Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Fem-mando Early Crusader (APPROVED)

• 1322 Replies

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Fem-mando Early Crusader (GLOVES pg.42)
« Reply #600 on: Jun 13, 2011, 03:44 PM »
I never realized the image of the crusader has the boba shoes!

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
reality is a hologram created by our minds.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #601 on: Jun 13, 2011, 04:08 PM »
I never realized the image of the crusader has the boba shoes!

I'm not using those tho.  :'( :D ;) I have thought of making a toe piece for my boots with the spikes like his has but, I'm afraid they will break off when I'm walking around?

'ika is a diminuitive suffix, usually used in reference to children, but also used affectionately between adult friends.

I'm gonna hope that it's the "affectionately between adult friends".  :D ;)

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
« Reply #602 on: Jun 13, 2011, 05:33 PM »
one of those multipal meaning words that can be defined in context. towards you; yes adult friends, but if directed to your kid(s)or any then it means little warrior or something.

like when you call your kids "sweetie" its the same word as when you say it to you man, but slightly different meaning. :)

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Jagen Ordo

• Chirp-chirp-chirp...KABLOEY!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #603 on: Jun 13, 2011, 06:55 PM »
Too bad those gloves don't fit.
They look awesome.

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #604 on: Jun 13, 2011, 07:21 PM »
'ika is a diminuitive suffix, usually used in reference to children, but also used affectionately between adult friends. I'd probably contract your name to Seug'ika, or even as far as S'ika, as it's usually customary to add suffixes after consonants, but it's a mutable thing.
I'd argue with the use of children there Slade, as it gives it a negitive conotation, least it does running it through my head. Deffinatly a term affectionately used for younger ones though.
I'm gonna hope that it's the "affectionately between adult friends".  :D ;)
Of coarse it is, especially since I know you can make gloves now and I just happen to be in the market for some new ones ;) ;D :P

Have a good one,
Hagen

Vash Bastra

• formerly newbeskargam
« Reply #605 on: Jun 13, 2011, 07:34 PM »
Here's some pics of that other guy should people be confused: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f34/getal-gratua-28131/
But seriously, this kit will be the mark by which all future Early Crusaders will be judged on. This is great stuff.

The trick isn't hiding from your prey
The trick is not needing to.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #606 on: Jun 14, 2011, 09:17 AM »
I'd argue with the use of children there Slade, as it gives it a negitive conotation, least it does running it through my head. Deffinatly a term affectionately used for younger ones though.
I fail to see the negative connotation; children is the general term for people below the age of adulthood. It can be used negatively, but so can pretty much any descriptive word in the English language if you put a little thought into it.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #607 on: Jun 14, 2011, 02:20 PM »
Pah! We're all Mando Fanboys/girls here. What's a little in-universe language between geeks? ;) ;D

I definitely agree with everyone else, this kit really sets the bar on Early Crusader builds! I have a feeling you'll blow the App team out of the water. ;)

« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2011, 01:01 AM by Squirrel » Logged
"And what have we learned?"]
Sorry I'm not around much anymore, life is very busy for me at the moment. . .
M.A.J.I.C. #103
A new WIP will be posted eventually. . .

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #608 on: Jun 14, 2011, 02:25 PM »
made...up...words....Don't put to much thought into it OR go somewhere else if you want to talk it out. 

Well in all fairness, Kav'an, it's Seugtai's thread and she did ask what the prhase meant...so the discussion is relevant to her question. 

GreatSkyRiver Falco

• Haamyc ner nu'amyc
« Reply #609 on: Jun 14, 2011, 08:42 PM »
all words were made up at one point.

when are we gonna see a kit-up ??? ;D

can't be much longer...

OriKebiin'traYustapir
Victory, not vengence.
M.A.J.I.C # 008

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #610 on: Jun 14, 2011, 09:58 PM »
I think we're still waiting on her soft parts. I hate waiting.

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072
« Reply #611 on: Jun 15, 2011, 01:31 AM »
I fail to see the negative connotation; children is the general term for people below the age of adulthood. It can be used negatively, but so can pretty much any descriptive word in the English language if you put a little thought into it.

-ika is like -ito and -ita in Spanish.  I wouldn't be surprised if that's where it was borrowed from, in fact.  Literally, -ito means small or tiny, but it gets added on as a sign of affection just as often. 

Spanner Murraan

• the Big Stick
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #612 on: Jun 15, 2011, 12:56 PM »
-_- I dislike made up words. 

And yet you list your location as a Made up Planet, whos name in and of itself is a made up word.  peculiar.

"what in the samhell is a Puma?"

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Fem-mando Early Crusader (GLOVES pg.44)
« Reply #613 on: Jun 15, 2011, 01:53 PM »
when are we gonna see a kit-up ??? ;D
can't be much longer...
I think we're still waiting on her soft parts. I hate waiting.

Yes, now that I have an appropriately sized glove I can make it's friend, then I can get working on the jacket. And when I have the chest piece finished I will be able to put all the upper body pieces together for a test fitting for all of you PATIENTLY WAITING.  ;D

And thank you for clearing up that phrase for me everyone, I didn't think it would cause such a stir. Sorry.  :-\

Oh, and Squirrel, don't think I didn't notice that you originally wrote that it was just the helmet that was setting the bar...LOL  :P :D ;) I kid.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I guess third time really is the charm or close enough. The gloves are now comfortable to wear even when gripping my ripper or axe handle which was the goal.

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #614 on: Jun 15, 2011, 02:10 PM »
I see equal amounts of awesome in each glove :P Good to know you have one that fits now though.

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #615 on: Jun 15, 2011, 02:21 PM »
Oh, and Squirrel, don't think I didn't notice that you originally wrote that it was just the helmet that was setting the bar...LOL  :P :D ;) I kid.

I was tired! I blame fatigue! LOL! ;D But this kit really will set the bar. . . ;)

Okay, so I guess third time really is the charm or close enough. The gloves are now comfortable to wear even when gripping my ripper or axe handle which was the goal.

Simply superb! Excellent sewing job!

"And what have we learned?"]
Sorry I'm not around much anymore, life is very busy for me at the moment. . .
M.A.J.I.C. #103
A new WIP will be posted eventually. . .

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #616 on: Jun 15, 2011, 02:29 PM »
Fits you like a glove . lol

Jagen Ordo

• Chirp-chirp-chirp...KABLOEY!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #617 on: Jun 15, 2011, 03:49 PM »
Fits you like a glove . lol
What he said.

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
Re: Fem-mando Early Crusader (JACKET pg.45)
« Reply #618 on: Jul 05, 2011, 11:12 PM »
My jacket is finished all except for the bottom of it, which I will finish once I have the pants made as well. They will snap together at the waist to create the illusion that it is a one piece flightsuit. The front has a hidden zipper and snaps and the collar has an angled flair to double as a neck seal.

Front

Front Detail

Back

Jacket and Glove

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #619 on: Jul 05, 2011, 11:27 PM »
Love  :D

Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness
Tra'cor Clan || MMCC #1653 || Traffic Cone Brigade #02
FB: Facebook.com/NicoTheFett | OM Invasions: 94

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #620 on: Jul 06, 2011, 01:23 AM »
Nice one , I thought ye forgot about this LOL

redkraytdragon

• Disintigrations are likely...
« Reply #621 on: Jul 06, 2011, 01:23 AM »
Did you sew that jacket yourself????? Beautiful!  :D

Vash Bastra

• formerly newbeskargam
« Reply #622 on: Jul 06, 2011, 02:23 AM »
b...b...b...b-b-b-bloody mirshebs?! How can you be this awesome?!  :o

The trick isn't hiding from your prey
The trick is not needing to.

manakari

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #623 on: Jul 06, 2011, 02:36 AM »
So when we going to grab some lunch and you show me all your goodies in person. I can't wait til dcon.

Dar'manda

• Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 50 official invasions.
« Reply #624 on: Jul 06, 2011, 03:14 AM »
Wait  your telling me you made that jacket?

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!