Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Leesa Vhette - soft parts

• 9 Replies

Leesa Vhette

• Gatherin' intel & makin' things happen...
Leesa Vhette - soft parts
« on: Nov 27, 2010, 09:57 PM »
Hello there.... I'll add more to this as I get things purchased, made and finished....  But this is to start.

So far, I haven't gotten my vest made or my flight-suit, but I did find some leather gaiters that I will be using for boot spats.  Here's a pic of them....

As soon as I get my suit and my boots, I'll post a pic of me wearing them...   ;)

Intelligence and Logistics is my game... 

Progress:
Beskar'gam: 75%
Buy'ce: 100%
Gauntlets: 20% (the dog ate my finished gauntlets)
Boots: 10%
Soft Parts: 90%
Armory: 100%

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
Re: Leesa Vhette - soft parts
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2010, 12:35 AM »
Those are some super cool looking spats. May I ask where you bought them and for how much?

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Dar'kumn Vol

• Your song has yet to be written.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2010, 01:35 AM »
Very nice find there. I like where you're going with this build. I can't wait to see more!

There are no heroes, only those with conscience. Once they take rise, none shall stop them. They lead us forward into tomorrow not limited by today. They are who we strive to be.

Saberan Vhette

• No Retreat! No Surrender!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2010, 08:35 AM »
Those are some super cool looking spats. May I ask where you bought them and for how much?

Tassone, Ner Vod, We got them at Amazon.com fairly cheaply. About $26 plus shipping.

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2010, 10:27 AM »
Tassone, Ner Vod, We got them at Amazon.com fairly cheaply. About $26 plus shipping.

Wow great find. That's a good deal for sure. I didn't even think about Amazon.  In the past I have checked EBay and Etsy.

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2010, 10:34 AM »
YOu can find almost anything on amazon :D Awesome find Leesa :D

Leesa Vhette

« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2010, 01:50 PM »
Thanks guys!  We've been looking for spats for a while now and the Amazon find was awesome...  They're used, of course, but in great condition.... I had thought about painting some silver accents on them, but I'm not sure I want to do that just yet.  It may be too much when the kit is done, ya know?  We'll have to see...  Now I've got to get some boots and we'll be set as far as feet go.   :)

Progress:

Mar'eyce

• Ma-ray-shay
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2010, 08:44 AM »
I have some leather spats exactly like those that I got on eBay, and I love them. I had to take them in though because they were too wide for me, but my vintage treadle sewing machine o' doom handled that stiff leather quite well. :D

I also sewed some velcro onto them to mount my metal boot plates.

Ori Cabur

• Old Guard
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions Award for 75 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2010, 11:57 AM »
Hello there.... I'll add more to this as I get things purchased, made and finished....  But this is to start.
So far, I haven't gotten my vest made or my flight-suit, but I did find some leather gaiters that I will be using for boot spats.  Here's a pic of them....

One of my Krayt Clan Mercs uses those very gaiters. They turned out great, i'm interested to see how you end up using them in your kit!

Leesa Vhette

« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2012, 05:23 PM »
Update... I now have all of my soft-parts and am putting them together.  I made my vest this week, and all I have to do is sew the shoulders on it and attach my plates when they are completed (I'm having to re-do a couple of them). 

Instead of a flight suit (which I just can't wear because of certain personal reasons), I have gotten some BDU's in a solid, dark grey color to go with my design.  So far, I've taken off the pockets and such from the shirt, and about about to start on the pants. 

I have also started on my girth belt.  I'm using a horse girth belt that I purchased from Tractor Supply.  It is made of cotton cording, bound at the middle with a nylon strap.  I had to cut the smaller rings off of it and trim the strap some.  Currently, I am hand sewing the cords together with thread and will be adding some fur and other things to it to dress it up a bit. 

I will post pics of each of these things once I find my camera's battery charger (My kids did something with it!).   ;)

Progress:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!