Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mandalorian Protector WIP .

• 233 Replies

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
Mandalorian Protector WIP .
« on: Oct 16, 2010, 07:19 AM »
I got paint on the armour today with my youngest son James's (Rel toi Skirata)  help ,also built the knee's , just need to wait on the glue curing , still to work on the bucket , The paint is finished , ive just to weather it and add the sigil's etc .

The pics are after the first coat , i put down three coats and the finish came up nice , I painted the shin and thigh armour , but i dont know whether i will wear it yet  ,The colour on the shoulder's look's alot brighter than it actually is , Im pleased with the result so far .Ive still to work on the new gauntlet's too and still to get some greeblies together , hopefully get some more done mid-week , comments welcome  ;D

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2010, 07:29 AM by K.T. Skirata » Logged

Saz

• Hodor'alor
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Best Blaster - Official Member with best looking Verpine Shatter Rifle Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Mandalorian Protector WIP .
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2010, 07:28 AM »
That's a nice green there bud, what selection of Halford's finest is that?

Helmet builder and custom Maker, PM me for details or click here.

ITYS Counter now at 177.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2010, 07:30 AM »
That's a nice green there bud, what selection of Halford's finest is that?

Vauxhall leaf green ner'vod  ;D

Remo Jadd

• Vok'Chi Warmaster
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2010, 07:51 AM »
looking good kel  ;)

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2010, 08:49 AM »
Thanks Remo  ;) I added the Skirata badge that A'den sent me and the first spot of weathering , thanks to taking off the backing  ;D

The lighting on the pic is poor , it's so much better in real life  ;D

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2010, 08:51 AM by K.T. Skirata » Logged

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2010, 09:03 AM »
Looking great. What happened to the sandgolod circle?

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2010, 11:16 AM »
Looking great. What happened to the sandgolod circle?

I tore the circle when i was taking off the backing paper , stcky stuff , is it still ok ?

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2010, 01:43 PM »
Yeah, you may try to paint it on somehow though, The color is significant to the sigil  8)

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 16, 2010, 03:01 PM »
Yeah, you may try to paint it on somehow though, The color is significant to the sigil  8)

Ive got a gold touch up pen on hand , probably wont be neat though , but i will try  :-[

Hondo Karr

« Reply #9 on: Oct 16, 2010, 03:56 PM »
Dont be afraid to use some kind of stencil or to weather up any ugly edges lol. Here's the thread to the sigil's creation and what everything means on it...

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=22893.0

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 16, 2010, 04:02 PM »
Dont be afraid to use some kind of stencil or to weather up any ugly edges lol. Here's the thread to the sigil's creation and what everything means on it...

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=22893.0

Thank's A'den , i will try to get this perfect ner'vod .

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 16, 2010, 04:40 PM »
I tried to touch up the Skirata sig with some gold , need's some more work  :-[  once the paint has dryed and sanded and more touch up it should look presentable , and the knee's are ready for paint now (thank's RKD)  ;D

I paint by hand as well as i can spit at the moon  :P distinticley hellish .

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2010, 04:50 PM by K.T. Skirata » Logged

Hondo Karr

« Reply #12 on: Oct 16, 2010, 07:23 PM »
I little sanding and weathering and it should be good.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #13 on: Oct 16, 2010, 07:28 PM »
I little sanding and weathering and it should be good.

Thank's for being kind with your word's , it look's like i painted it on with the brush between the cheek's of my sheb's , im not a great artist in the slightest notion of the word , but i will try  ;D

Hondo Karr

« Reply #14 on: Oct 16, 2010, 07:32 PM »
Oh no, I can see that ner'vod (rofl!) but, same exact thing happens to me when I try to use a paint touch up pen for surface work instead of just touch up.

If you can, try to find a glass that's about the same diameter as the circle of gold, mask the whole thing off with masking tape, place the glass over it and use a razor knife to cut the cirle off exposing the sigil but protecting the plate. Then use a 400-500 grit wetsand to lightly buff it out/smooth it out. You can even go over that with 1000 afterwards if you want. Then black wash the sigil, clean it up and remove the tape, Should be good to go.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 16, 2010, 07:46 PM »
Thanks for the tips A'den , tape and cutting i can do !

Gar Skirata

• " Life is Light, When Compared, to Honor"
« Reply #16 on: Oct 16, 2010, 08:13 PM »
thats a real nice build buir. i love the symbols on it, there very orginal  ;D

WE CHEAT DEATH FROM HIS RIGHTFUL VICTORY
NO ONE CAN DEFEAT US
WE GLADLY PLUNGE
FEET FIRST IN TO HELL
WITH THE KNOWLEDGE...
THAT WE WILL RISE!

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #17 on: Oct 16, 2010, 08:31 PM »
thats a real nice build buir. i love the symbols on it, there very orginal  ;D

Thanks Gar  ;)

Darman_Skirata

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #18 on: Oct 17, 2010, 07:34 AM »
this is looking good  ;D love watching MP builds ^^

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #19 on: Oct 17, 2010, 10:58 AM »
Thank's Dar  ;) this is going to take a while , i want it the best i can make it or as near as possible . I plan to troop alot next year , especially down south .

Darman_Skirata

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #20 on: Oct 17, 2010, 12:58 PM »
great to hear it, hopefully my MP will be done by then too, so there'll be at least two MPs at an event ^^

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #21 on: Oct 19, 2010, 01:48 PM »
I look froward to it ner'vod  ;D

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #22 on: Oct 23, 2010, 05:57 PM »
Not much of a progress shot , more of a tidy up shot  ;D

Before !

After !

Still need's work and weathering , but ..  :D getting there i hope  ;D

Valgus Ordo

• I'll take a stab at it.
« Reply #23 on: Oct 24, 2010, 12:08 AM »

Most impressive!  Do you already have a matching bucket?  And what weapons are you planning on pairing with this kit? Or am I jumping too far ahead in my excitement?  :-[

"Bury me not with soil or stone, cleanse not my corpse with fire nor water. 
 Let me be buried with the bodies of my enemies!"  -A Clan Ordo warchant I made up.

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #24 on: Oct 24, 2010, 02:31 AM »
i like it, yellow is cool

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!