Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

RC-ish looking backpack (ysalamir support pack)

• 34 Replies

Kav'an Hatfield

• Old Man from Naast
Re: RC-ish looking backpack (ysalamir support pack)
« Reply #25 on: Feb 08, 2011, 09:51 PM »
ahem....PM sent. 

Owner of Last Minute Gimmicks. Maker of Latex Masks.
« Reply #26 on: Mar 01, 2012, 05:00 PM »
Updates?
Hmmm...... Bearded Dragon, there's an idea, when the weathers nice enough my "Boba" can go trooping too ;)

Johan Kordav

• i just realized, im madalorian i dont need to care
« Reply #27 on: Mar 01, 2012, 11:14 PM »
Unfortunately i didnt have the time to work on this so i donated the pack to another merc

i shall follow mandalore in to battle and should he fall i will take his blaster his bucket and his name and fight on.

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #28 on: Mar 24, 2012, 11:58 PM »
Some Sandblasted grapevine would work excellently as a substitute for Olbio wood.  it is very strong, and light, and can be found at any good pet store in the reptile section.

I also plan on making an Ysalamir to carry with me, maybe using some puppetry to make his head move or his eyes blink.

I cant wait to see how this turns out.
Just do what I'm planning on doing- making a little porta-cage for a ferret, then attaching it to a backpack.  Ferret, ysalamiri, same thing...

JR

• Jaro Ramikad
« Reply #29 on: Mar 25, 2012, 12:36 AM »
Ferret = furball
Ysalamiri = ball of scales

WIP: www.goo.gl/WhPpc
Helmet 50/50% www.goo.gl/fHFE0
Soft Parts 70% www.goo.gl/hSMyM
Armor 75% www.goo.gl/JTtNO
Gaunts 100% www.goo.gl/NvRA6
Weapons 85% www.goo.gl/7JEef
Backpack 50% www.goo.gl/0CwLn
Droid 20% www.goo.gl/yisvW

"Nan utreekove ber, kisol kyrayc." : www.goo.gl/zXZBx

My website: http://novothule.com

ca_kormk

• im crazy and i know it
« Reply #30 on: Apr 17, 2012, 08:17 PM »
Ferret = furball
Ysalamiri = ball of scales

he could use it as some sort of sub-species or it could be geniticly modified ysalamari

« Reply #31 on: Jul 29, 2012, 10:54 AM »
I was thinking of trying to sculpt a ysalamir and cast it in a gel like rubber. (Remember "Boglins", back in the 80's?) And if memory serves, the ysalamir was detatched from the Olbio using a method Thrawn learned from Mercs/Smugglers of Talon Karrde? The Back pack replaced the Olbio limb as the life support system.

I thought a cool variant, although VERY heavy would be a fish tank like pack with bubbles emitting from the bottom and the ysalamir floating in the middle with tubes and things like Weapon X, or Luke in the Bacta Tank.
One way this could be accomplished would be to use a very thin tank maybe just a centimeter or two of water for bubbles and a thin light. The rubber ysalamir suspended in a compartment on the other side of the tank, giving the illusion of being submerged. 

Anyway that's just my two-cents, and my wacky brain talking.  Looks like a great pack you got there!

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #32 on: Aug 08, 2012, 10:12 PM »
This is super cool.  I'll be following this thread with interest.

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #33 on: Aug 10, 2012, 08:46 AM »
Unfortunately the pack has been handed over to me as Johan said he didn't think he could finish it.  I'm going to be using it for a backpack for my legacy kit.  It's currently sitting in my basement awaiting work.

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #34 on: Aug 10, 2012, 02:27 PM »
Well, you know... as long as we get to see it finished... ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!