Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

True Mandalorians

• 136 Replies

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
Re: True Mandalorians
« Reply #100 on: Aug 02, 2011, 10:01 AM »
Wow Taglar.... why post that if you are not even an MP / canon character? We're talking canon HERE first, not the other 98% of the Mercs.

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #101 on: Aug 02, 2011, 10:02 AM »
Not that I'm planning, at this stage, to do an MP/JP whatever, but I thought I'd throw my two Aussie cents in ;)

I like the idea of having as much canon involved as possible, but not to the point of just being Fett repaints. So for example, if it's Boba plates and Boba gaunts, what about someone who has everything else right but has Jango plates etc?

An emphasis on canon parts is good. Bok's list is pretty good. I see myself cringe at the "definative paints" bit though.

If it came down to that, it should be "Green" not "Krylon Fusion Forest Green" or whatever - have some flexibility in the shades. Fluro green can stay away though!

Also, I feel that it shouldn't be "this part Green, this part white" but more, "Green should be the prominent colour of the armour. White, red, blue and orange/yellow can be used as accent colours" That should keep Kel happy at least ;)

There is also the question of canon when it comes to blasters - will that be confined to screen used blasters by all characters, or only Fett, or open to the weapons used in the comics by MP's, or simply any weapon that exists with a visual reference in the EU? I can't see an MP carrying an E-11 as a main weapon, nor a Naboo shiny blaster. But say an Imperial Repeater from Dark Forces? Heck yes.

I like the Boba coverage with Boba flightsuit, there's enough examples of that. Standard Fett helmet, yes - mine would not pass, even repainted. Fett style boots? I dunno - but toe spikes, a must.

Anywhoo that's my thoughts.

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
« Reply #102 on: Aug 02, 2011, 10:09 AM »
Right there with you Point. What you are saying is a more explained version of my post.

Fett meaning Boba & Jango. Canon weapons meaning all of SW.

The main paint being "green" a not a certain shade is what I am talking about. I still stand behind white cheeks though! ;)

Jare Hasan

• Clan Murraan PR Officer
« Reply #103 on: Aug 02, 2011, 10:14 AM »

I like the idea of having as much canon involved as possible, but not to the point of just being Fett repaints. So for example, if it's Boba plates and Boba gaunts, what about someone who has everything else right but has Jango plates etc?

An emphasis on canon parts is good. Bok's list is pretty good. I see myself cringe at the "definative paints" bit though.

If it came down to that, it should be "Green" not "Krylon Fusion Forest Green" or whatever - have some flexibility in the shades. Fluro green can stay away though!

Also, I feel that it shouldn't be "this part Green, this part white" but more, "Green should be the prominent colour of the armour. White, red, blue and orange/yellow can be used as accent colours" That should keep Kel happy at least ;)

There is also the question of canon when it comes to blasters - will that be confined to screen used blasters by all characters, or only Fett, or open to the weapons used in the comics by MP's, or simply any weapon that exists with a visual reference in the EU? I can't see an MP carrying an E-11 as a main weapon, nor a Naboo shiny blaster. But say an Imperial Repeater from Dark Forces? Heck yes.

I like the Boba coverage with Boba flightsuit, there's enough examples of that. Standard Fett helmet, yes - mine would not pass, even repainted. Fett style boots? I dunno - but toe spikes, a must.

We should all be Fett repaints to some extent...that's what looks good and that's what is recognizable as Mandalorian.  In my opinion.  Lookit my kit, is that a Jango repaint?  I've got a Boba style vest with Jango style plates that have been tweaked to look more like the comic book representation (Of course, I'm a True Mando, not an MP).

When you get to (what was IN CANON) a military squad like the MPs, definitive colors have to apply, and definitive color placement has to apply.  That's the thing about MPs, they had a UNIFORM that was UNIFORM.  There were slight differences (jetpacks, gauntlets, belts) shown in the comics, and those are the parts that should show our "custom" side without going completely crazy.  Gaunts shouldn't have to be strictly Fett style.  Fenn Shysa had blasters mounted on his wrists, and he was an MP.   It sounds a lot more restrictive than it really turns out to be.  Catal can attest to how much freedom to customize he ultimately had/has in his kit.

And, at the end of the day, it just looks a lot more badass to have a canon-looking TM/MP.   Again, in my opinion.

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2011, 10:16 AM by Jare Hasan » Logged
There's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #104 on: Aug 02, 2011, 10:27 AM »
Lots of good ideas floating around here, but this is not the Mandalorian Protector thread. The last several posts have been in regards to MPs, starting from a slight derailment a page or so back. Take the MP discussion to the MP thread folks, and go back to discussing the True Mandalorians here.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
« Reply #105 on: Aug 02, 2011, 10:31 AM »
Is it possible to move the current page or two into the MP thread? Lots of good info!

Jare Hasan

« Reply #106 on: Aug 02, 2011, 10:33 AM »
Shoot, my bad.  I thought this was just general Canon Brigade discussion.  :-[

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #107 on: Aug 02, 2011, 10:37 AM »
I think there is some good info here and I think you all will like what we've come up with.

As for requireing Fett gaunts, I am against that for the reasons of physical reference in Open Seasons and the Marvel Comics. Those are clearly not Fett style gaunts. they are much simpler. I think Fett style gaunts are great but, I support a custom gaunt if someone wants them.

As for the sigils. There will be a brigade sigil. However, canon face characters, even those without a current written CRL should adhere to the canon artwork. They get in based on being a canon face character, they don't need to take their kit out of compliance by adding a not neccesarily seen on them sigil.

Canon weapons will be required in the canon brigade. No Nerfs here sorry. Not only canon but, Era appropriate. In other words, if you're a True Mando, Clone blasters won't work. No E-11's etc. Your weapons should reflect the timeline your character is in.

Slade will be getting our preliminary requirement list up soon. Not sure if it will be set in stone or open to discussion, that's Slade's call but, I am sure that people will be primarily happy with them.

Gesai Primax

• Death becomes you
« Reply #108 on: Aug 02, 2011, 10:39 AM »
Awesome Falin! :)

Jare Hasan

« Reply #109 on: Aug 02, 2011, 01:18 PM »
So...are we just lumping in TM/OSDW/MP under one brigade?

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #110 on: Aug 02, 2011, 01:21 PM »
No, each group will be it's own brigade.  The boards are already set up, we're just waiting on finishing up the requirement info before we make them live.

So...are we just lumping in TM/OSDW/MP under one brigade?

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Jare Hasan

« Reply #111 on: Aug 02, 2011, 01:23 PM »
No, each group will be it's own brigade.  The boards are already set up, we're just waiting on finishing up the requirement info before we make them live.

Okay, cool.  You can't learn if you don't ask.  :)

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #112 on: Aug 02, 2011, 02:25 PM »
No worries man, that's why I'm here...to provide answers.  :D

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #113 on: Aug 02, 2011, 02:35 PM »
^ He's like Google and Radio shack that way.

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.
« Reply #114 on: Aug 02, 2011, 03:49 PM »
Lots of good ideas floating around here, but this is not the Mandalorian Protector thread. The last several posts have been in regards to MPs, starting from a slight derailment a page or so back. Take the MP discussion to the MP thread folks, and go back to discussing the True Mandalorians here.
This is why I gave up on the whole mess.

Founder of M.A.N.T.A
Mandalorians Against Ninja Theme Armor

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #115 on: Aug 02, 2011, 03:51 PM »
Wow Taglar.... why post that if you are not even an MP / canon character? We're talking canon HERE first, not the other 98% of the Mercs.

I was referring to this comment:

I guess think of this as a pilot program for the rest of the boards?  Once everyone else sees how awesome we look in our canon gear, they'll all want more canon gear, and eventually all of us will look awesome?

Which I know was just a joke.  I was just sayin...I'm not one who's going to be swayed to canon. :P LOL

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #116 on: Aug 02, 2011, 03:55 PM »
This is why I gave up on the whole mess.

I think/hope once the actual requirement list goes up, it will clarify things alot and make it easier for folks.

Ca'tal

• Clan Scyk
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Most invasions trooped in 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #117 on: Aug 02, 2011, 03:57 PM »
Come to the canon side...we have...frosty beverages. LOL

“Morale is born of loyalty, patriotism, discipline, and efficiency, all of which breed confidence in self and in comrades…Morale is at one and the same time the strongest, and the most delicate of growths. It withstands shocks, even disasters of the battlefield, but can be destroyed utterly by favoritism, neglect, or injustice.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

My opinions are stated as my own. If you disagree with them feel free to disregard them. They are after all...opinions.

Hondo Karr

« Reply #118 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:15 PM »
A projected list for True Mandalorians...

Here would be my recommendations. See whatyou all think...

1) Armor:
  Medium coverage
  mid green/matte finish, light matte gray or silver primary armor color
  secondary colors of red, yello/orange or blue ONLY may be used on shoulders, knee's and gauntlets
  Standard Fett style armor, segemented backplate, as seen in Open Season, may be worn in lieu of Fett style backplate
those with red or blue visor trim may utilized a the red or yellow < >, [  ] or (  ) command markings on the chest plates

2) Blasters:
  Canon style, Era appropriate weapon (question say some used an E-11 or EE-3 as a base but customized it to their liking and carry preference but, it's still clearly based on that weapon. Would that be a go?)

3) Helmet:
  Boba or Jango style only, with standard earcaps. Standard RF required.
Open Seasons style earcaps required
  Base color must match the armor color
 Brow and mandibles MUST be red, yellow/orange or blue ONLY.
A secondary trim color may be used and may be any colors. Not required.
White cheeks are encouraged but not required.

4) Flightsuit:
Light or dark grey or blue Fett style flightsuit with dual sleeves.

5) Ammo belt:
Fett style, multi pouch ammo belt required. Colors optional
(would the famous Suzy's Surpplus pouches be an acceptable altenative? They have the same overall design and appearance when assembled. Not an exact match but close enough on a non face character to not be a kit killer in appearance)

6) Girth belt:
waist wrap, bolo belt, girthbelt or sash required, colors optional

7) Boots:
Any laceless boots, must have boot armro

8. Jetpack:
Optional

9) Vest:
  Boba or Jango style
colors should be similar to the flightsuit.

10. Brigade sigil must be worn on either the right or left or both shoulder plates (clan sigil and brigade sigils may each be worn one on each shoudler plate. No other sigils, stripping or markings are allowed. If a member is the receipiant of the Ori'ramkad Award, it may be worn as appropriate on the armor.

TM sigil:

Jare Hasan

« Reply #119 on: Aug 02, 2011, 06:09 PM »
Suggestions in italics

A projected list for True Mandalorians...

Here would be my recommendations. See whatyou all think...

1) Armor:
  Medium coverage
  mid green/matte finish, light matte gray or silver primary armor color
I found a pretty good match to the grey armor depicted in OS is Testors Model masters Panzer Grey.
 secondary colors of red, yello/orange or blue ONLY may be used on shoulders, knee's and gauntlets
  Standard Fett style armor, segemented backplate, as seen in Open Season, may be worn in lieu of Fett style backplate
those with red or blue visor trim may utilized a the red or yellow < >, [  ] or (  ) command markings on the chest plates
Those markings were to denote squads, and all the squad members had them, not just command.

2) Blasters:
  Canon style, Era appropriate weapon (question say some used an E-11 or EE-3 as a base but customized it to their liking and carry preference but, it's still clearly based on that weapon. Would that be a go?)
I used my EE-1s, I'd think any canon blaster that wasn't a clone blaster or an E-11w ould be good.

3) Helmet:
  Boba or Jango style only, with standard earcaps. Standard RF required.
Open Seasons style earcaps required
I'd say use OS ears if you want, otherwise, standard earcaps should be fine...
 Base color must match the armor color
 Brow and mandibles MUST be red, yellow/orange or blue ONLY.
A secondary trim color may be used and may be any colors. Not required.
White cheeks are encouraged but not required.
white cheeks weren't used at all in Open Seasons.  That is a MP-only thing.

4) Flightsuit:
Light or dark grey or blue Fett style flightsuit with dual sleeves.
or OD green  Jango and some other grunts had green suits.  I wouldn't require the double sleeve, but strongly encourage it.

5) Ammo belt:
Fett style, multi pouch ammo belt required. Colors optional
(would the famous Suzy's Surpplus pouches be an acceptable altenative? They have the same overall design and appearance when assembled. Not an exact match but close enough on a non face character to not be a kit killer in appearance)
I would think that any belt with pouches should be fine, as long as it's leather and not web gear.  A wide variation of ammo belts are shown in OS.

6) Girth belt:
waist wrap, bolo belt, girthbelt or sash required, colors optional

7) Boots:
Any laceless boots, must have boot armro

8. Jetpack:
Optional

9) Vest:
  Boba or Jango style
colors should be similar to the flightsuit.
 neckseal of some type should also be required.

10. Brigade sigil must be worn on either the right or left or both shoulder plates (clan sigil and brigade sigils may each be worn one on each shoudler plate. No other sigils, stripping or markings are allowed. If a member is the receipiant of the Ori'ramkad Award, it may be worn as appropriate on the armor.

TM sigil:

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2011, 06:12 PM by Jare Hasan » Logged

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #120 on: Aug 02, 2011, 06:42 PM »
Come to the canon side...we have...frosty beverages. LOL

Can I come tooooo?

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Jare Hasan

« Reply #121 on: Aug 02, 2011, 06:49 PM »
A couple of suggestions I forgot:  gauntlets should encircle the entire forearm and be a reasonable copy of what's shown in the comics. Also, NO SPORTS ARMOR.

Dresdon Acacin

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #122 on: Aug 02, 2011, 06:58 PM »
idk if you've seen mine, but they're.....difrent...

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Jare Hasan

« Reply #123 on: Aug 02, 2011, 07:07 PM »
idk if you've seen mine, but they're.....difrent...

Your...?

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #124 on: Aug 02, 2011, 07:15 PM »
Gauntlets srry-links in my signature

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!