Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mando Pilot

• 53 Replies

Dar'manda

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 267th Rapid Assault Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Mando Pilot
« on: Sep 08, 2010, 09:11 PM »
So it was a bit rushed, some corners were cut, but I got it where I could wear it at dragon con.  I didn't get get pics myself of it, but these were some pics other people got of it thus far.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Mando Pilot
« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2010, 09:15 PM »
That has got to be the single greatest conceptual mando I have yet seen! The bar has been re-set to a new level. Your new kit is sharp, clean in line and form, and stands out as a singularly specialized suit with out sacrificing any of it's 'mando-ness'.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Galen Skirata

• Vode An
« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2010, 09:45 PM »
incredibly awesome ner vod

Galen Marith-Skirata

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2010, 09:54 PM »
Pure AWESOME vod! I might have to take some inspiration from this for my next set  ;)

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2010, 09:56 PM »
OOOOHHHHH, mando flight team! How do you say Thunderbirds in mando'a?

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Arketh

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 2010, 09:58 PM »
That's a pretty slick kit. I seen that and had to take a look at your helmet thread just to see how you did it all up.

"You know, that's not a good idea. Let me get my camera."

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Sep 09, 2010, 12:44 AM »
Very cool and to the point!

"And what have we learned?"]
Sorry I'm not around much anymore, life is very busy for me at the moment. . .
M.A.J.I.C. #103
A new WIP will be posted eventually. . .

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 2010, 01:21 AM »
That has got to be the single greatest conceptual mando I have yet seen! The bar has been re-set to a new level. Your new kit is sharp, clean in line and form, and stands out as a singularly specialized suit with out sacrificing any of it's 'mando-ness'.

Jerek put it best so ditto :)

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Rego Kezz

• "Game Over!"
« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2010, 01:49 AM »
I couldn't even imagine how a Mando pilot would look like. But looking at the pictures now, all i can say is "WOW!" :o

It looks fantastic.

Darman_Skirata

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Sep 09, 2010, 01:58 AM »
this is amazing, you've definately set the standard for a Mandalorian Pilot Kit, awesome job! love the stance in the second pic

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
« Reply #10 on: Sep 09, 2010, 02:20 AM »
I think you just set a whole new standard vod.  Excellent work!

Those who wander aren't always lost.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #11 on: Sep 09, 2010, 07:45 AM »
very cool  ;)

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Sep 09, 2010, 08:49 AM »
Now that I see the whole thing...WOW! This is an awesome job! I love the attention to detail with the mix of X-wing pilot parts in Mando colors.

Definitely a new level reached, ner vod!

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Shevla Ram'ser

• Osik, they have a tank...
« Reply #13 on: Sep 09, 2010, 04:58 PM »
now now guys, theres a post up in the lounge to request translations ;-)

great.... now i have to build something as cool as THAT if i want to make it in ;-) 

awesome kit Lonewolf. :D kandosii

"If it's 'NERF or nothing' , I choose nothing..."

Jerek Darr

« Reply #14 on: Sep 09, 2010, 07:22 PM »
Orar = thunder, apparently the only bird on Mandalore is a hawk. Unless anyone has a newer version of the K.T. dictionary.  :-[

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #15 on: Sep 09, 2010, 07:33 PM »

ow!... I think I just broke my jaw hinge!

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Corvax

« Reply #16 on: Sep 09, 2010, 10:52 PM »
Looks awesome!

But uh... there's no armor on the lower body so...  ;)

- Founder and Supreme Leader of the "Legion Of Snarky Troopers", LOST. -
"If  you whine long enough, someone will eventually hear you. If you keep whining after you're heard, someone will eventually shoot you."

pinocchio

• The Biscalor
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #17 on: Sep 09, 2010, 11:00 PM »
man I loved seeing this at DCon and the weathering you did on McCoy was top notch, and the fact that you did it in a Captain America costume...WIN.

COMPLAINING DOES NOT GIVE YOU POWER, BUT CREATING WILL.

Rego Kezz

• "Game Over!"
« Reply #18 on: Sep 10, 2010, 10:57 AM »
Looks awesome!

But uh... there's no armor on the lower body so...  ;)

I think, there's no need to protect your "family jewels" when sitting in a cockpit of a spaceship.  ;) I agree with everone else here when i say "you really reached  next level".

Jerek Darr

« Reply #19 on: Sep 10, 2010, 04:11 PM »
I think, there's no need to protect your "family jewels" when sitting in a cockpit of a spaceship.  ;) I agree with everone else here when i say "you really reached  next level".
Certainly if the pilot in question is flying a Bes'ulik, the whole skin of the ship is a beskar alloy!

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

Corvax

« Reply #20 on: Sep 10, 2010, 04:31 PM »
The whole  ;) was a joke.  Came up in a thread when he was developing it all. 

- Founder and Supreme Leader of the "Legion Of Snarky Troopers", LOST. -
"If  you whine long enough, someone will eventually hear you. If you keep whining after you're heard, someone will eventually shoot you."

Jerek Darr

« Reply #21 on: Sep 10, 2010, 04:37 PM »
I know, I followed that thread, my comment is for those who did not and WILL question the acceptability of no plates below the waist.   ;)

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #22 on: Sep 10, 2010, 04:44 PM »
I really need to get pics of my Mando pilot to distract attention from the people going "that doesn't meet CRL" when it's not meant to.

Now that your armor's all put together... you've outdone me... except the helmet... Mine's not done yet.

Cando Pax

• Legacy
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #23 on: Sep 10, 2010, 05:10 PM »
They should definatly have pilots in  the Brigades.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #24 on: Sep 10, 2010, 06:33 PM »
There will be.  If it's not in the pipeline already, I've got some starting plans for one.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!