: Aug 24, 2010, 10:46 AM »
You need to also note that liquid is going to be really heavy.  I know one of our old medics Cerjo Aclos uses a colored liquid in his bacta backpack and it weighs like 15lbs. 

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Aug 24, 2010, 10:47 AM »
How about just blue acrylic plastic lit from behind?  Doesn't give the effect of liquid, but doesn't leak and doesn't weigh the pack down like liquid/gel would.

Gaanla par Tal

• Chosen for Blood
« Reply #13 on: Aug 24, 2010, 08:26 PM »
You need to also note that liquid is going to be really heavy.  I know one of our old medics Cerjo Aclos uses a colored liquid in his bacta backpack and it weighs like 15lbs. 

How about just blue acrylic plastic lit from behind?  Doesn't give the effect of liquid, but doesn't leak and doesn't weigh the pack down like liquid/gel would.

Good Points both.  AA and myself have both done some extensive backpacking in the past.  I'm planning on keeping the bottles small, however the only real issue besides leaking is having that kind of weight centered on your shoulders, not your hip where it should rest.  When we go backpacking we always store our water at the bottom of our packs and keep it balanced around our hip.

Chase

Praetor Ordo

• Ibic cuyi haar yusta
« Reply #14 on: Aug 25, 2010, 04:06 AM »
Um, what about a fake bottle?  Take the larger bottle (like a clear sports bottle) and glue a smaller clear bottle inside of it.  Then, when you fill the larger bottle, it will look full with just a fraction of the weight.

And, as for the hand-sanitizer evaporating, just keep it sealed and the stuff won't evaporate.

Gaanla par Tal

• Chosen for Blood
« Reply #15 on: Aug 25, 2010, 06:53 AM »
Um, what about a fake bottle?  Take the larger bottle (like a clear sports bottle) and glue a smaller clear bottle inside of it. 

The LED light would illuminate both bottles exposing that there's a 2nd bottle, imo appearing tacky

Chase
« Reply #16 on: Aug 25, 2010, 07:16 AM »
Just build a small square plastic container for the backpack, maybe 4 inches x 4 inches (or just over window size) x 1 inch. You get all the liquid looks without much weight.

Rejoice, for very bad things are about to happen. - Richard the Warlock

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #17 on: Aug 25, 2010, 08:56 AM »
The only problem with liquid is even if you caulk up the boxes/bottles/containers, with heat and cold the liquid inside (and the air inside) wants to expand and contract.  It WILL leak at some point.  I would avoid liquids altogether and look at alternate means.

Gaanla par Tal

• Chosen for Blood
« Reply #18 on: Aug 25, 2010, 11:23 AM »
...with heat and cold the liquid inside (and the air inside) wants to expand and contract.  It WILL leak at some point.

See kids, this is why u pay attention in school.
I once had the very same issue out in Denver, CO where the ground would expand and compact the internet cable, which mind u, they never layed in pvc, just a loose wire running to the complex.

Chase

Aayhan be Akaan

• We'll have to go to... LUDICROUS SPEED!!!
« Reply #19 on: Sep 23, 2010, 05:45 PM »
See kids, this is why u pay attention in school.
I once had the very same issue out in Denver, CO where the ground would expand and compact the internet cable, which mind u, they never layed in pvc, just a loose wire running to the complex.

That sucked, when our internet kept screwing up...

SO how about a holoprojector to make it look like water?
HEH.
No, really, get some stuff that mimics water, slip it into your "bottles", then build around it.

-AA

Armor - 40%
Main hand weapon - 100%
Off hand weapon - 40%
Soft parts - 30%
Bucket - 11%

[/u
« Reply #20 on: Sep 23, 2010, 07:12 PM »
Acrylic water or floral setting resin... Light weight, moderate price, dries solid, can be dyed with food coloring or model paint. And no sweating/evap issues.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

Gaanla par Tal

• Chosen for Blood
« Reply #21 on: Sep 23, 2010, 07:17 PM »
Acrylic water or floral setting resin... Light weight, moderate price, dries solid, can be dyed with food coloring or model paint. And no sweating/evap issues.

^^^ Second that.  Good stuff and light weight

Chase
« Reply #22 on: Sep 23, 2010, 07:18 PM »
And if you wait until it's juuuust about fully hardened but barely on the liquid side of a jello consistency, i'm told you can blow bubbles into it and they should stay like that!

To the OP: You should submit this to the Medic Bridgades WIP collection so we can monitor it!

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violation of the Mandalorian Mercs Codex.

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #23 on: Sep 23, 2010, 08:32 PM »
I used two-part liquid epoxy from loc-tite, I mixed it really fast to get the bubbles then used a green led to illuminate it from inside. This was a syringe though, not as large as a bottle.

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Gaanla par Tal

• Chosen for Blood
« Reply #24 on: Sep 24, 2010, 01:16 PM »
To the OP: You should submit this to the Medic Bridgades WIP collection so we can monitor it!

I need my back plate first so i can figure out how to mount it to that.  instead of running with additional straps, I'm gonna try it with a mount system first.  I'm order some of Vod K'raam's metal armor, so i think the back plate will hold up to the light stress if i connect it to the plate itself. 

Now just gotta figure how to keep the back plate on in such a way the weight of the light backpack won't pull it down.

Chase

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!