Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Saz's Jetpack

• 15 Replies

Saz

• Hodor'alor
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Best Blaster - Official Member with best looking Verpine Shatter Rifle Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Saz's Jetpack
« on: Oct 21, 2010, 07:15 AM »
Hiya,

I've been feeling a bit naked without a Jetpack for a while now, but managed to snatch up an end of run Bobbyfett UK Jetpack for a cheap price.

Because it was end of run, the cast needed a bit of work done on it, however, once the airholes were filled and the flash was removed I had myself a great looking Jetpack.

I kept it simple to work with my outfit, once I get a smaller brush I will add some detailing to the rocket and then weather it.

I bought a cheap backpack and a £1 shop dog harness for the strapping and put clips onto the pack and cut the backpack so it made a harness, then  measured up the right amount of strapping to give me full tension on the backpack. It worked pretty well first time!

So all I need to do now is find a way to transport it, though the rocket and the boosters are removable. :)

Helmet builder and custom Maker, PM me for details or click here.

ITYS Counter now at 177.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Saz's Jetpack
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2010, 09:40 AM »
Very nice, I just added one of my own.

Saz

• Hodor'alor
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Best Blaster - Official Member with best looking Verpine Shatter Rifle Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2010, 11:00 AM »
Well, I've shown you mine... :)

ITYS Counter now at 177.

Darman_Skirata

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2010, 06:23 PM »
great work man! i envy you :P

Zel Gret

• Keep your friends close, disintegrate your enemies
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2010, 08:02 PM »
Looks good!!

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2010, 09:00 PM »
Well, I've shown you mine... :)

I'll have pix of the whole package up hopefully in a day or two. Ive made alot of changes to my armor since my last pix.

Fett Seven

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2010, 11:43 PM »
When it comes to jetpack I'm always interested.  I'll be looking out for those photos.

Ghez_Hokan

• MAJIC Member #006
« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 2010, 11:53 PM »
Here's some helpful info on jetpacks: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=30049.0

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2010, 01:23 AM »
Where did you get this pack and how much was it?  I am really in the need for a pack.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Saz

• Hodor'alor
« Reply #9 on: Oct 22, 2010, 04:44 AM »
Well initially I was building my own and I was flipping around ebay trying to find bits and pieces to make my life easier when I stumbled across a full jet pack by Bobby Fett UK for much cheaper than he was offering when he did his first few runs. Turns out it was an end of run Jetpack and I gave him an offer which he accepted.

I did have to do some filling and sanding on it, but it really was no hassle for me, so I'm mega happy I got a great builder's work for cheap.

ITYS Counter now at 177.

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Oct 22, 2010, 01:39 PM »
Mate, I wish I had your luck. Good job it is looking top notch.

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Garik Xemo Fett

• Shoot first ask Questions later
« Reply #11 on: Nov 06, 2010, 11:06 PM »
nice pack like the dent in the ball next to the thruster

Saz

• Hodor'alor
« Reply #12 on: Dec 17, 2010, 07:56 AM »
Just thought I'd throw in some pictures of me wearing the pack in full armour.

I have to admit, my outfit does really feel more complete with it.

ITYS Counter now at 177.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 17, 2010, 08:09 AM »
Looks brilliant mate .

« Reply #14 on: Dec 17, 2010, 08:18 AM »
Nice pack... loving that missle...

Hondo Karr

« Reply #15 on: Dec 17, 2010, 09:13 AM »
:thumbs up:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!