Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bio's Overhaulin' - Rebreather Backpack

• 7 Replies

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Bio's Overhaulin' - Rebreather Backpack
« on: Oct 12, 2010, 11:57 PM »
So, this is a new item to the suit. I originally wanted a backpack and hose system on this latest incarnation of my armor, but ended up tossing the idea to make it easier to get done for C5. Now with that over with.... time to bring the idea back to life...

I have hoses from Israeli gas masks, modded the connectors slightly.....

Then I bought this beauty at Walmart for $15. The thing is a tackle box, meant for fishing and such. But I'm going to turn it into an excellent rebreather unit for "hazardous environments and hard vacuum." The hoses will go from the backpack, to the back of my helmet. They freefloat inside the connectors, so they can swivel and bend very easily, allowing the flexibility they'll need.

Pics of what is done so far..... more pics to come as I work on the thing....

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Bio's Overhaulin' - Rebreather Backpack
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2010, 11:59 PM »
Looking fantastic already, great choice for the base!

The Rules and Guides board has everything you need to learn how to utilize the forums!

Does your signature look cut off? Here's why!

Hondo Karr

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Shock Infantry Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2010, 12:00 AM »
Quite interesting.

Darman_Skirata

• Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2010, 02:24 AM »
wow this would be one Heavy Duty rebreather pack :)
Think you'll be using it for storing things as well or will that become too heavy for the kit?

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2010, 07:26 AM »
I'll likely use the top for storing wallets, phone, and such. Whenever I troop, I almost always have Abby with me, so she can be the one to dig the stuff out.

Also, the inside of it, behind the "Grill", I'm going to add some wire mesh, some circuit boards, pips, and a fan or two, along with a few lights off to the side to give a bit of amibient lighting in it, like as if the lights were on the circuit boards or something and just part of the design. I'm not gonna have it brightly lit in there, but just enough to make out what is there, and still have it look in-universe.

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2010, 07:40 AM »
Nice! As it is, it already has a swarsy look to it.

David.

Facebook page
#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Drago Seron

• Butcher of Endor
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2010, 07:42 AM »
 Sweet find. I can't wait to see the finished product.

DragoSeron3copy by Doc Kruzer, on Flickr

Horsemen-WAR

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Oct 13, 2010, 08:36 AM »
Very cool base for a pack!  Definitely has the look of some sort of rebreather pack with all the "radiator grill" stuff going on with it.   Can't wait to see more progress.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!