Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

True Mandalorians

• 136 Replies

No'saj Huune

• Nomad in Killeen/Ft. Hood
Re: True Mandalorians
« Reply #30 on: Sep 18, 2010, 11:21 AM »
I've removed the images so that I may place them within their own topic free of comments so they will be easier to view.  I'll be doing the same with the (Tor) Vizla Deathwatch images as well.  I'll also be re-editing them to give close ups of detailed parts such as the helmet and guants.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Those who wander aren't always lost.

Harro_Jorir'gal

• Hopeless Necromantic
« Reply #31 on: Nov 15, 2010, 07:22 PM »
I've decided to reactivate this since it has been sitting around for quite some time now. Anyone out there actually planning on doing any sort of TM build besides myself?

Founder of M.A.N.T.A
Mandalorians Against Ninja Theme Armor
Speak Mando'a to me and I will punch you between the ischium.

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
« Reply #32 on: Nov 16, 2010, 11:04 PM »
Depends on what the standards end up being... My second kit (but the first one I envisioned, much to my numbering irritation) will be steel darkened a slight bit by blackening compound (enough to make it look aged/darkened, but still steely in colour and shiny, not black). I may do the shoulders in a contrasting colour, but I'm not sure yet. The visor frame will definitely be blue, though. The closest match in what has been sorted out so far would be an early-era TM circa Open Seasons issue 1, but timeline-wise, this armour is going to be post-ROTJ. So... *shrug*

Either way, it's still a good couple years, probably, from being finished. Bits of it I have now, particularly those parts that will be interchangable with my other Mando costume(s), but others will come over the next year, and still others require more equipment and funds than I have right now.

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #33 on: Nov 17, 2010, 10:30 AM »
At this point we have several Jango Fett's and a couple Jaster's in the club but none have stopped in here yet. We have several people who have talked of Montross or TM Grunts. However, I havent seen action in their threads on teh forums for some time.

As Pere said, what are we using here? No one's yet stepped up to take control and start laying it down. We have several people building Mandalorian Protector with trim of blue, yellow and red. They seem kind of like a grey area between MP's and TM's.

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Best Blaster: Pistol is the award for the best pistol. Funny that!
« Reply #34 on: Nov 17, 2010, 10:53 AM »
I was waiting for someone to start this!

What you described was also in the later days of the True Mandalorians after Jango had grown to late teens early twenties. In the early days, they TM's wore silver armor with teh same listed color accents.

One thing too is JP's didnt seem as prevelant with the TM's as with the MP's.

OK, big N00b question, what are JP's?

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

Mullreel

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #35 on: Nov 17, 2010, 10:57 AM »
OK, big N00b question, what are JP's?

JP= Journeyman Protector
TM= True Mandalorians
MP= Mandalorian Protector

All I ever wanted to do was to travel to far off exotic places and meet new and exciting people.........and then kill them.  So I became a mercenary, and I love what I do.

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #36 on: Nov 17, 2010, 10:57 AM »
Journeyman Protectors.  ;)

• Even a Mandalorian can seek inner piece.
« Reply #37 on: Nov 17, 2010, 11:13 AM »
ok im deffinetly thinking of making sever sets of TM armor as i hate the ear caps on the MPs and JPs i love the TM ear caps on the helmets because their so Square and eaier to do xD

Working on a lot of stuff,armor and helmet,armor plates are pretty much made but pleas dont bother me to start a WIP thread as i have taken pictures and will star the WIP when i consider my armor to be at least about 92.82743615% done.
Notification:For future knowledge: pleas just call me 5s or 72:)

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #38 on: Nov 17, 2010, 04:05 PM »
JP in that quote was jetpacks lol.

Harro_Jorir'gal

• Hopeless Necromantic
« Reply #39 on: Nov 17, 2010, 04:10 PM »
ok im deffinetly thinking of making sever sets of TM armor as i hate the ear caps on the MPs and JPs i love the TM ear caps on the helmets because their so Square and eaier to do xD

In all honesty the ear caps on the TM's are  a pain. No one actually produces helmets with them and it involves a lot of cutting on the helmets to get them to sit in right.

As Pere said, what are we using here? No one's yet stepped up to take control and start laying it down. We have several people building Mandalorian Protector with trim of blue, yellow and red. They seem kind of like a grey area between MP's and TM's.

I will try and work something up as far as specifics for them.

Founder of M.A.N.T.A
Mandalorians Against Ninja Theme Armor
Speak Mando'a to me and I will punch you between the ischium.

Mullreel

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Most invasions trooped in 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #40 on: Nov 17, 2010, 04:15 PM »
JP in that quote was jetpacks lol.

Doh :rolleyes:

reading comprehension fail

All I ever wanted to do was to travel to far off exotic places and meet new and exciting people.........and then kill them.  So I became a mercenary, and I love what I do.

• Even a Mandalorian can seek inner piece.
« Reply #41 on: Nov 17, 2010, 04:18 PM »
In all honesty the ear caps on the TM's are  a pain. No one actually produces helmets with them and it involves a lot of cutting on the helmets to get them to sit in right.

in all honesty i dont think their that hard to make,i have made 10 sets of them very easily and i intend to use all 10 on my helmets modeling mine to a picture of a jaster mereel helmet i found on the internet and im very confident that i will have no prolem getting them to sit correctly on my ''bucket helms'',and since you say no one actualy produces helmets with these ear caps i might end up taking it upon my self to fill that void...if i am given the oportunity and if my budget alows me

Working on a lot of stuff,armor and helmet,armor plates are pretty much made but pleas dont bother me to start a WIP thread as i have taken pictures and will star the WIP when i consider my armor to be at least about 92.82743615% done.
Notification:For future knowledge: pleas just call me 5s or 72:)

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Awards Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Best Blaster: Pistol is the award for the best pistol. Funny that!
« Reply #42 on: Nov 17, 2010, 04:20 PM »
Any Pics?  I have been doing some research myself and have several pics to go from, but some real pics would be great!

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

Mullreel

« Reply #43 on: Nov 17, 2010, 04:28 PM »
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f34/jaster-mereel-29774/

look down the thread to post number  12 thru 18

Zedrin Ho'dag

« Reply #44 on: Nov 17, 2010, 04:33 PM »
That is mega sweet!  Although upon looking through some different pics, there seem to be a few different styles of ear pieces that are sported on the True Mandalorian buy'ce.....

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!